daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #2861
Alexriga
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,089
Likes (Received): 181

This is absolutely amazing! Chicago is the place I wish to visit some day.
Alexriga no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #2862
jaja3000jaja
Masters Student
 
jaja3000jaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 266
Likes (Received): 3

Wow, this tower looks awesome, i like how the car park is totally integrated into the tower's design, unlike most Dubai towers where the car park is the box on the bottom.
jaja3000jaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #2863
wrabbit
Registered User
 
wrabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,162
Likes (Received): 5

12 March, from S Wabash:



Elevator up, elevator down:

wrabbit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #2864
LeMoN-SK
Regular Fool
 
LeMoN-SK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bratislava
Posts: 2,851
Likes (Received): 81

great angle wrabbit that first picture looks awesome
LeMoN-SK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:38 AM   #2865
Reinsdorf Sucks
Seven Costanza
 
Reinsdorf Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 352
Likes (Received): 4

I'm expecting somebody with a camera to get some good green river shots on Saturday!
Reinsdorf Sucks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 01:55 AM   #2866
sämelihülz
Kansas of Elsass
 
sämelihülz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BASEL (CH) / HAMBURG (GER) / OLTINGUE (FR)
Posts: 1,438
Likes (Received): 16

Looks amazing. Compared to Chicago, NYC looks just boring!
__________________
LMAA

***1893***
sämelihülz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 02:20 AM   #2867
Ember-To-Ashes
Registered User
 
Ember-To-Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southampton
Posts: 445
Likes (Received): 7

i really wish they had the same exterior elevators on the Burj Dubai.... so they could clad beneath it and still have the elevator there.. =)
Ember-To-Ashes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #2868
TrumpObserver
Sr Project Manager
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6
Likes (Received): 0

Chi649, sorry, been quite busy and just saw your inquiries. Level 66 was just poured yesterday, March 12. The exterior glass is now on level 62. As I understand it, the project team had a very difficult time with getting past the transfer floor of level 50/51. As you can see, presently, glass is partially in place on level 50, and level 51 glass is now started as well. It appears that the glass is now working two crews, one moving up top to the condo and one staying behind. As the floor plate for the condo is approximately 14,000 sf, I would suspect that the glass will begin to jump up the building, as the concrete seems to stick to a 4 day pour cycle. I've heard that weather has impacted alot of the trades on the job. It has been a brutal winter.

As for the spire, I believe it will come in sections and be flown in. The publications I've read state that the job is to deliver Spring of next year. With the Chicago Moratorium of Nov thru Jan, I would suspect that the spire should be set sometime late this Fall. I have seen such events in the past, they take a coupld weekends to perform, and much of the leg work / prep work is done on the ground and then flown into place.

The building must first top out with both concrete, mechanical systems, and curtainwall before the spire can be introduced.

It will be interesting to see how the tower cranes come off the building, as those should both be off prior to the spire being set.
TrumpObserver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM   #2869
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast
 
cbotnyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 2,560
Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpObserver View Post
It will be interesting to see how the tower cranes come off the building, as those should both be off prior to the spire being set.
can you explain how this is done?
cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #2870
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember-To-Ashes View Post
i really wish they had the same exterior elevators on the Burj Dubai.... so they could clad beneath it and still have the elevator there.. =)
That would be a fun and scary ride. I could only imagine how nice that would be.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #2871
Chi649
Registered User
 
Chi649's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,156
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpObserver View Post
Chi649, sorry, been quite busy and just saw your inquiries. Level 66 was just poured yesterday, March 12. The exterior glass is now on level 62. As I understand it, the project team had a very difficult time with getting past the transfer floor of level 50/51. As you can see, presently, glass is partially in place on level 50, and level 51 glass is now started as well. It appears that the glass is now working two crews, one moving up top to the condo and one staying behind. As the floor plate for the condo is approximately 14,000 sf, I would suspect that the glass will begin to jump up the building, as the concrete seems to stick to a 4 day pour cycle. I've heard that weather has impacted alot of the trades on the job. It has been a brutal winter.

As for the spire, I believe it will come in sections and be flown in. The publications I've read state that the job is to deliver Spring of next year. With the Chicago Moratorium of Nov thru Jan, I would suspect that the spire should be set sometime late this Fall. I have seen such events in the past, they take a coupld weekends to perform, and much of the leg work / prep work is done on the ground and then flown into place.

The building must first top out with both concrete, mechanical systems, and curtainwall before the spire can be introduced.

It will be interesting to see how the tower cranes come off the building, as those should both be off prior to the spire being set.
Thank you TrumpObserver. It sounds like you are involved in the project and you must be very busy. I really appreciate the time you've spent giving us some inside info
__________________
Visit the official website for the Chicago Spire:
http://www.thechicagospire.com
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #2872
RON-E
Registered User
 
RON-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Richmond, VA/Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,635
Likes (Received): 35

it seems like this tower went up pretty quickly, is it ahead of schedule?
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #2873
harryc
Registered User
 
harryc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 2,099
Likes (Received): 375

March 14 - AM

__________________
Harry C --- Picassa ---- Web Shots

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:44 AM   #2874
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,186
Likes (Received): 882

03/10/08


03/13/08
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #2875
spyguy
Expert
 
spyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,916
Likes (Received): 97


karintobrien

Older photo from March 4

aaron schwartz
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 06:23 AM   #2876
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611



Nice, I was waiting to see the river turn green pretty soon.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #2877
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head
 
Daireon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Santa Fe
Posts: 3,013
Likes (Received): 5514

why does it turn green?
__________________
ARGENTINA
My facebook
Daireon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #2878
scalziand
Naugatuckian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Naugatuck, CT
Posts: 455
Likes (Received): 181

^The city dyes it green for St. Patrick's Day.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:15 AM   #2879
Daireon
The lunatic is in my head
 
Daireon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Santa Fe
Posts: 3,013
Likes (Received): 5514

oh! cool!!
__________________
ARGENTINA
My facebook
Daireon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #2880
Retrograde
Chicago
 
Retrograde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 903
Likes (Received): 4

March 14, 2008







Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
adrian smith, chicago, donald trump, trump, trump tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu