daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #781
Jamie

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanamerican View Post
HAHAHAHA... wonder what they are building up in your city...
Just as in America, vast amounts of architecture in Britain is shit dispite how tall it is. However, thankfully we don't all suck on Trump's ***** extentions.
Jamie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #782
SNL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

jaime, you're just a broken record. look at all of the posts jamie has made...they all say the same negative thing. i think jaimie is exactly what jaime says in every post jaime makes.
SNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #783
EnDleSsWaLtZ

Likes (Received): 22

Sounds to me like Jamie really doesn't like the Donald. Perhaps he's an ex lover of Don seeking revenge by knocking his building on a forum?
EnDleSsWaLtZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:33 AM   #784
Reinsdorf Sucks
Seven Costanza

Likes (Received): 4

I was watching the Bulls - Pistons game on ABC today, which is being played in Chicago. And after commercial breaks they show shots of the city. One of the shots was of the Trump Tower and Wrigley Building etc. I noticed in the shot the facade was only 2 levels above the first setback. But I know from recent picture updates I have given that the facade is really 10 levels above the first setback. This means that ABC is showing month old video-shots of the city that I would normally assume were live. I find this very weird. I doubt anybody else besides people on this forum would notice this if they saw the video-shot.
Reinsdorf Sucks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #785
N.I.C.E.

Likes (Received): 4

Maybe all the guys laughing at JAMIE should ask some of the people working in the old IBM building what they think of their new nabour. Dont think they like the Trump tower.....
N.I.C.E. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:04 AM   #786
Jamie

Whats wrong with being negative? We have to question buildings and in this context, skyscrapers. I don't like this because it masks Mies van der Rohe's IBM building. A building designed to the highest quality with an unquestionable attention to detail. Trump's tower doesn't even come within 100 miles of that quality and deffinatly has no right to be growing next door. But as we can see, even most you people who take an intrest in architecture don't mind, you just seem to like the fact that it's going to be big and shiney. Well if thats all this forum is for then it's pointless. A good quality building is all about the details- LOOK AT THE BUILDING.-The glass doesn't even curve round properly!
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:18 AM   #787
ChivDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinsdorf Sucks View Post
I was watching the Bulls - Pistons game on ABC today, which is being played in Chicago. And after commercial breaks they show shots of the city. One of the shots was of the Trump Tower and Wrigley Building etc. I noticed in the shot the facade was only 2 levels above the first setback. But I know from recent picture updates I have given that the facade is really 10 levels above the first setback. This means that ABC is showing month old video-shots of the city that I would normally assume were live. I find this very weird. I doubt anybody else besides people on this forum would notice this if they saw the video-shot.
Yeah, I'm surpised you hadn't noticed that before. They usually have the same shot angle at night, day, ect. and they show those during the game.
ChivDevil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:25 AM   #788
Lance
Most ignored user!

Likes (Received): 3

I'm still not convinced by this one either.... however not quite so hard line as Jamie up there. Gonna be hard to call until it's done and dusted. Nothing really bad about it... just seems like a space filler right now.
Lance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #789
theworldshallcry
BAMMED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Whats wrong with being negative? We have to question buildings and in this context, skyscrapers. I don't like this because it masks Mies van der Rohe's IBM building. A building designed to the highest quality with an unquestionable attention to detail. Trump's tower doesn't even come within 100 miles of that quality and deffinatly has no right to be growing next door. But as we can see, even most you people who take an intrest in architecture don't mind, you just seem to like the fact that it's going to be big and shiney. Well if thats all this forum is for then it's pointless. A good quality building is all about the details- LOOK AT THE BUILDING.-The glass doesn't even curve round properly!
What's wrong with being negative? You must not have been to Texas. I'd take a tower that looks like Michael Jackson's face over the endless sprawl out here.
theworldshallcry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:01 AM   #790
SNL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
i've checked all 23 of your posts, like anyone could, and they are all negative. try being positive once, it's much more fulfilling.
SNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #791
ThirskUK
WORLD PEACE

Likes (Received): 86

Don't be so pessimistic, it's not good for your creativity as an architectural student.
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM   #792
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirskUK View Post
Don't be so pessimistic, it's not good for your creativity as an architectural student.
The stuff I complain about is not creative architecture you ****!
Old May 14th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #793
mightygoose

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
The stuff I complain about is not creative architecture you ****!
having a difference in opinion does not deem personal insults necessary. if jamie wishes to express a negative opinion he should be allowed to, however he needs to do it in a more appropriate way, same as if you disagree with him you need to do so in a more appropriate way. i think we should all calm down a minute before this thread gets locked.
mightygoose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #794
Sandeman
everything's looking up

Likes (Received): 1

Fact: The Trump Tower is looking more and more like Chicago's new eyesore on the river. Blue glass, bright chrome-ish stanless steel, poor detailing, and Trump signs everywhere....

Fact: The IBM building is designed to have full exposure to the east overlooking the river & lake. The people working in that building are getting a great bird's-eye view of a construction project, and soon a great view of overpriced and garish condos and hotel rooms...

Fact: Over the past 15 - 20 years, there have been hundreds of Graduate School vingettes for solutions to the Sun Times site, many of which appeared more successful than SOM's effort... and those same Grad students are most likely working at SOM (but probably didn't have the opprotunity to assist in the design).

Funny Fact: Trump will be pissed if the Chicago Spire project goes ahead... and when they are both complete, the Trump Tower will be a laughing stock!
Sandeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #795
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

5-13-07

Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #796
SNT1

Quote:
Funny Fact: Trump will be pissed if the Chicago Spire project goes ahead... and when they are both complete, the Trump Tower will be a laughing stock!
You're kidding me, right?

Trump himself may be the laughing stock, but not the Tower. You might as well say the Jin Mao is the laughing stock of Shanghai when SWFC gets topped off, same thing with 2IFC and ICC in Hong Kong. See, Trump Tower (final design) wasn't even supposed to be the tallest in Chicago. I guess even without ChiSpire it was supposed to be laughed at in the first place since, errr, Sears is still taller?
SNT1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #797
Chi649

Quote:
LOOK AT THE BUILDING.-The glass doesn't even curve round properly!
I think what you are seeing are reflections on the glass that are creating the illusion of an improper curve. Even in places where glass is straight, it sometimes looks like the glass is bubbly, wavy, and non-flat from the reflections. A little more critical thinking would have helped in your assessment.
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #798
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31750

Is it just me or this tower is taking a LONG time to rise?
JuanPaulo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #799
Kngkyle

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPaulo View Post
Is it just me or this tower is taking a LONG time to rise?
Just you. It's been rising at about 10 floors per week. Should be topped out in a month or two.
Kngkyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:51 PM   #800
prelude91

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Trump's tower doesn't even come within 100 miles of that quality and deffinatly has no right to be growing next door.
He has just as much right as anyone else to build in this spot
prelude91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
adrian smith, chicago, donald trump, trump, trump tower