daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 12th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #101
mdiederi
Artist

Likes (Received): 162

mdiederi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #102
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

What's the status on tower 2?
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #103
mdiederi
Artist

Construction starts in 2008.
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM   #104
MasonicStage™
Super Moderator

the tower looks okay to me
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #105
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58028

This thing looks like crap to me

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #106
Superfish

Likes (Received): 2

Glass in now placed all the way up to the last two floors of the building. Still no sign of the white crown yet. They have slowed down quite a bit since the topping of the tower.
Superfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #107
Alweron

Likes (Received): 8

Mr. Trump loves gold and that's the reason why he wanted it to be gold colored. I really hope he will have the other golden Trump II tower built next to that one. Two looks much better. And gold isn't tacky in Vegas, it fits there!
Alweron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #108
mdiederi
Artist

If the white crown around the top goes only to the top of the frame, then it won't be as tall as in the renderings with the glass as high as it is. So I'm guessing the white part will extend taller than the frame.
Old June 30th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #109
newyorkrunaway1
Skyscraper Guru

Likes (Received): 8

i had the privelage to go t vegas and see all the construction first hand. it is amazing! although i hate the way trump towers facade looks, the building demensions, i love! why does trump make things so gaudy?! this is not meant to be rude, because i love vegas, but it fits right in. everything is overdone in vages, but thats what makes it vegas. its extravagant and glamorous!
newyorkrunaway1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:03 AM   #110
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

Golden Trump sounds good
Skyman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:38 PM   #111
Superfish

This is a really interesting article about Trump's involvement level in his tower.

Trump's personal touch pays off in Las Vegas
By Brian Wargo / Staff Writer

If anyone had any doubts about Donald Trump being a hands-on guy when it comes to any of his projects, talk with Richard Rizzo.

The vice chairman of Perini Building Co., which is building the Trump International Tower & Hotel in Las Vegas, said he was surprised at Trump's request to participate in the process when Perini seeks bids from its subcontractors.

Normally, a developer relies on Perini to solicit bids and get the lowest prices possible for its building projects and make recommendations.

In an unusual request, Trump wanted to review every bid that went out and have the ability to contact the subcontractor and negotiate an even better price. Rizzo said he felt a little uncomfortable about the request since that's his company's job, but he ultimately agreed to it as long as any contact was kept professional.

Trump went through every bid package and contacted every subcontractor on the job.

"He picks up the phone and calls the lower bidder and says, 'This is Donald Trump. Can you do better? I am about to award you this contract, but I am not sure you have given me your best shot here.' Son-of-a-gun, if he doesn't get another 1, 2, 3 or 4 percent out of it,' " Rizzo said.

Rizzo said he apologized to Trump, saying he felt embarrassed that Trump was able to do that and his firm wasn't.

"He said, 'Don't be embarrassed at all. It's just my name,' " Rizzo said. "He said, 'My name will carry the day, and I want to use it to my advantage.' I would have never believed that you could pick up the phone and call somebody and ask them to cut your price by whatever and get them to do it after they had already been beaten over the head a few times by us."

Rizzo said some subcontractors said no to Trump's request. Someone cut their price as much as 5 percent, he said. Trump's phone calls cut about 2.5 percent off the price, he said. That's worth nearly $9 million on $350 million in bids to subcontractors, Rizzo said.

"It was certainly worth his effort. I guess if you got a call from Donald Trump out-of-the-blue (it would have the same effect). Egos are big in this business. There are a lot of Type A people and they love to be the biggest and the best. They can tell people they talked with Donald Trump. I guess they are willing to pay the price for that, I guess," Rizzo said laughing. "I would have never believed it that he could do it, but there are a lot of people enamored with who he is and the image he has created for himself."

Rizzo also pointed out how Trump picked out the marble and certain finishes for his project.

"He gets involved in a lot of details I would have never thought he would have," Rizzo said. "It is his name he puts on it. It is his trademark, and he wants to make sure there is a level of quality that reflects the level of his name."

Trump hasn't announced any other projects in Las Vegas beyond his second tower, but Rizzo said he wouldn't be surprised if Trump remains active in the market.

"He has been so successful," Rizzo said. "His name is one that attracts investors."
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:46 PM   #112
Superfish

The Tower's crown is being installed as of today.

Last edited by Superfish; July 4th, 2007 at 02:38 AM.
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:07 AM   #113
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous

Likes (Received): 5224

Almost done!

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #114
jaja3000jaja
Masters Student

Likes (Received): 3

Awesome!!! I didn't know about the second tower, I knew about the Trump tower in las vegas years ago but not two!!
jaja3000jaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:47 AM   #115
Chris85

Likes (Received): 0

Nice updates! Even though Trump isn't one of my favorite towers, it'll add to the skyline. I was driving past it today and it looked like the white cladding is all installed except for one side, and there's already a "T" on one side too.
Chris85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:32 AM   #116
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alweron View Post
Mr. Trump loves gold and that's the reason why he wanted it to be gold colored. I really hope he will have the other golden Trump II tower built next to that one. Two looks much better. And gold isn't tacky in Vegas, it fits there!
Trump is the typical rich person... always trying to show off their money, it almost makes me sick. You don't ruin a perfectly good tower by making it gold to show off the size of your wallet.
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:46 AM   #117
Superfish

The entire T R U M P sign on the south facing crown has been completed. It's nothing extraordinary, but does the job. I reckon the letters in the renderings were made a bit bigger you know, just because.
Old July 27th, 2007, 05:02 AM   #118
OtAkAw
BUMMED

Likes (Received): 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient Seas View Post
Trump is the typical rich person... always trying to show off their money, it almost makes me sick. You don't ruin a perfectly good tower by making it gold to show off the size of your wallet.
You know how many billionaires act, many rich people are sickening.

But I have to admit I quite like the color of the building.
OtAkAw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 02:17 AM   #119
mdiederi
Artist

From waaaay south you can read his name on top.

From the north
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:23 PM   #120
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

don't like these two at all. trump has done a better job in chicago.
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote