daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2007, 01:24 AM   #141
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 371

I thinks it kinda ugly but I personaly dont think it will be built!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:28 AM   #142
norman01

Likes (Received): 1

Singing the Blues!!!!!!!

[IMG]http://www.pbase.com/cmilam/image/71491740[/IMG

It's kinda ugly and you think it won't get built. This is quite a negative statement, let me guess your wife left you for your best friend, the Bank repossessed your car & home and of course Old Buster died. You might as well go shoot yourself.
norman01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #143
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

^ Lol..wtf?
Old February 26th, 2007, 03:54 AM   #144
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

That tower remind me alot of idea design for new WTC complex years ago. Its look much similar but not exactly same. It is same concept of design. I saw it on cnn.com just few months after 9/11 attacks.

I don't really like this tower and I hope it will get redesign before they start the construciton.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 04:04 AM   #145
VelesHomais

Likes (Received): 5029

I don't like it, looks like a *****. But the height is very impressive.
Old February 26th, 2007, 04:42 AM   #146
surfernia

Likes (Received): 0

what the hell!? why am i looking a masterpiece of a giant ***** or *****?! it's scary, to tell truth. god, i really hope there won't be a boob / ****** project upcoming. it just truly represents las vegas....the prostitute, show girls and so on. gah. the joke is on us.
surfernia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 04:45 AM   #147
CrazyAboutCities

True. That will be too much!
Old February 26th, 2007, 05:34 AM   #148
xAKxRUSx

Likes (Received): 7021

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman01 View Post
[IMG]http://www.pbase.com/cmilam/image/71491740[/IMG

It's kinda ugly and you think it won't get built. This is quite a negative statement, let me guess your wife left you for your best friend, the Bank repossessed your car & home and of course Old Buster died. You might as well go shoot yourself.
lol. wtf?

I think someone had a bad day too.
xAKxRUSx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:06 AM   #149
DarkLite
vital

Likes (Received): 15809

this thing better not be built. then the stratosphere would be obsolete and look completely tacky not being the tallest building in LV. i really do hope this thing does not get built.
DarkLite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #150
BabeMagnet2000

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquin View Post
this thing better not be built. then the stratosphere would be obsolete and look completely tacky not being the tallest building in LV. i really do hope this thing does not get built.
I personally feel Vegas should stay away from entering the Supertall race altogether. Vegas has a world-renowned identity all its own already.
BabeMagnet2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #151
CrazyAboutCities

Quote:
I agree. I think Las Vegas should get decent skyscrapers instead big ugly **** tower similar to Seattle skyline. Space Needle isn't Seattle's tallest but it look good with taller decent skyscrapers though. Las Vegas can do it too with better looking skyscrapers.
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #152
Superfish

Finally a couple decent thoughtful posts instead of the bunch of "it's an ugly *****, I don't want them to build it." But you're free to think what you want.

At least someone else think Vegas can become better with a few more skyscrapers. I agree that without a couple supporting buildings around it, a building of this height really looks like a sore thumb and suffers what some called the "taipei 101" effect, with one tall tower all by itself.

As for cost and the amount of rooms, it's nothing revolutionary compared to the other resorts being built.

but I've just about had it with some of these people.

So the design is a bit out there. Is that in and of itself a reason not to build it? Too radical? Why give us those constraints when you say Vegas isn't a "regular or real" city. We don't deserve to be a "real" city so why do you hate just because we build what you expect? Do you not expect something like of all the cities in the US to be in Vegas?

I wonder if anyone would give a damn if it was only 1100ft tall, or was comprised to two smaller 900ft towers?

It is because many people have an intense hatred and loathing towards las Vegas in general and hate anything that we propose?

Or if not, is it because of the height? It's far from the tallest in the world. Does Vegas not have a right to build the fourth or fifth tallest then? Are you disgusted that "inferior" (in your mind) Las Vegas somehow does not have a right to build something barely a two thirds the height of something like the Burj Dubai and could be somewhere in the same league as those world class architectural acheivements?

Well it is my personal opinion that all of you who think so can take that thought and shove it.

In this day and age as many here know several other cities are planning towers taller than this, and it'll be lucky to make it in the top ten when all is said and done.

We're not trying to make it the tallest or compete with any other city. far from it. More so we're probably just competing with the other mega projects in the same city, like the $7 Billion USD CityCenter project.

When it boils down it's just a hotel that happens to be a bit tall, nothing more nothing less. And a proposal at that.

At least give it a chance will ya?

Last edited by Superfish; February 26th, 2007 at 08:51 AM.
Superfish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM   #153
FROM LOS ANGELES
skyscraper maniac

Likes (Received): 37

I think the majority of us here at SSC dont hate Vegas, with the exceptions of a couple of trolls. I myself, admire Vegas, it is one of the most beautiful cities at night, and the Hooters whores, etc, makes it even better.
The architeture is very eye catching; the very sense of having replicas of other landmarks makes it so unique. Vegas will look good with a tall hotel, no doubt. But with all of this, why ruin the perfectly good skyline with this eyesore? I say, build the damn thing once and for all, but redesign first!
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #154
DarkLite
vital

Likes (Received): 15809

las vegas has a really cool skyline, not complete but still great, as long as the stratosphere is king. i live here in vegas and i must say tht the strato is way too stubby, even with that, i still think las vegas shouldnt have a building that supersedes the strato because it will just ruin the look of one dominating tower needle. plus, i would not really mind if they would build something not as tall and bland. i dont like the trinagular design.
DarkLite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #155
cello1974
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

I think it will become one never built in the Emporis stats,...
cello1974 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #156
CHAPINM1

Quote:
las vegas has a really cool skyline, not complete but still great, as long as the stratosphere is king. i live here in vegas and i must say tht the strato is way too stubby, even with that, i still think las vegas shouldnt have a building that supersedes the strato because it will just ruin the look of one dominating tower needle. plus, i would not really mind if they would build something not as tall and bland. i dont like the trinagular design.
I really hope they build taller!!! Look at several other city skylines, buildings that were once the tallest were surpassed by some amazing and unique structures. There should never be a limit! Time to move on to bigger and better. The Stratosphere will always be a one of a kind even if it is surpassed.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #157
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6530

i like it and i hope it'll get build!
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #158
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

Its my opinion that tall is tall and I will take it wherever it is. Not to mention the US shouldnt be so choosy if it evens wants to keep up in a "tall race".
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #159
mdiederi
Artist

Likes (Received): 162

In the last few days they started preparing the site.

And it's more than just demolition because it looks like they are getting ready to start assembling some construction offices.

mdiederi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #160
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

Um I didnt know it had been approved.