daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > KiwiScrapers > Auckland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 12th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1161
IThomas
ɐpɐu ǝɹ,noʎ 'ɐpɐɹd ɯ,ı

Likes (Received): 5010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYDNEY View Post
will be revealed in phases over the next 20+ years.
true

can't forget it{aly}
DISCOVER EVERY PLACE . SEE DIGITAL DIARY .
EXPO MILANO 2015
Feeding the Planet. Energy for Life.
MAY 1 ・ OCTOBER 31 | JOIN EVENT
IThomas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 13th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #1162
mathlete
Kiwi in London

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
That isn't the final design - it is an indication of the areas that will be built up and it also shows the height restrictions. Most of what you see there has already been tweaked and will be revealed in phases over the next 20+ years.
Ah, thank you sir. Good to know.

I think a green belt around the cbd would be a winner. Where do I submit my ideas lol.
mathlete no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #1163
Bealzebubbles

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Ah, thank you sir. Good to know.

I think a green belt around the cbd would be a winner. Where do I submit my ideas lol.
Put it on top of the motorway. Two problems solved for the price of one. You hide an unsightly motorway and get an amazing horseshoe shaped park.
Bealzebubbles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #1164
SYDNEY
MELBOURNE

Likes (Received): 5214

Construction Updates

Jellicoe Precinct
Construction works in this area are now largely complete. Dredging of the inner Cement Harbour to the west of Silo Park will be completed by the end of April.

Wynyard Crossing
CCTV cameras are being installed to improve the safety and operation of the bridge.

Daldy Street / Halsey Street Design Upgrade
Developed design is finished for the area and detailed design phase about to begin with construction due to begin later this year.

Jellicoe to Madden Seawall Replacement
Concept designs are completed and now under review in terms of cost, consenting requirements and health and safety.

Queens Wharf Development Phase Two
The concept design for the Shed 10 primary Cruise Terminal upgrade is progressing and expressions of interest gathered from contractors. Auckland Council will consider a full business case including a detailed design and final budget in June. Construction works are scheduled to begin thereafter to be completed in January 2013.

Viaduct Marina
Improvements to the marina berths alongside the Viaduct Events Centre have been made before the arrival of the Volvo Ocean Race competitors. The next maintenance stage will focus on the installation of new multi service outlets to cater for water, telco data and power to the berths around Te Wero Island.

In early January 2012 the Marine Travelift was relocated from the Viaduct to The Landing to Okahu Bay. This now provides leasing space for Prada and Team New Zealand to accommodate its AC72 boats.

Team New Zealand sheds
The demolition of the existing Team New Zealand sheds on the western side of Viaduct Harbour will begin early next month. TNZ will still have a home in the area but are just moving up the wharf further away from Lighter Quay.

Kids playground
Currently sourcing concept design for shade structure for the Wynyard Quarter playground and expecting to be installed towards the end of June.

VEC services
An upgrade to the 100 metre sewer line to the Viaduct Events Centre is set to start early next month and will run for three to four weeks.

" Melbourne is just like San Francisco without the fog" ... Anthony Bourdain

BLOG + FLICKR + TWITTER + FACEBOOK + PINTEREST
+ INSTAGRAM
SYDNEY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #1165
SYDNEY
MELBOURNE

Waterfront Plan update

We have been delighted at the response from local residents and businesses and members of the wider Auckland public to the Draft Waterfront plan. We have been collating feedback and making changes to the draft plan including a revised list of projects. Most proposed projects received positive support and will be in the final waterfront plan including the provision of more public spaces, better connections to and from the area through improved public transport and pedestrian and cycling routes, and a continuation of the support for the marine and fishing industry along the waterfront. Just over 80 per cent of respondents said that they support the general direction of the draft Waterfront Plan and 84 per cent said that the ideas and action in the plan would make the waterfront a place they would be proud of.

The development of a Waterfront Walkway and Cycleway was the most popular of the projects proposed. Some projects received limited support such as plans for additional reclamation in Westhaven Marina and concerns about the amount of development and heights of buildings. The Councilís 10-year budget will provide funding for many of these projects to proceed. That budget is signed off by the Council in June. Take a look at our construction update to see what is progressing along the waterfront in the meantime. A final waterfront plan will be released alongside the Councilís 10-year budget in June.

+ INSTAGRAM
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:22 AM   #1166
KLK

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
.....an artificial lake or whatever, coz to me that just looks dull.

What, there's not enough water nearby already?
KLK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #1167
drosophila

Likes (Received): 19

Now imagine a huge motorway running along the western side of that and you'll know what Steven Joyce and John Key dream about at night - and what if we're not carefull we'll end up with.
drosophila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #1168
Bealzebubbles

Personally I think the provision for parks is ideal. You have point park at one end with a boulevard leading to Victoria Park and Silo Park at the end of the long Quay/Jellicoe axis. Any more parkland and you run the risk of it looking empty. Personally I'd like to see lots of little laneways between the buildings that encourage you to explore and wander and find a secret courtyard bar or a restaurant down an alley. I'm pleased to see that this has started with ASB and Sanford creating Fish Lane.
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:47 AM   #1169
SYDNEY
MELBOURNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealzebubbles View Post
Personally I think the provision for parks is ideal. You have point park at one end with a boulevard leading to Victoria Park and Silo Park at the end of the long Quay/Jellicoe axis. Any more parkland and you run the risk of it looking empty. Personally I'd like to see lots of little laneways between the buildings that encourage you to explore and wander and find a secret courtyard bar or a restaurant down an alley. I'm pleased to see that this has started with ASB and Sanford creating Fish Lane.
I spoke to somebody in the know and he/she reckons that when the development is finished, Wynyard Quarter will have more Laneways than Melbourne. Each project within the Quarter has to include laneways. ASB will have 3 and the Hotel will also have 2 laneways. Let's hope that they stick to this criteria - it will be fantastic for the city.

+ INSTAGRAM
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #1170
Bealzebubbles

Quote:
I spoke to somebody in the know and he/she reckons that when the development is finished, Wynyard Quarter will have more Laneways than Melbourne. Each project within the Quarter has to include laneways. ASB will have 3 and the Hotel will also have 2 laneways. Let's hope that they stick to this criteria - it will be fantastic for the city.
Awesome. It would be amazing to be able to walk from Fanshawe to Jellicoe along cobbled streets only emerging at the cross streets. Combine that with two fantastic boulevards along Halsey and Daldy Street and we would have a world class urban environment. It would be interesting to see the contrast with the other precints. Historic Britomart, grungy Fort Street, stylish High Street, alternative K Road maybe Wynyard should go ultra modern with curves and bright lights. Buildings that seem to float above the street.
Old April 20th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #1171
Mr_kiwi_fruit

Likes (Received): 1105

Today

Last edited by Mr_kiwi_fruit; April 20th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Mr_kiwi_fruit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM   #1172
DML2
Aucklander

Likes (Received): 0

I don't think that roof thing is going to look very good

:D
DML2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1173
Bealzebubbles

If the roof was flat no one would care as it would look like the standard flat roof with a penthouse on top. The fact that it slopes away suddenly makes all the difference for some reason.
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM   #1174
DML2
Aucklander

Likes (Received): 0

It just doesn't appear to fit in with the rest of the design.

Whether that's true or not remains to be seen of course

:D
DML2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2012, 04:08 PM   #1175
drosophila

Can anyone clarify what building Team NZ will be moving into? In the long term there needs to be some permanent solution for them, I think it's important to have them there - we don't want the whole area turning into 5-star hotels and million+ apartments.
Old April 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM   #1176
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 2729

ASB is looking really good! I look forward to seeing pictures of it finished.

My Photo Tours: Singapore Dec 2013, Tokyo Dec 2013, New Zealand Dec 2013 and Jan 2014

YouTube Channel
Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:45 AM   #1177
Matt L

Likes (Received): 48

This will no doubt spur those tram doubters on but the tram is losing about $150k per year. Currently the tram has an annualised patronage of just over 100k per year
http://www.franklin-live.net/site/player/1102.html
http://www.franklin-live.net/site/player/1103.html
Matt L no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:25 AM   #1178
drosophila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
This will no doubt spur those tram doubters on but the tram is losing about $150k per year. Currently the tram has an annualised patronage of just over 100k per year
http://www.franklin-live.net/site/player/1102.html
http://www.franklin-live.net/site/player/1103.html
Well how much is the roading around Wynward losing each year? I bet maintenance comes to more than 150,000 a year and that's coming mainly from rates.
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1179
IThomas
ɐpɐu ǝɹ,noʎ 'ɐpɐɹd ɯ,ı

Likes (Received): 5010

when the updates of ASB building with new photos?
IThomas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #1180
SYDNEY
MELBOURNE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IThomas View Post
when the updates of ASB building with new photos?
When Mr KF stops paying all his attention on me

+ INSTAGRAM