daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Middle East > Local Forums > Qatar > West Bay (Dafnah) Towers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #41
Halawala
Fairouzy

Likes (Received): 193

I don't think this is the one. The design looks plain ugly and unoriginal--very 50's design.

Sponsored Links

Old January 17th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #42
superinfiniti

Likes (Received): 0

It doesn't look like the one in this pic >>

superinfiniti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #43
hazeem

guys ..chek out behind the ppl......its dat box like tower with silver square in the middle i forgot the name of that tower....i think its near 44 west bay tower...
hazeem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #44
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 7

m tower
QatPhils no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #45
Hosain85

Likes (Received):

not bad, if they ever get a resolution to the israeli-palestinian conflict it would be nice to develop the gaza coastline.

btw its good to see the leaders in the gulf are the first to help out their palestinian brethren financially...
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #46
hazeem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaaron4 View Post
m tower

yea ....right!!
hazeem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #47
QatPhils
DOH - AUH - Baguio :D

Likes (Received): 7

Is it underconstruction?
QatPhils no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #48
Massilia
Qatar forums

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman515 View Post
Found something

in one of MillenniaL posts I found this and it says the tower name is al qouds

it doesnt look tall but maybe they change it later.
Maybe an old proposal indeed...cause if we consider the building in the background to be City Center, the spot looks pretty much the same as the actual one on the photos!
Massilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #49
salman515
Smile :)

Likes (Received): 172

actually it looks like its in alfardan twins place to me.
salman515 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2007, 05:23 PM   #50
Halawala
Fairouzy

So, anyone know the location and status of this tower?
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #51
suzan
Que puedo decir?

Likes (Received): 1

Qatar, Doha
Al Quds tower

the new version of the Dome of the Rock

This 100 floors tower project represents a real challenge to afford the creation of the most innovative human habitat and the greatest landmark of Doha because its residential function and its shape that always could remind to the world the hope of the peace for the Palestinian land.

The target is to host more than 2.000 inhabitants in a icon building that could be symbolically linked with Al Quds trough the analogy with the Dome of the Rock, the most important and ancient monument of the Islamic culture, the place where the prophet Muhammad ascended to God in the sky.

The geometry of the Dome of the Rock is abstractly extended in height and with the right proportion to became an ethereal tower, that mix itself with the sky; in this way the Golden Dome became a sort of Golden Minaret. Its top (420 meters) is able to catch and reflex around the first ray of the sun in the morning and the last in evening, all over Doha. In the night, because so high and close to the seaside, it will be the lantern of the Gulf. The main entrance direction 15 lifts lobby and a laser light on top are toward the Al Quds direction, to remind Palestinian land, all the time and to everybody, from everywhere in Doha.

All these symbolical meaning with their own cultural, political, and religious contents find a reasonable choice and a pragmatic meaning in the correspondence with a clear consolidate typology of skyscrapers: the Miraret or “skyrockets” shape is considered the best choice in terms of aerodynamic effect of the wind. Just some examples between many: Swiss Re in London, Acqbar in Barcelona, and now the tallest in the world, the construction Bionic tower in Shanghai - 1200 meters.

The cylinder and round base plan is better than square or polygonal one. But the amount of the vortexes on the back of the cylinder can create negative strong whirlpool. Like the airplane wings the force should be dangerous.
The reduction of cylindrical shape (Typical first 50 floors diameter of 60 meters) since the half of the height toward the top allows a drastic reduction of this vortex of air on the back of the tower with the positive result of avoiding high costs for the foundations and all the structural frame.

The tower include 420 apartments will host 2.250 residents with a medium range of 120 sqm each plus the surrounding continuous private and public terraces, provided by the 2,5 mt. of extended cantilevered slab that ensure also protection by the sun and easy maintenance of the glass façade.
Five floors of futuristic “sky-gardens” ensure greenery and fresh air at any floors breaking the textured skin of the building. Around the, every 20 floors, public facilities and services like nursery, bar and restaurants, prayer rooms, Gym, Spa, swimming pools, library clubs, mini-markets will allow the high quality and real environmental “vertical” life style.

A vertigo restaurant and a suite for special honour or diplomatic guests are on the top.
An easy and economic but innovative RGB changing colors lighting system will ensure spectacular dynamic games of light at night, in the podium and along all the tower, until the golden top.

The car for the residents will be close to the apartments as per the best futuristic goal about this issue. Like in the first lucky typology of this kind of tower (Marina Bay in Chicago). The cars are host in the first 9 spiral slab car park (800 cars for 420 residents are more then 1,5 for each apartment).

The tower down is sustained by the real image of a feet shaped podium. The slabs, going down, start to increase them self in a fluidic enlargements, like the topography land curves map.

The ground floor double height Podium will host retail and commercial activities, a bank, one mosque for 300 persons, a 500 seat multipurpose ballroom and cinema hall with surrounding small restaurants. The service and commercial area of 9.000 sqm has a 2 level underground car park basement, hosting 670 cars for visitors and employers.
On the Podium the roof garden of palm trees, with swimming pool and decorative pools provides nice views to a big gym, Spa and restaurant.
The transparency of the glazing of the podium is protected by the sun with a continuous “mujarabya” in computer and laser cut aluminium panels to evoke the stone and the ceramic tiles texture and Islamic scripts of the base of Dome of the Rock in Al Quds.

Source: http://www.europaconcorsi.com/db/pub...a.php?id=17450
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM   #52
Halawala
Fairouzy

Thanks A million Suzan for the update!
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:43 AM   #53
salman515

WOW !!! Thanks suzan. I was waiting for something big like this.

I think its time to create a thread in the supertalls section, don't you think ?
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #54
suzan
Que puedo decir?

Yes! I think that too salman!
Should I say, go ahead!?
Old September 16th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #55
salman515

alright back with the link in a second .

here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...6#post15381426
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #56
suzan
Que puedo decir?

Thanks!
Old September 16th, 2007, 12:19 PM   #57
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

yay thanks suzan and thanks salman for posting the other thread in the super talls area the tower looks great especially the GREEN part its eco friendly with the plants up high reminds me of the tower of babylon
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:05 PM   #58
salman515

any one in Doha can go and take a picture for the place ??

I think its somewhere in here

we need proof that its U\C, the website says Mid 2007!!
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:26 PM   #59
Massilia
Qatar forums

Likes (Received): 5

Great find Suzan! The design is not very creative but I trust it can look nice in reality.
Actually as you can see from my pics I was in the area yesterday. There is some huge excavation work going on next to Barjeel tower but there was no board mentioning whatsoever. Actually one of the circles Salman made is now the deep hole I'm talking about. I'll go and check again, maybe I missed it....I'm invited to a very nice hotel not far ( ) for iftar later on today so I'll be able to tell you very soon
Massilia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #60
suzan
Que puedo decir?

It looks a bit like Agbar tower no?

Anyway, don't like the design that much, but it might look great in reality like Massilia said!