daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #10021
SO143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 20,896
Likes (Received): 3624

By beechlights

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beechlights/6826045945/sizes/l/in/photostream/
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #10022
2030211111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 19
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
i heard in a tv report on french tv that qatar raised the financement for this project.
Is it true?
Qatari's own 80%.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...f-glass-london
2030211111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #10023
SO143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 20,896
Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2030211111 View Post
Qatari's own 80%.
only 80%? i thought the entire project was fully funded by the foreign tycoons form the uae, so who owns the rest of 20%?
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #10024
Eduardo L. Ramirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,454
Likes (Received): 913

The article says that the Shard would be rising higher than the Ostankino television tower in Moscow
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #10025
SO143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 20,896
Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo L. Ramirez View Post
The article says that the Shard would be rising higher than the Ostankino television tower in Moscow
i just skimmed the entire article and didn't find any line that indicates "the shhard would be rising higher than the ostankino television tower in moscow" perhaps i missed it? can you quote that sentence pls?

Quote:
Qatari investors bought 80% of the project in January 2008, when it was valued at £2bn.
the price is insane according to the article. what is the total value of the shard? is it really worth £2bn ($3.16bn)?
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:08 AM   #10026
Eduardo L. Ramirez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,454
Likes (Received): 913

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
i just skimmed the entire article and didn't find any line that indicates "the shhard would be rising higher than the ostankino television tower in moscow" perhaps i missed it? can you quote that sentence pls?
Of course, it's the 2nd paragraph:
Quote:
The glinting Shard of Glass has become the tallest building in Europe, rising higher than Canary Wharf's main tower, Frankfurt's Commerzbank and the Ostankino television tower in Moscow.
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #10027
parsonsnose
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 512
Likes (Received): 26

The ostankino television tower in Moscow is 540 mtrs tall, plus there are other towers there taller than the shard so the article is wrong if it says that.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #10028
SO143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 20,896
Likes (Received): 3624




http://www.wallpaperjoe.com
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #10029
reecebowker
Registered User
 
reecebowker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: manchester
Posts: 325
Likes (Received): 35

second last photo is an amazing render
reecebowker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #10030
spotila
SSC Mapper
 
spotila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,585
Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
can you imagine showing this image to a 17th century Londoner and telling him this is what his city will become? Such an inspiring image.
__________________
spotila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #10031
borza
Registered User
 
borza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 131
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotila View Post
can you imagine showing this image to a 17th century Londoner and telling him this is what his city will become? Such an inspiring image.
I think showing the picture to a 17th century Shanghai citizen would be by far more impressive
borza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #10032
MissyC
Registered User
 
MissyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,847

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotila View Post
can you imagine showing this image to a 17th century Londoner and telling him this is what his city will become? Such an inspiring image.
LOL indeed... what I was thinking was "how would it feel to leave your house early every morning heading for work or else and then face this huge beauty?" Certainly many will not even consider it as a beauty or like it, but to us, it is and in fact, it will make my day every day the moment I look at it!
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
They steal the future; They sell it today and They call it Gross Domestic Product!
MissyC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #10033
Jay
Registered User
 
Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: California to Barcelona
Posts: 4,054
Likes (Received): 1863

wooooaah! Such a cool building
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #10034
Frankus Maximus
Registered User
 
Frankus Maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ascot
Posts: 1,061
Likes (Received): 735

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
only 80%? i thought the entire project was fully funded by the foreign tycoons form the uae, so who owns the rest of 20%?
Irvine Sellar owns 20%, the Shard was his brainchild from the start. He sold 80% to the Qataris in order to raise the finance.
Frankus Maximus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #10035
PortoNuts
Registered User
 
PortoNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Porto
Posts: 23,947
Likes (Received): 7200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesome View Post
Two shots my mate took on Instagram:




__________________
Got one head for money and one head for sin..
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #10036
PortoNuts
Registered User
 
PortoNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Porto
Posts: 23,947
Likes (Received): 7200

by Edvvc.

image hosted on flickr

February 6th by Hans Pfaal, on Flickr
__________________
Got one head for money and one head for sin..
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #10037
cybertect
Registered User
 
cybertect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London
Posts: 2,903
Likes (Received): 182

A few pics taken this lunch time





__________________
my web site | my flickr
cybertect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #10038
PortoNuts
Registered User
 
PortoNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Porto
Posts: 23,947
Likes (Received): 7200

How pristine that glass on the top section.
__________________
Got one head for money and one head for sin..
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #10039
SO143
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 20,896
Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybertect View Post
A few pics taken this lunch time

great to see more panels being fitted!!! cheers for the pics!!!
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #10040
NYBOY1975
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NEW YORK
Posts: 319
Likes (Received): 95

Love this tower very nice!

http://www.youtube.com/user/NYBOY75
NYBOY1975 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
32 london bridge street, london, london bridge tower, renzo piano, southwark, the shard, the shard of glass

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu