daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2006, 05:23 PM   #1
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18133

PRAGUE by hkskyline - Part 1

hkskyline and InitialD18 Visit Prague
Back in May, we had a Hong Kong forum meet in London and subsequently the two of us went to Prague and Berlin for a holiday. While my Berlin photos were posted long ago, it took a bit more time to go through my Prague photos due to my busy schedule. Here is the first of many threads to come.

Impressions
Prague is an amazing city - the most beautiful I have ever seen. The city has kept its historic charm intact, and the town centre is very manageable to walk and explore. Food and accomodations were very cheap. We rented an apartment about 15 minutes from the town square, and a decent meal in the tourist trap district averaged about 3-4 euros. The city was bursting with tourists even though it was early May, and the locals in the town centre seem to speak English fairly well.

These types of buildings are plentiful throughout the city centre.

These are just random photos from a number of streets we explored to start. We haven't even hit the main tourist sights yet. I set a new record for photo-taking during our 4-day visit. I couldn't help it with blue skies keeping us company from start to finish.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Last edited by hkskyline; October 28th, 2007 at 07:47 PM.
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:34 PM   #2
InitialD18

Likes (Received): 0

finally hehehe ... great photos ... can't wait to see the
spires ... textbook urbanism ...
InitialD18 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #3
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Thank you, great details of facades. Albeit I think you would be able to make such a photos in many central european cities, it's simply architecture of this region. Particularly apartment houses from the 19th century built in neo styles are very similar across central Europe. That's not the thing that makes Prague unique.

Last edited by kokpit; December 11th, 2006 at 11:31 PM.
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #4
caw123
Hit the north!

Likes (Received): 3

Thanks for these. Prague is my favourite city in Europe, I can't wait to go back.

"Manchester is located in the center of Lancashire plain in northwestern England like a big circle theatre."
caw123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #5
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18133

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokpit View Post
Thank you, great details of facades. Albeit I think you would be able to make such a photos in many central european cities, it's simply architecture of this region. Particularly apartment houses from the 19th century built in neo styles are very similar across central Europe. That's not the thing that makes Prague unique.
Our original plan was to sweep a few cities in the area, including Vienna and Budapest. However, the timing didn't work out so we had to drop Vienna and Budapest, added Berlin, and I made a side trip to Stockholm instead while InitialD18 flew back to Hong Kong.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote