daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2011, 04:32 PM   #20181
Cadillac

Likes (Received): 2

looking at the pic in post 20161, the building doesn't appear to taper skinnier as it grows. in all of the renders on SSP it seems to. does anyone know how it will end up? personally, i think it looks better on the render
Cadillac no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:44 PM   #20182
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

No, no te preocupes por usar el espanol aqui. En Nueva York muchos hablan espanol - aun gringos como yo.

Pero porque dice que es una proyecto "simple"? No entiendo. Este no me parece ser nada "simple". Si vengas a ver todo el sitio de construcion te daras cuenta de eso.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM   #20183
Пятница
BANNED

Likes (Received): 359

English please!!!
Пятница no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:02 PM   #20184
FCU

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
No, no te preocupes por usar el espanol aqui. En Nueva York muchos hablan espanol - aun gringos como yo.

Pero porque dice que es una proyecto "simple"? No entiendo. Este no me parece ser nada "simple". Si vengas a ver todo el sitio de construcion te daras cuenta de eso.
Yeah and I can talk Dutch here, because NYC was founded as New Amsterdam by the Dutch

But I think this project isn't simple at all as well, the total height of 1, 2, 3, and 4WTC together is 1628,1 metres (5341,54 feet), approximately a mile! And then I don't even add 7WTC and the possible 5WTC. Together with the memorial, the transportiation hub and the memorial this will be mindblowing!
FCU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:14 PM   #20185
Пятница
BANNED

Likes (Received): 359

What da huck??
Пятница no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:17 PM   #20186
Hoogfriesland

Likes (Received): 1203

Ontopic please in English! This is an international forum. Back to the WTC project.

Source: Jwalas

Hoogfriesland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:17 PM   #20187
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятница View Post
What da huck??
Troll fail.. Don't pay attention..
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:21 PM   #20188
MontanaGuy

Likes (Received): 49

Cadillac wrote:
Quote:
looking at the pic in post 20161, the building doesn't appear to taper skinnier as it grows. in all of the renders on SSP it seems to. does anyone know how it will end up? personally, i think it looks better on the render
I've noticed that very same thing but it seems to me that it will clearly have smaller floors higher up because every single floor has a little more cut off of the corners as it grows taller until the point that those long triangular shaped cutaways will finally form a square at the very top of the roof. So I'm thinking that it would depend on the angle you're taking the photo from as far as the tapering is concerned. If you were taking a photo in the direction of any of the four corners I think it would looked tapered because you would see the sloping cutaways on every floor that gets smaller towards the top. However, if you were facing the exact center of the building with your camera from any of the four sides it would not appear to taper because all four of the those walls are perfectly verticle.
MontanaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 05:23 PM   #20189
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
Quizás el único usuario activo aquí que te entiende soy yo. Tratandose de una torre en Estados Unidos, y de un foro internacional, te sugiero que escribas en ingles

jaja no es cierto, en nueva york se habla espanol tambien
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:13 PM   #20190
LexISguy

Likes (Received): 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonHackney View Post
Aunque tu pregunta es que le dirias si el existiera, yo te digo que yo no tengo ninguna duda de su existencia. YO SE QUE EL EXISTE.
1.- Solo hay que mirar el universo y su conformacion para darse cuenta que hay un ser superior que rige todas las cosas.
2.- Dios nos ama, hace que el sol brille y haya agua y oxigeno en la tierra en beneficio de todo ser viviente, sin importarle si es bueno o malo.
3.- Todos tienen derecho a la vida y por eso estamos aqui, animales, plantas,
hombres, etc. etc.
El nos creo, sin distingos de razas o especies. Jamas dijo cual era la raza
superior ni cual debe ser privilegiada, eso lo ha dicho y hecho el propio
hombre, pero nunca lo ha dicho Dios.
4.- Dios es amor y nos da mucho mas de lo que nosotros le damos a El.
Todo el mundo pide y pide, pero que le damos nosotros a El?

En resumen si yo lo tuviera frente a mi, no le recriminaria por que el sufrimiento, el hambre las guerras, el odio y las enfermedades y los crimenes a inocentes en este mundo, sino mas bien le pideria DISCULPAS, por lo mal que nos hemos portado con El.
El nos dejo 10 mandamientos, que NADIE cumple.
De los diez mandamientos la gran mayoria no cumple ni uno. Entonces como podriamos reclamarle el sufrimiento del mundo?
Copihue no está en línea Report Post Reply With Quote

Ingles Por Favor.
LexISguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM   #20191
oli83

Likes (Received): 999

This thread is getting more and more spoiled.. a mod should do something!

On topic: Next row of cladding started on the south side as well as on the east side:

Discovery cam http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/the-risi...-pictures.html

oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:43 PM   #20192
600West218

"Yeah and I can talk Dutch here, because NYC was founded as New Amsterdam by the Dutch "

Being founded by the Dutch has nothing to do with anything - Dutch is not commonly spoken in NY. Spanish is, second only to english.

Regarding the building appearing not to taper that much I have noticed that for some time too. But it is clear that is an illusion given by the netting. The netting often bulges out from the building where the taper is thereby hiding it. Eliminate the netting and it would be very clear. If you look close you can notice that in many of the pictures.
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:51 PM   #20193
Dominance

Likes (Received): 5

Pardon my ignorance, but does anybody know how heavy each glass panel is that is being installed at Tower 1 World Trade Center? Thank you
Dominance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:05 PM   #20194
FCU

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
"Yeah and I can talk Dutch here, because NYC was founded as New Amsterdam by the Dutch "

Being founded by the Dutch has nothing to do with anything - Dutch is not commonly spoken in NY. Spanish is, second only to english.

Regarding the building appearing not to taper that much I have noticed that for some time too. But it is clear that is an illusion given by the netting. The netting often bulges out from the building where the taper is thereby hiding it. Eliminate the netting and it would be very clear. If you look close you can notice that in many of the pictures.
It was ment sarcastic

And it doesn't seem to taper much when you see this, as the current height:

[IMG]http://i56.************/2w3dmo0.png[/IMG]

And note that the building is just at like two fifth if you leave out the base, so I think we'll just have to wait.
FCU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:33 PM   #20195
MontanaGuy

Likes (Received): 49

FCU wrote:
Quote:
And it doesn't seem to taper much when you see this, as the current height:
That's because of the angle at which this view is from. If you look at my explanation a few posts above I'm positive I've answered the question correctly. Look at it from any corner and it will appear tapered at the maximum angle. Look at it from the exact center of any of the four sides and it will not appear to taper at all.
MontanaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:05 PM   #20196
600West218

To me when I go to the site the taper is quite noticable behind the netting. In a two dimensional diagram here it may not seem like a lot but when you see it in person it is quite noticable, just as the bulge out from the ground level to the top of the 200 foot base is also noticable.
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM   #20197
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

TristanRD92 (Feb 26th, 2011)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Almost!
image hosted on flickr

jesse.forrister (Feb 27, 2011)

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:10 PM   #20198
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

EJP Photo (Feb 26th, 2011)

image hosted on flickr
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:30 PM   #20199
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

Pictures like that remind me of why i come to this thread every day...just beautiful skyscrapers in a pure blue sky
hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2011, 09:22 PM   #20200
trulsaal
Student in New York 2012

Likes (Received): 0

Hello, does anybody know how tall the base of the original WTC was, compared to the new 1 WTC?
trulsaal no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center