daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #22341
DinoVabec
Worldwide
 
DinoVabec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 5,900
Likes (Received): 752

May 29th, Tectonic, WNY..

















__________________
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know.
-Roger H. Lincoln
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #22342
toren1776
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 65
Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
I didn't want to sound insulting to someone who was misinformed so I just said his logic was on the right track but then have the right information.
You said that his logic was "impeccable", not just "on the right track". You can't just say that out of courtesy. I had every right to correct you.

Please stop derailing this thread Traynor. Enough is enough.

I admit that my wording was incorrect. It should have been "equilateral" not "equidistant". Thank you for pointing that out. When someone corrected me with my math, I didn't harass him, I congratulated him. That is not just internet etiquette, it is everyday etiquette.

It seems that you are a very pretentious member of this forum as you can't even admit that you're wrong. Me and several other forum members have disproved some of your assertions time and time again and you still can't admit it. Instead of making an intelligent rebuttal, you attack other forum members. I appreciate your more constructive posts on this thread, especially your downtown building height diagram that you update with each successive jump of 1 WTC. But seriously, stop acting like you're the most important member of this thread, because you are not.

Please, let this be the last post on this issue. It doesn't deserve the time nor the attention of other forum members here.

Last edited by toren1776; May 29th, 2011 at 11:34 PM.
toren1776 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:40 PM   #22343
IanG
1 WTC / Tower 1 lover...
 
IanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 252
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
May 29th, Tectonic, WNY..
It looks marvelous in that shot.
IanG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #22344
Kurtin
Registered User
 
Kurtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 792
Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoVabec View Post
May 29th, Tectonic, WNY..
This has to be one of favourites viewing angles. Peaking out between 2WFC and 3WFC at ground level in front of the winter gardens.
Kurtin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #22345
Jim856796
Registered User
 
Jim856796's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Citizen of the World
Posts: 8,944
Likes (Received): 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtin View Post
Because Mayor Bloomberg told them to.
That's not enough. I want a different reason. Their prior headquarters was built in 1998. If I'm not given a proper reason, then other forumers are going to think Mayor Bloomberg has to be smoking something, he ain't no Thomas Menino.
__________________
I honestly think all development projects must be sustainable and futureproof.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #22346
Kurtin
Registered User
 
Kurtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 792
Likes (Received): 114

No, no, Mayor Bloomberg didnt have a role in it. He wasnt smoking Pineapple Express or anything. That was me shit talking.

Maybe, possibly Condé Nast was offered a better long term rate than that was currently offered in 4 Times Square. You would need to confirm that with someone else.

I thought 4 Times Square was completed in 1999-2000. Pretty young building when you think about it.
Kurtin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:04 AM   #22347
geoking66
Registered User
 
geoking66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London, New York
Posts: 3,164
Likes (Received): 6909

I took this yesterday from Pier 45 (Christopher Street).

image hosted on flickr
geoking66 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #22348
TowersNYC
Carlos V
 
TowersNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,003
Likes (Received): 16

Sunday May 29, 2011

today, on my monthly pilgrimage to the site.....it was an amazing day....so warm and beautiful...


image hosted on flickr

DSC_0647 by Ceva321, on Flickr
.
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0648 by Ceva321, on Flickr


.
Me
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0654 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0653 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0657 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0665 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0664 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0666 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0668 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.


notice glass is going up on the other WTC tower
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0671 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.

eye candy firemen with clueless tourists

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0672 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0670 by Ceva321, on Flickr

.

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0674 by Ceva321, on Flickr


I was very happy to visit this time, it was not for some reason depressing like previous visits, perhaps the warm weather and people enjoying themselves helped...
__________________
Love Is In The Air !


I Love NY

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by TowersNYC; May 30th, 2011 at 01:45 AM.
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:52 AM   #22349
nickp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowersNYC View Post
I was very happy to visit this time, it was not for some reason depressing like previous visits, perhaps the warm weather and people enjoying themselves helped...
Maybe it's because Osama was shot
nickp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #22350
TowersNYC
Carlos V
 
TowersNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,003
Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp View Post
Maybe it's because Osama was shot
__________________
Love Is In The Air !


I Love NY
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #22351
IanG
1 WTC / Tower 1 lover...
 
IanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 252
Likes (Received): 13

Sick...

It just keeps getting higher.
IanG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #22352
Pablobegood
Registered User
 
Pablobegood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paraná, Argentina
Posts: 378
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp View Post
Maybe it's because Osama was shot
Oh yes...terrorism just ended right now
Pablobegood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:18 AM   #22353
bbflow
Cool-ombia!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

Is looking amazing! How many floors still to go?
bbflow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:46 AM   #22354
Northerly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 145
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbflow View Post
Is looking amazing! How many floors still to go?
I know we are here to admire the structures... but it has to be said that the trees in the memorial are amazing. They look like they have been there for years, not weeks!
Northerly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #22355
Rapter
Advanced
 
Rapter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vilnius/ Limerick
Posts: 309
Likes (Received): 26

Great update Carlos, thank you very much
Rapter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #22356
Hardie
Registered User
 
Hardie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Perth
Posts: 360
Likes (Received): 77

Fantastic photo's Carlos!!!!
__________________
Softboy
Hardie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #22357
IanG
1 WTC / Tower 1 lover...
 
IanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 252
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablobegood View Post
Oh yes...terrorism just ended right now
No kidding!

Anyway, hurray for the Tower. I can't wait to see the beacon. Hopefully it will look better than in the videos.
IanG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #22358
steve1young
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 125
Likes (Received): 18

Traynor, Great answer. LOL. Gotcha. Thanks for the response. And, great back!
steve1young no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #22359
rencharles
We will never forget
 
rencharles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 579
Likes (Received): 93

Wow, congratulations on your great pictures Traynor. Surely this afternoon must have been very rewarding, just walking around this beautiful city and around this amazing project.
rencharles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #22360
fabrikausa
Omnia Vincit Amor
 
fabrikausa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Beograd
Posts: 135
Likes (Received): 8

Awesome!
fabrikausa no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu