daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #22501
friendsofthecity

Likes (Received): 690

This last render or rather rendering is superb! I am ruminating on how the blue sky is going to usurp the color after completion.
friendsofthecity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:05 PM   #22502
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

June 3rd..

image hosted on flickr

Highrise by max aka wast on Flickr
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM   #22503
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

June 2nd..

image hosted on flickr

20110602_3207 by GPhace on Flickr
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:50 PM   #22504
toren1776

Likes (Received): 3

Bay Ridge Promenade.
toren1776 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:13 PM   #22505
FCU

Likes (Received): 19

The second webcam of Discovery has changed its viewing angle (the top of 1WTC is now out of view, even if it's still pointed towards all of the site):

[IMG]http://i51.************/140jbyp.jpg[/IMG]
FCU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM   #22506
IanG
1 WTC / Tower 1 lover...

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
To be honest, I kinda like 2 and 3, but I'd rather just have 1 and 4. This render is the best I've seen. 2 and 3 will just cutter up the space.
2's ugly, IMHO. 3 is beautiful. Thank you for commenting.
IanG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM   #22507
WTC 4 Ever

Likes (Received): 0

If I was honest I love tower two, it just doesn't suit its surroundings, I would rather just have 1, 3 and 4 and tower 3 to be built in-between where tower two is and tower 3 is now. Don't get me wrong I do like it just not where it is being placed.

Last edited by WTC 4 Ever; June 3rd, 2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: needed to add more
WTC 4 Ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM   #22508
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Anyone know what the earliest completion is for the entire WTC if all construction is done straight through with no hold ups (ie, towers 2 and 3 are not held up for financing/tenants)?

I assume the whole thing would be built completed within the next 4 or 5 years but wanted to check. Actually, if anyone even has completion dates by building and transit hub that would be great too (again, assuming no delays)

Thanks in advance.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM   #22509
primus20

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
when 1WTC would be alone it would look very bad...

I ♥ NY
primus20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2011, 11:58 PM   #22510
IanG
1 WTC / Tower 1 lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus20 View Post
Relax. It's just a render. It kind of looks like having only the North Tower there...
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #22511
patrick989

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus20 View Post
Looks good to me, better than putting those other ugly eyesores (2 and 3) around it and blocking the view of 1 WTC from the Brooklyn Bridge.
patrick989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #22512
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

I was happy when I thought it was going to be by itself. But I'm fine with the other buildings going up.
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #22513
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2624

I think is way out of proportion.
IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:35 AM   #22514
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
Anyone know what the earliest completion is for the entire WTC if all construction is done straight through with no hold ups (ie, towers 2 and 3 are not held up for financing/tenants)?

I assume the whole thing would be built completed within the next 4 or 5 years but wanted to check. Actually, if anyone even has completion dates by building and transit hub that would be great too (again, assuming no delays)

Thanks in advance.
I would guess probably 2015-2016. Of course if you include the Performing Arts Center and 5WTC, maybe not even till 2018-ish.

9/11 Memorial plaza will finish later this year. The museum in 2012/13. The Vechicle Security Center is supposed to be complete by late 2013.

1WTC and 4WTC will finish in late 2013. Though probably not fully open till 2014. 2 and 3WTC could follow in 2014/15.

The Transportation Hub won't be fully complete till late 2014 or early 2015. After that they'll demolish the temporary PATH entrance at the north side of the WTC site. If the Performing Arts Center gets funded, that'll probably take a couple years. So it might not finish till late 2017 or early 2018.

Then there's the former Deutsche Bank Building site. I can't see anything starting there for a couple more years. A 50 or 60 story tower would take a few years to build.

So altogether, the site may not be fully redeveloped till later this decade. 2018 seems like a best case scenario IMO.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #22515
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

my

Thank God it's Friday!

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0704 by Ceva321, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

DSC_0705 by Ceva321, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0705 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

I Love NY
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #22516
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

I think and always thinked that this hole new world trade center buildings are HORSE SHIT to be honest.
This is not nice buildings what so ever and impressive it's the least I can say. And the most important is that this building are NOT 1776 feet tall it's "only" 1373 feet tall and thats is sheating to me because you can have a building who is 100 feet tall and a pinnacle who is twice the height as the building a nd that doesen't mean that this building automatically is 300 feet tall.
No tear down all this buildings and start over or build two new big and impressive buildings who is twice the height and size as the old ones = tvin towers.

One more thing maybe the most ugly scenery of all is the pools who is a shame to see in downtown manhattan. Is that the answer to honor our beloved who died that tragic day. NO to honor down the answer is the biggest skyscrapers of all time. peace and out
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:57 AM   #22517
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

I Love NY
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:08 AM   #22518
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowersNYC View Post
You can think that but what I meant is that I ADORE I LOVE NY and thats why I want the best for new york and this is not the best I can draw buildings who looks more nicer than this. I want New york to get back to it's charm it used to have but have lost specially in scandinavia because we think that New york is and always should be The capital of the world" and thats why I thinked it's sad that silverstein and Co not build taller bigger and more attractive buildings I thinked the New Yorkers want that also. AMEN.
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #22519
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Most New Yorkers are fine with what we're getting. There will be only supertall project down the line for the city, it doesn't end with the WTC.
Old June 4th, 2011, 03:28 AM   #22520
IanG
1 WTC / Tower 1 lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I think and always thinked that this hole new world trade center buildings are HORSE SHIT to be honest.
This is not nice buildings what so ever and impressive it's the least I can say. And the most important is that this building are NOT 1776 feet tall it's "only" 1373 feet tall and thats is sheating to me because you can have a building who is 100 feet tall and a pinnacle who is twice the height as the building a nd that doesen't mean that this building automatically is 300 feet tall.
No tear down all this buildings and start over or build two new big and impressive buildings who is twice the height and size as the old ones = tvin towers.

One more thing maybe the most ugly scenery of all is the pools who is a shame to see in downtown manhattan. Is that the answer to honor our beloved who died that tragic day. NO to honor down the answer is the biggest skyscrapers of all time. peace and out
Please don't insult the Freedom Tower. It is the closest thing New York has to the North Tower...
The total height of the building will be the same as the North Tower; 1,368. The spire will only be 48 feet taller than the old North Tower antenna, marking the total height of the building as 1,776.

As much as I would love to see new Twins, it is just not going to happen. Twin Freedom Towers would be nice...

It would be the UTTERLY STUPID to waste billions on a project then demolish what you spent the money on, only to spend more money building another project!

Last edited by IanG; June 4th, 2011 at 03:33 AM.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center