daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2007, 09:17 PM   #2281
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

I hate New York. Do I get a cookie?

(Love the architecture, tho. Chi-town, too.)
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #2282
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

New York hates you.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #2283
cincobarrio
Lurker

Likes (Received): 82

al sharpton too
cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #2284
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
New York hates you.
Feels like it every time I go there.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #2285
ElCrioyo
Ed.v.cas.baeZ

Likes (Received): 1668

I think New York Is Clearly the Best City In the United States...In Every Aspect...Thats why many consider it the Capital of the world!so no i think arguing which city is better(CHI-NYC) is nonsense!NYC Top#1
ElCrioyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #2286
nyc2012

Likes (Received): 0

yup nyc is the best city in the world, and in my opinion the orginial Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were the greatest skyscrapers in the world, and i dont think there will ever be a skyscraper or couple of skyscrapers that will ever be as good as they were
nyc2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #2287
BrooklynNYC

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlobalizer View Post
I hate New York. Do I get a cookie?

(Love the architecture, tho. Chi-town, too.)
No, you don't get a cookie you ugly provocative globalizing tool. Do you seek attention that badly? Well you got it big boy. I bet you've never even been to New York, you John Rocker wannabe.
BrooklynNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:27 PM   #2288
BrooklynNYC

Likes (Received): 7

[QUOTE=Carlos123;15281121]

Carlos, how did you get this pic? I'm pretty sure you didn't get on the site, right? If you did, you are the man, if not, it's still a nice shot.
BrooklynNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #2289
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2012 View Post
yup nyc is the best city in the world, and in my opinion the orginial Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were the greatest skyscrapers in the world, and i dont think there will ever be a skyscraper or couple of skyscrapers that will ever be as good as they were
you are totally right
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #2290
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Webcam is back up and like i had said those peices where for a crane now just to the south of 1 WTC They are also digging a huge whole way to the right of the picture and there also seems to be alot more formwork around the 1 WTC core.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #2291
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

September 8th:

image hosted on flickr
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:02 PM   #2292
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvid01 View Post
Webcam is back up ...
You've made my day with that comment
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #2293
Matt08642
Sup?

Likes (Received): 3

Are they gonna stop working for tomorrow, or are they just gonna keep going?

Also, will there be the tribute in light this year, or is the site too cluttered?
Matt08642 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #2294
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt08642 View Post
Are they gonna stop working for tomorrow, or are they just gonna keep going?

Also, will there be the tribute in light this year, or is the site too cluttered?
From my understanding part of the memorial will be in the site and the other part in a park. I don't think they will stop construction completely but it maybe a lighter day than usual. Also the tribute of light was never actually put on the site, it usually was put on some ajoining lot (where goldman sacks is going up I think). So I have no clue where they will put it this year.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:00 AM   #2295
Carlos123
Bionic Boogie

Likes (Received): 24

[QUOTE=BrooklynNYC;15292578]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos123 View Post

Carlos, how did you get this pic? I'm pretty sure you didn't get on the site, right? If you did, you are the man, if not, it's still a nice shot.
I'm still the man no matter what!!

September 11th Memorial Update!!!
NO work will be done tomorrow at the site!

By NEIL GRAVES and LARRY CELONA
September 10, 2007 -- Thousands of New Yorkers are expected to gather at Ground Zero tomorrow to commemorate the sixth anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

This year for the first time the ceremony will not take place in the hallowed footprint of the Twin Towers, but a stone's throw away at Zuccotti Park at Trinity Place and Liberty Street.

Mayor Bloomberg will preside over the ceremony, to begin at 8:40 a.m., with the Brooklyn Youth Chorus singing the national anthem.

There will be four moments of silence - at 8:46, when the first plane hit the north tower; at 9:03, when the second flew into the south tower; at 9:59; when the south tower collapsed and 10:29 when the north tower crumbled.

Throughout the ceremony, 236 first responders will recite the names of the 2,750 victims.

Let's not forget why the FREEDOM TOWER is being built!!!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09102007...11_silence.htm
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #2296
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Thanks for all the recent facts and info Mommie Dearest
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:30 AM   #2297
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_226/wtcworkmaygo.html
W.T.C. work may go round the clock

By Josh Rogers

Downtown Express photos by Elisabeth Robert

Construction at the World Trade Center site Wednesday included work on the train station, above, the underground east-west connector that will lead commuters to the World Financial Center, bottom, the Freedom Tower, below.

Port Authority officials said this week that World Trade Center construction progress is proceeding rapidly but they may have to go to a 24-hour schedule to avoid paying developer Larry Silverstein $300,000 a day in fines if they miss a January deadline.

“As we ramp up the project, [construction work] could be 24 hours a day,” Steve Coleman, a Port spokesperson, said during a press tour and briefing of the W.T.C. site on Wednesday, six days shy of the six-year anniversary of the terror attack.

Over 500 Port employees and contractors are working at the W.T.C. on the memorial, train station, Freedom Tower and “eastern bathtub,” which is needed to build three office towers on Church St. If the bathtub is not finished for the Tower 3 and 4 sites at the south end of Church St. by Jan. 1, the Port will begin paying Silverstein $300,000 a day under the renegotiated long-term lease the two parties signed a year ago.

During a tour of the site in May, Anthony Shorris, the Port’s executive director, said of the Silverstein deadline: “That’s what we lose a lot of sleep over-delivering the site on time.”

One person who has been losing sleep lately is Pat Moore, who lives across the street from the site at 125 Cedar St. Moore said on the Sunday morning after last month’s deadly Deutsche Bank fire, she was jarred awake at 5:45 a.m. as her building shook from the W.T.C. bathtub work across the street. Later in the morning she spoke with Gov. Eliot Spitzer who was right outside her window checking the air monitors and assuring her that everything was safe.

Moore, a Community Board 1 member, said that the early morning work had started about a month before the fire. A Port official had called her a week or two after it began to inform her and her neighbors about the early work and the Silverstein time pressures.

“You know I don’t care,” Moore said. “That’s not my problem.”

More recently, work has been getting started at 7 a.m. “Those two hours make a big difference,” Moore said.

Coleman said this week it’s not clear yet when there could be round the clock work.

This week’s visit to the site revealed visible progress on all four major projects on the site compared to the Downtown Express tour in May.

“We are now finally pumping every piston in the project,” Shorris said Wednesday. He said they are still on schedule to turn over sites 3 and 4 to Silverstein in January, open the train station and part of the memorial plaza in 2009, and the Freedom Tower in 2012.

The train station will cost more than the $2.2. billion originally budgeted, Shorris said. Architect and engineer Santiago Calatrava is now shaving costs off the design through engineering efficiencies, and is not making any major changes to the design, Shorris added. Of all the W.T.C. proposals, Calatrava’s design has probably received the highest raves from residents and critics. Shorris said the final cost will go up, but he won’t know the amount for a few months.

He hopes to keep the memorial costs down. “We’re working on the costs to keep it on budget,” he said. The current estimate to build the memorial block is $768 million.

The Port currently owns the memorial site and the rest of the W.T.C., but at some point, it may transfer the memorial land to the W.T.C. Memorial Foundation in exchange for the Deutsche Bank site and an adjacent parcel, where a vehicle security center, tour bus garage, an office tower for JPMorgan Chase, a Greek Orthodox church and a public plaza are planned.

Early this year, officials hoped to be able to finish dismantling the Deutsche building by the end of this year, in which case the bus garage would not have been finished until two years after tour buses were expected to begin swarming the memorial. The fire has pushed back the Deutsche demolition indefinitely, thus extending the so-called “bus gap” time period.

Shorris said the Port is not thinking of slowing down any work to wait for the garage, but is constantly adjusting the sequencing of construction as new problems arise every day. He likened it to conducting an orchestra. The payoff will come at the end when the construction is finished, he added.

“This thing is moving, “ he said. “It is being conducted and this thing will make great music someday.”

[email protected]
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:35 AM   #2298
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

this has some progress but still slow
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:36 AM   #2299
philvia

Likes (Received): 33

webcam gave some nice hi res pics there for a little bit

philvia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #2300
44p
build the NWTC

Likes (Received): 18

thanks
44p no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center