daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #23061
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

^70th floor, 857' 4" (~261m). The next two floors will reach the perfect octagon floor plate.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #23062
Dave84

Likes (Received): 13

otie you always get hold of some great shots! Who's the chick? lol
Dave84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #23063
gregrc75

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrEeve View Post
Anyone here a fan of long-distance shots like I am?

Some good views of the new WTC would be from the North Shore Towers on the Queens/Nassau line. It's a long-shot from 16 miles away but pre-9/11 it was amazing, and will be again once 1wtc is complete.

Also from the Bayonne Bridge, featured in the movie Godzilla, at a slightly lesser 8 miles away would provide a spectacular view of the new site.
I am also a fan of catching views of skylines from great distances. Living near Boston I have found vantage points of the Boston skyline as far away as 75 miles.
gregrc75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #23064
Optimum1368

Likes (Received): 2

10 more feet and it'll surpass the Beekman ( 8 spruce street), that's the tallest building in LM, right?
Optimum1368 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #23065
westmc9th
NYC=Amazing

Likes (Received): 6

More good news!

Morgan Stanley to World Trade Center?

By Laura Kusisto 6/17 6:23pm

Following a shocker from a couple of weeks back that UBS is considering moving some of its offices from Stamford, Conn., to the World Trade Center (if only for the sake of the social lives of those poor, young traders raking in six-figure salaries) comes another rumor that a major bank is checking out the shiny new towers under way.

A source said that Morgan Stanley, which is in the market for 800,000 square feet, has also kicked around the idea of a move to the World Trade Center site—as sure a sign as any that the center could once again become integral to the country’s finance industry.

Well, not so fast, said another source, who noted that Larry Silverstein is in no hurry to sign tenants right now, preferring to wait until towers two, three and four are closer to completion and he can fetch rents possibly into the triple digits per square foot on the upper floors.

Meanwhile, it was earlier reported that Morgan Stanley was mulling a move to Goldman’s dowager former headquarters at 85 Broad Street, but a source close to the matter said the bank is not negotiating there.

For now, our money is on a renewal at Brookfield’s 1 New York Plaza. It might not have quite the views of its shimmering WTC counterpart, but there’s always been something to be said for the familiar.

A call earlier to Morgan Stanley’s broker, Newmark Knight Frank’s Barry Gosin, was not returned.
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #23066
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

^ Great news!

World Trade Center Plans Evacuation Drill Monday Morning

Quote:
LOWER MANHATTAN — World Trade Center workers will do an evacuation drill Monday morning at 11:30 a.m., the city said in an e-mailed alert.
The Port Authority will use air horns and bullhorns to make the evacuation announcement, but the noise will only be heard below ground, according to the Notify NYC alert. The evacuation applies to the underground levels of One World Trade Center.
Passersby may notice the evacuated workers gathering along Vesey Street.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #23067
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Morgan Stanley would be smart to take the lower floors of Tower 2, or the remainder of Tower 3 if UBS takes the bottom. I'm not sure if Stanley needs the trading floors or not.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #23068
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

[QUOTE=Optimum 1368 10 more feet and it'll surpass the Beekman ( 8 spruce street), that's the tallest building in LM, right?

no there still is the 952 foot tall American International Building and the 927 foot tall 40 wall street .
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #23069
Kurtin

Likes (Received): 114

Bump. From last page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
Some really nice photos coming through.
Kurtin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #23070
sthlm30

Likes (Received): 93

I realy like that one whit those spikes on its roof. It looks like its straight out of a batman movie!
sthlm30 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 09:26 PM   #23071
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

blah blah balh

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0785 by Ceva321, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DSC_0787 by Ceva321, on Flickr

I Love NY

Last edited by TowersNYC; June 20th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #23072
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum1368 View Post
10 more feet and it'll surpass the Beekman ( 8 spruce street), that's the tallest building in LM, right?
No it isn't, there's two buildings in lower manhattan taller than Beekman.
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #23073
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

The American International Building at 952 feet is the tallest in Lower Manhattan. 1WTC will exceed it later this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
no there still is the 952 foot tall American International Building and the 927 foot tall 40 wall street .

Awesome pix btw Carlos!

Last edited by desertpunk; June 20th, 2011 at 10:54 PM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #23074
Optimum1368

Quote:
no there still is the 952 foot tall American International Building and the 927 foot tall 40 wall street
Thanks for correcting me, man. Can't wait to see the skyline once this bad boy is completed. Question; is there to be a WTC 5? And will the Performing Arts Center be called 6 WTC?
Old June 20th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #23075
Roel

Quote:
Thanks for correcting me, man. Can't wait to see the skyline once this bad boy is completed. Question; is there to be a WTC 5? And will the Performing Arts Center be called 6 WTC?
I believe that the site of the former Deutsche Bank / Bankers Trust building was meant for the development of 5 WTC, even though this location was never part of the original trade center, but don't take my word for it.
Roel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:14 AM   #23076
Optimum1368

Quote:
I believe that the site of the former Deutsche Bank / Bankers Trust building was meant for the development of 5 WTC, even though this location was never part of the original trade center, but don't take my word for it.
Ok, yeah I heard about the former Deutsche Building being the site of WTC 5. Apparently it's nothing definite yet. I hope there will be buidlings 5 & 6, as only having 4 World Trade Centers is a big of regression from what was previously there.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:16 AM   #23077
Optimum1368

*a bit of a regression.
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:40 AM   #23078
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Ok, yeah I heard about the former Deutsche Building being the site of WTC 5. Apparently it's nothing definite yet. I hope there will be buidlings 5 & 6, as only having 4 World Trade Centers is a big of regression from what was previously there.
That's just the number of buildings though, it's the size of those buildings that matters. Only 1 and 2 previously had a huge amount of space. As far as I can see, with 5 WTCs now (including 7, and provided 2 and 3 are built) there's got to be way more space in them than just the twins and the lowrise.
Bruce.Tenmile está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2011, 12:48 AM   #23079
Optimum1368

I suppose so. To be honest, I'm not to keen on the designs of 3 wtc and 2 wtc, to me, they don't look right in the skyline. I'm sure 2 wtc will become iconic and be referred to as the 'diamond building' but seeing renders of it, I'm not too sure, 3 wtc looks like a rip off of Chicago's John Hancock Center in my opinion, if they're not built at all, it'll be a disgrace to all those who lost someone on 9/11.
Old June 21st, 2011, 01:46 AM   #23080
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
I suppose so. To be honest, I'm not to keen on the designs of 3 wtc and 2 wtc, to me, they don't look right in the skyline. I'm sure 2 wtc will become iconic and be referred to as the 'diamond building' but seeing renders of it, I'm not too sure, 3 wtc looks like a rip off of Chicago's John Hancock Center in my opinion, if they're not built at all, it'll be a disgrace to all those who lost someone on 9/11.
I don't like the 2 and 3 designs either really. I'm not sure it will be a disgrace to anyone if they're not built. I don't think any relative would make any fuss at all if no new buildings went on the site, including 1WTC, and the whole place was just turned into a huge big memorial. I'd be pretty glad if 2 and 3 weren't built to be honest. Someone posted a render of just 1WTC is the skyline on its own, and I think just it and 4 would be just perfect.
Bruce.Tenmile está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center