daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 24th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #24441
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Okay folks, here is our current diagram. Right now, with 285 meters 1WTC is the third tallest building in NY, just 3 meters taller than the Chrysler Building and just 3 meters shorter than the Bank of America:

[IMG]http://i55.************/29lifif.jpg[/IMG]

Diagram made using the diagram section on skyscraperpage.com.
If your going to do the check list, please do it right. 1WTC isnt taller than the Chrysler building and I know you have a bias against spires. But that doesn't give you the right to decide how tall a building is.

Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #24442
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

you guys should give kanto a break. hes just trying to offer some contributions, albeit questionable ones.
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #24443
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Was new steel erected today I don't know cause a can't find my binoculars.
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #24444
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Using A Computer View Post
you guys should give kanto a break. hes just trying to offer some contributions, albeit questionable ones.
I like seeing the check list. But the way he puts it together, 1WTC will be the tallest building in NYC by next week. People who don't know any better, will think this building over a 1000 feet.
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #24445
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

July 22nd..

image hosted on flickr

tug nyc start of a hot day by undertheturnpike on Flickr
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #24446
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5172

By GreenwichBoy, today.

spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #24447
charles54
ARCHITECT

Likes (Received): 39

wow this tower is really happening the newspapers in Kuwait post updates of the tower every few days
charles54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #24448
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1034

Mind-blowing photos the last two or three pages.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #24449
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Roof height measurement is an official alternate measurement method. Therefore it isn't me "deciding how tall a building is". This measurement method used to be one of CTBUH's methods before November 2009.

But if some of you folks are so interested in spires, I will do a pinnacle height diagram as well. But I need to know in what height the taller crane is to do this. Only then I can make a pinnacle height diagram. Just don't expect me to do a diagram of the primary official height measurement, cause that one is a total nonsense and I refuse to accept it in any way.

Btw, here's a nice pic from WTCprogress:

Last edited by Kanto; July 24th, 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #24450
[{x}]

Likes (Received): 10

I really like the cladding on this one! It kind of gives the whole tower a feel of "high quality" construction, does anyone else get that feeling?
[{x}] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:39 PM   #24451
jhalsey

Likes (Received): 183

Yeah! It's really making an impression on the NY skyline.
jhalsey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #24452
RKOwens4

Likes (Received): 1

In case no one else has clarified this, 1WTC right now is 907 feet tall (if I'm correct that it's now on the 74th floor -- though its hard to keep track). The Chrysler Building is 1050 feet tall (even if you go by its roof height, which is 925 feet, it still hasn't surpassed that). Also, Citigroup Center is 915 feet tall, so no it hasn't surpassed that either (although it's getting close).
RKOwens4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #24453
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens4 View Post
In case no one else has clarified this, 1WTC right now is 907 feet tall (if I'm correct that it's now on the 74th floor -- though its hard to keep track). The Chrysler Building is 1050 feet tall (even if you go by its roof height, which is 925 feet, it still hasn't surpassed that). Also, Citigroup Center is 915 feet tall, so no it hasn't surpassed that either (although it's getting close).
Hey, wait a sec, it isn't 936 feet tall? Somebody talked about a jump to 936 feet a few pages ago? So that jump didn't happen? Well, if this is true I appologize and I'll edit my diagram appropriately to the information you gave me. Thanks
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #24454
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5172

Quote:
Hey, wait a sec, it isn't 936 feet tall? Somebody talked about a jump to 936 feet a few pages ago? So that jump didn't happen? Well, if this is true I appologize and I'll edit my diagram appropriately to the information you gave me. Thanks
It is up to at least floor 74. Which is exactly 906 feet 8 inches high. Add a few more feet for the column splice and its around 910 feet tall at the moment.

They "might" have placed a three story tall column during these last floors. But no picture was definite in my mind.

It's moot though, within the next 24-48 hours we should see levels 75 and 76. That will take it to exactly 933 feet 4 inches in height. Add a few more feet for the column splice and it'll be around 937 feet (roughly).
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #24455
Kanto
Roof height crusader

I appologize for my error in stating the current height of 1WTC. 1WTC is at the moment 276 meters tall. This means that it is now the 5th tallest building in NY and that it needs further 3 meters to beat the Citygroup Center. Here is a diagram detailing the current status of 1WTC:

[IMG]http://i53.************/deycue.jpg[/IMG]
Old July 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #24456
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

next floor jump 1 wtc will be the third tallest building in new york by roof.
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #24457
RKOwens4

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
The actual FLOOR count is up to 74. They may have in the past few days raised the scaffolding around the core up two more levels, which some people(for some godforsaken reason that to this day I still do not understand) count as the building's height increasing by two more floors. However the scaffolding is not part of the final building and should not be considered in the height of the building, anymore than the height of the cranes should be. Personally I consider the height to increase by two floors each time there is a significant amount of columns in place for those two floors, but you should at least wait for there to be at least one structural column in place.
RKOwens4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #24458
Kanto
Roof height crusader

^

I agree with you. The ceiling of the top floor should be consider the building's height. Cranes might only be considered if somebody wants pinnacle height, but I think roof height is what should be measured

Last edited by erbse; July 24th, 2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: unnecessary quote
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #24459
Dominance

Likes (Received): 5

^

Well it does not make sence to count the height of the cranes as the actual height of the building cause is not really part of the building. The cranes are just there the hoist the beams in place. The steel beams are the actual part of the building. Neither is the scafolding. So the real way to measure the real height of the building is by the highest vertical steel beam thats installed to the actual tower structure.

Last edited by erbse; July 24th, 2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: unnecessary quote
Dominance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #24460
Dave84

Likes (Received): 13

This is getting ridiculous, Who care's how tall it is every few seconds or who consider what to be the total height . . not me! Just get some nice new pics up! You new yorkers go out and take some snaps!

Last edited by Dave84; July 24th, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Dave84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center