daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #29741
DinoVabec
Worldwide
 
DinoVabec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 5,900
Likes (Received): 752

I just found this pic of workers putting together an antenna on the North tower..Or whatever they were doing up there.. Look at that view..


http://www.playle.com/playlepics/108919.jpg
__________________
There are two rules for success:
1. Never tell everything you know.
-Roger H. Lincoln
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #29742
cameronpaul
Paris-the city beautiful
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London
Posts: 923
Likes (Received): 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/30...ve-new-office/

New World Trade Center skyscraper becomes world's most expensive new office tower

Published January 30, 2012
| The Wall Street Journal

"The price tag for One World Trade Center, the signature skyscraper under construction at Ground Zero in New York, has risen to more than $3.8 billion, making it by far the world's most expensive new office tower, according to people familiar with the matter.
The new figure, up $700 million from the latest public estimate, marks another twist in the rebuilding of the site of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. The process has been marked by thorny political challenges and ever-lengthening construction delays..."

"...Driving the latest increase: construction-cost overruns and a decision by the Port Authority to now include leasing expenses in its public estimates. Those leasing costs are higher than the Port Authority had privately anticipated, people familiar with the matter said. The higher number is expected to be released as early as this week in an audit by the agency..."
O.M.G. ! All that money and that's all you get. Give me the Chrysler or Empire State any day, at least they have a "real" design
cameronpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #29743
WTCNewYork
Registered User
 
WTCNewYork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 505
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanamerican View Post
Entitled? You can huff and puff all you want, but it's not going to go any faster. Sorry.
Perhaps not, but we are allowed to be upset about the lack of progress if we want to.
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #29744
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5172

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK999 View Post
1WTC:
- World's tallest all office tower
- Tallest tower in the Western heimsphere
- World's most expensive tower
- World's safest tower
- ...
Pingan FC 1 will be all office IIRC. The hotel portion is in the shorter thousand footer. I could be wrong though...

*Edit,

Here's a quote from the first post of Pingan FC, "NORTH TOWER 646m, 115fl - Pure office".

Oh well. 1WTC is still great!
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #29745
Harryx5
Harry
 
Harryx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bogota
Posts: 9,128
Likes (Received): 11057

One World Trade Center is financed by the public sector from tolls ? I understand tolls of NYC were expensive even before September 11. new York has allways been an expensive city to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
People in the New York area who have to pay obscene bridge and tunnel tolls to finance this may think differently.

These cost over runs are unacceptable. Top management of the project should be removed as should some PA officials.
Harryx5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #29746
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryx5 View Post
One World Trade Center is financed by the public sector from tolls ? I understand tolls of NYC were expensive even before September 11. new York has allways been an expensive city to live.
Much of it is being financed by insurance proceeds. The cost overruns and the rest of it are being funded through bonds and the public. The good news is the construction won't last forever, and once tenants start moving in, the PA can recoup part of its cost.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #29747
raider12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 449
Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
People in the New York area who have to pay obscene bridge and tunnel tolls to finance this may think differently.
.
you think $12 to go over the GW is too much?
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:13 AM   #29748
thejacko5
SSC Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 932
Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Much of it is being financed by insurance proceeds. The cost overruns and the rest of it are being funded through bonds and the public. The good news is the construction won't last forever, and once tenants start moving in, the PA can recoup part of its cost.
and then tolls will still go up.
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:17 AM   #29749
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5172

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejacko5 View Post
and then tolls will still go up.
Sadly true. Airports to modernize, bridges to fix, ports to maintain, the list goes on and on.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:17 AM   #29750
patrick989
Registered User
 
patrick989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 301
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanamerican View Post
Entitled? You can huff and puff all you want, but it's not going to go any faster. Sorry.
No shit, Sherlock.
patrick989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 12:29 AM   #29751
ddxv
forests
 
ddxv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 231
Likes (Received): 147

Cool shots of the tower under construction. video of flying 'people' over New York. People are actually RC helicopters.

http://youtu.be/dcDN409ZBv4[/url]
ddxv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 03:31 AM   #29752
600West218
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Sadly true. Airports to modernize, bridges to fix, ports to maintain, the list goes on and on.
Actually, the tolls will go up and the airports won't get modernized, the bridges won't get fixed, etc. They mentioned in the article that these other things were being deferred due to the WTC overruns.

Again, the project leadership that is responsible for budgets that were so far off base need to be removed. I work on construction projects and people get 10% contingencies, period. You go more than 10% over on a few projects and you are history.

Either they get serious and replace this or they admit that the budgets were fake to begin with - that it was all a big bate and switch thing to begin with.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:47 AM   #29753
miudasgu
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 0

I like this project, because this project means a new future to the city of New York, I like the design of the buildings, of the subways stations. http://cutt.us/MZrT
miudasgu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:57 AM   #29754
kingsc
Registered User
 
kingsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,761
Likes (Received): 199

Who gives a **** if the toll goes up. If you don't like it, stay out of the city. Everybody knows the NYNJPA is full of shit, when it comes to everything.
__________________
My site
Entertainmentcove.weebly.com
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:39 AM   #29755
micrip
Registered User
 
micrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,876
Likes (Received): 1051

...well, you would if you had to use those bridges every day. Not everyone who works in Manhattan can afford to live there.
__________________
Baltimore...Propensity for Density
micrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:27 AM   #29756
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5172

More good news... LOL.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...QYqeqbRrVxw5pO

It’s one world-class foul-up at 1 WTC
Last Updated: 12:47 AM, January 31, 2012
By Steve Cuozzo

"The Port Authority is sweatin’ on the dock of the bay. The underground loading dock to 1 World Trade Center, future home of Condé Nast, can’t be finished in time for the media company and other tenants to use the planned 13 cargo bays to move in equipment to build out their space, Realty Check has learned.

As a result, the PA is scrambling to construct a temporary, above-ground loading dock with just five bays. The unexpected change in plans will add “tens of millions” of dollars to the cost of building 1 WTC, sources said.

The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that 1 WTC’s construction cost recently rose by $700 million to $3.8 billion. It wasn’t clear whether the loading-dock change will account for part of the hike or add to it.

The temporary dock also means that workers will need to wheel equipment in and out through a door in the tower’s base, which is being clad in a glass-and-concrete facade. Although the design has yet to be shown, it’s intended as an important aesthetic element of the project and was not supposed to host cargo deliveries..."

"...All involved insist the dock delay won’t interfere with tenants moving into their space by late 2014 or early 2015 — or with leasing the roughly 900,000 square feet that remain up for grabs in the 3.05 million square-foot tower.

“Five bays are enough for everybody,” a source said — which begged the question of why 13 are planned.
Contrary to what’s been expected at all the new WTC towers, the temporary dock won’t connect to the underground Vehicle Security Center that the PA is building just south of the 16-acre WTC site.

Although all vehicles bound for the towers are supposed to be screened for bombs and other terrorist threats at the VSC, the NYPD — which is responsible for security at the WTC in “collaboration” with the PA — is said to have “no objection” to the above-ground dock, a source told us..."

"...The loading dock will be on the tower’s east side. It cannot now be connected to the VSC for a simple reason: the temporary PATH station, immediately east of 1 WTC, stands in the way of the vehicle tunnel route. So one temporary facility begets another.

The route, starting at the VSC, turns east beneath Liberty Street, then north beneath Greenwich Street — and then west through what’s now the temporary PATH terminal toward 1 WTC.

The temporary PATH station can’t be dismantled until the huge, way-behind-schedule Hub is completed — which can’t happen before 2015.

Even after the temporary train station is taken down, the PA still won’t be able to build the underground road from Greenwich Street to 1 WTC until a foundation is installed for the proposed Performing Arts Center, which would stand where the PATH station is now..."

"...it turns out that Chadbourne & Parke — reported in the Times last week as “close to” a deal to move there — has yet to even sign a term sheet. Our sources said the law firm might indeed soon reach a non-binding, preliminary agreement with the PA and Durst for 200,000 square feet. Although a lease might be far off, insiders were optimistic one would be signed because Chadbourne is being squeezed out its current home at 30 Rockefeller Plaza by Deloitte."
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:12 AM   #29757
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5334

Little late, another change in the design of the base.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:18 AM   #29758
Bricken Ridge
Registered User
 
Bricken Ridge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 268
Likes (Received): 15

wtc 1 will have to wait for the other wtc's to play catch up.
Bricken Ridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:55 AM   #29759
kingsc
Registered User
 
kingsc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,761
Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrip View Post
...well, you would if you had to use those bridges every day. Not everyone who works in Manhattan can afford to live there.
Not my problem. It's hard enough finding work out here. And I don't petty the ppl who have jobs in NYC, that don't live here.
__________________
My site
Entertainmentcove.weebly.com
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:43 PM   #29760
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
More good news... LOL.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...QYqeqbRrVxw5pO

It’s one world-class foul-up at 1 WTC
Last Updated: 12:47 AM, January 31, 2012
By Steve Cuozzo

"The Port Authority is sweatin’ on the dock of the bay. The underground loading dock to 1 World Trade Center, future home of Condé Nast, can’t be finished in time for the media company and other tenants to use the planned 13 cargo bays to move in equipment to build out their space, Realty Check has learned.

As a result, the PA is scrambling to construct a temporary, above-ground loading dock with just five bays. The unexpected change in plans will add “tens of millions” of dollars to the cost of building 1 WTC, sources said.

The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that 1 WTC’s construction cost recently rose by $700 million to $3.8 billion. It wasn’t clear whether the loading-dock change will account for part of the hike or add to it.

The temporary dock also means that workers will need to wheel equipment in and out through a door in the tower’s base, which is being clad in a glass-and-concrete facade. Although the design has yet to be shown, it’s intended as an important aesthetic element of the project and was not supposed to host cargo deliveries..."

"...All involved insist the dock delay won’t interfere with tenants moving into their space by late 2014 or early 2015 — or with leasing the roughly 900,000 square feet that remain up for grabs in the 3.05 million square-foot tower.

“Five bays are enough for everybody,” a source said — which begged the question of why 13 are planned.
Contrary to what’s been expected at all the new WTC towers, the temporary dock won’t connect to the underground Vehicle Security Center that the PA is building just south of the 16-acre WTC site.

Although all vehicles bound for the towers are supposed to be screened for bombs and other terrorist threats at the VSC, the NYPD — which is responsible for security at the WTC in “collaboration” with the PA — is said to have “no objection” to the above-ground dock, a source told us..."

"...The loading dock will be on the tower’s east side. It cannot now be connected to the VSC for a simple reason: the temporary PATH station, immediately east of 1 WTC, stands in the way of the vehicle tunnel route. So one temporary facility begets another.

The route, starting at the VSC, turns east beneath Liberty Street, then north beneath Greenwich Street — and then west through what’s now the temporary PATH terminal toward 1 WTC.

The temporary PATH station can’t be dismantled until the huge, way-behind-schedule Hub is completed — which can’t happen before 2015.

Even after the temporary train station is taken down, the PA still won’t be able to build the underground road from Greenwich Street to 1 WTC until a foundation is installed for the proposed Performing Arts Center, which would stand where the PATH station is now..."

"...it turns out that Chadbourne & Parke — reported in the Times last week as “close to” a deal to move there — has yet to even sign a term sheet. Our sources said the law firm might indeed soon reach a non-binding, preliminary agreement with the PA and Durst for 200,000 square feet. Although a lease might be far off, insiders were optimistic one would be signed because Chadbourne is being squeezed out its current home at 30 Rockefeller Plaza by Deloitte."
I just hope that they won't underestimate security with this temporary loading dock. Rather face law suits from an angry Conde Nast than face bombs from angry terrorists
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/

Zaz965 liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu