daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2012, 05:57 PM   #29761
600West218

Likes (Received): 1574

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Who gives a **** if the toll goes up. If you don't like it, stay out of the city. Everybody knows the NYNJPA is full of shit, when it comes to everything.
totally worthless comment. please leave your trolling in Brooklyn. Oh, and I would point out that its a little hypocritical of you given that the East River bridges don't have tolls, but seeing as you probably aren't actually from Brooklyn I guess it isn't fair to expect you to know that.
600West218 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2012, 07:11 PM   #29762
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad
Sapphire

Likes (Received): 6165

NY's One World Trade Centre hits $3.8bn build cost

The construction bill for New York’s One World Trade Centre looks likely to top $3.8bn, more than twice that of the world’s tallest building, Dubai's Burj Khalifa.

According to a report carried by the Wall Street Journal, the price tag for the building has shot up $700m from the latest public estimate, making it the world’s most expensive new office tower.

The report says the price increase is fuelled by construction cost overruns, and a decision by the Port Authority – the company behind the development – to now include leasing expenses in its public estimates.

Construction of the tower is more expensive than traditional tower developments, chiefly because of the additional security costs associated with building the tallest building in North America on a site targeted by terrorists on two separate occasions.

The 542m tower sits atop a 10-storey reinforced windowless concrete podium, while the thick concrete and steel core surrounds the building’s elevator shafts.

By comparison, the world’s tallest tower – the Burj Khalifa in Dubai cost around $1.5bn, while estimates for Jeddah’s yet-to-be-built kilometre-plus high Kingdom Tower are around $1.2bn.

Construction of One World Trade Centre has reached 90 of its 104 storeys. Neighbouring development 4 World Trade Centre, a 72-storey office tower being built by private developer Larry Silverstein, has risen 61 storeys. Both are slated to finish construction at the end of 2013.
Ahmad Rashid Ahmad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:02 PM   #29763
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Hey folks, anybody has a good new pic of 1WTC showing it's top? I want to find comnifmation of the rumors about new steel being present but neither the PA cam nor the earth cam show any new steel
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:48 PM   #29764
jigglysquishy

Likes (Received): 0

There are pictures on SSP than confirm steel
jigglysquishy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM   #29765
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2634

Not only in SSP, a forumer did it 2 pages ago at this thread. Keep eyes wide open.

IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM   #29766
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600West218 View Post
totally worthless comment. please leave your trolling in Brooklyn. Oh, and I would point out that its a little hypocritical of you given that the East River bridges don't have tolls, but seeing as you probably aren't actually from Brooklyn I guess it isn't fair to expect you to know that.
I live in East New York, you should come pay me a visit. And if I had to pay a toll to help rebuild the WTC, I would pay it and then some.
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:04 PM   #29767
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Hey folks, anybody has a good new pic of 1WTC showing it's top? I want to find comnifmation of the rumors about new steel being present but neither the PA cam nor the earth cam show any new steel
Carlos on SSP has posted some pics, steel is clearly visible.
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 10:58 PM   #29768
newhannibal1

Likes (Received): 0

image hosted on flickr

One World Trade Center Construction Progress by RBudhu, on Flickr
newhannibal1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:46 PM   #29769
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

WTCProgress on Twitter

Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 11:55 PM   #29770
JD47

Likes (Received): 306

Tower is looking great.
JD47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:08 AM   #29771
bgdrewsif

Likes (Received): 4

Wow! Just look at the reflective quality of tower 4 in the last picture... You can see across the Hudson and the skyline of Jersey City quite clearly... Beautiful! These new buildings when they are completed (sometime in the mid-22nd century now...) will look vastly better than the dreadful aesthetics of the former WTC complex... towers one and two had their unique charm but buildings 3, 4, 5, and 6 were lifeless.. the new towers 2, 3, and 4 (especially 4 with that almost mirror-like finish) are stunning... (now can we just finish them already?)
bgdrewsif no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:10 AM   #29772
KenfromJersey

Likes (Received): 787

I've lived in JC for about 3 years now, I can't believe it's taken me this long to head down to Exchange Place with my camera and tripod.
image hosted on flickr

Lower Manhattan from Jersey City, NJ by drken10003, on Flickr

Zaz965 liked this post
KenfromJersey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:12 AM   #29773
bgdrewsif

And a quick question i haven't been able to find an answer to... What are the two small buildings to the west of the memorial pools just off the the West Side highway? Are they some sort of support buildings for the Memorial (security check-in maybe) or some type of mechanical support structures? Any answer would be much appreciated as I can't seem to fins info on them anywhere.. Thank you!
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:15 AM   #29774
Chapelo

Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdrewsif View Post
And a quick question i haven't been able to find an answer to... What are the two small buildings to the west of the memorial pools just off the the West Side highway? Are they some sort of support buildings for the Memorial (security check-in maybe) or some type of mechanical support structures? Any answer would be much appreciated as I can't seem to fins info on them anywhere.. Thank you!
They are ventilation structures for the underground portion of the memorial. They remind me (somewhat) of the old 3 WTC (Vista Marriott).
Chapelo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:17 AM   #29775
bgdrewsif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelo View Post
They are ventilation structures for the underground portion of the memorial. They remind me (somewhat) of the old 3 WTC (Vista Marriott).
Thank you, greatly appreciated! (although I was hoping they would be something more interesting like a entrance/security checkpoint center to the memorial or something...)
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:22 AM   #29776
Chapelo

Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdrewsif View Post
towers one and two had their unique charm but buildings 3, 4, 5, and 6 were lifeless..
Building 3 was one of the nicest hotels in NYC and was always packed, hardly what I'd call "lifeless".

The other low-rises were crap though. The site would have been MUCH better if they'd never built 4-6 and left the street grid intact, with the Twins and the Vista on one plot.
Chapelo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:26 AM   #29777
bgdrewsif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelo View Post
Building 3 was one of the nicest hotels in NYC and was always packed, hardly what I'd call "lifeless".

The other low-rises were crap though. The site would have been MUCH better if they'd never built 4-6 and left the street grid intact, with the Twins and the Vista on one plot.
I hope you don't misinterpret my remarks as I am ONLY referring to the exterior aesthetics of the original WTC buildings... I am sure the WTC Mariott was a lovely hotel on the inside, but I have seen a lot of pictures of the outside of it and it was not an inspiring piece of architecture...

source: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-kZI_pSjm9...600/3wtc01.jpg

By the way, the Marriott looks like it was just wedged in only a few feet away from the side of tower 1... That must have been a nice view from those offices in tower one blocked in by that hotel... Did they get a discount for the lack of a view? (or could office workers just peek into the hotel rooms for a free show?)
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:03 AM   #29778
Otie
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli83 View Post
Fantastic diagram, Otie!

From where do you have the information "Bathroom work completed"? Are there more infos available somewhere on the interior progress?
Sorry, Oli, didn't see this. Internal information
Old February 1st, 2012, 04:02 AM   #29779
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

1 wtc glass is coming out nice by the way kanto i heard 432 Park Avenue drake hotel as been approved so i guess that means 1 wtc will be the second tallest building in new york lol .
Old February 1st, 2012, 06:06 AM   #29780
Otie
Researcher

image hosted on flickr

1 World Trade Center by KoVfOtO, on Flickr

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center