daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:18 AM   #31761
IngMarco

Likes (Received): 2629

I'm not American, but watching this thing rise where once was pure destruction make me feel proud of you guys, seriously congratulations and well done USA.

Excuse the emotional comment
IngMarco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:25 AM   #31762
LegionOfDo

Likes (Received): 0

Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
This was incredibly great. Clearly I don't post much, but had to give you props for posting that. And if you compiled it, then you are doubly amazing. Thank you!
LegionOfDo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:54 AM   #31763
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiller9 View Post
fair point, things have been slow lately and the months are moving quickly. regardless though, dates dont mean anything to this tower, its already representitive enough in itself. it will be done when its done.
January and February, construction was stalled. High Winds made it dangerous for construction workers to work and there was some sort of problem with the steel company that was manufacturing the steel. So construction was at a standstill.

By mid-March, the weather had improved and the steel company's problems were sorted out and work began. In two months, they added 3 more mechanical floors (92, 93 and 100).

It takes an average of 1 week per floor for office floors and 2 weeks per floor for mechanical floors. And in 6 weeks by May 1st, they had finished work on the 3 Mechanical floors and now they are starting to work on 3 Observation floors and after which remains 3 more Mechanical Floors.

Not sure how long it will take for the Observation floors. I am assuming the same length of time as the Office Floors. So the 3 Observation floors can be completed in 3 weeks.

The remaining 3 Mechanical floors will take another 6 weeks to finish.

So another 9 weeks before One World Trade Center tops.

I assume it will be topped off by early July.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:59 AM   #31764
fooddude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
Its not that easy man. Not to mention the fact that 2 wtc is a larger 400 meter building while 4 wtc is a smaller 298 meter building. Don't expect to see 2 WTC for a long time, and possibly never...

Of course we would all love to see 2WTC, but it's not about what we want, it's about what NYC needs, and their isn't enough money to build something that isn't needed right now.
I was kinda kidding, lol... heck, since "maybe never", then we can cross our fingers and maybe they'll do a total redesign of it in the further future, maybe the year 2020+, and it'll be a 2000ft+ tower.. weeee!

They gotta do something with that empty space. It just will never look right. I honestly think it still looks weird if all 4 wtc's were already built with that huge GAP in the skyline where the perf arts center is gonna be.
fooddude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM   #31765
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
I was kinda kidding, lol... heck, since "maybe never", then we can cross our fingers and maybe they'll do a total redesign of it in the further future, maybe the year 2020+, and it'll be a 2000ft+ tower.. weeee!

They gotta do something with that empty space. It just will never look right. I honestly think it still looks weird if all 4 wtc's were already built with that huge GAP in the skyline where the perf arts center is gonna be.
It all has to do with market demand, if there is demand, they will build it.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:30 AM   #31766
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3633

After the old WTC camedown that Millennium Hilton does enjoys a pitch perfect view of the Hudson River.
Maybe they wish that Richard Rogers tower will never rise.

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM   #31767
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3095

Great to see 1 WTC has climbed to be the tallest building in New York....again.
PS...looking back over the past few pages think the pic of the Enterprise on the back of a 747 over New York Harbor will join pics over many era's of New York's history. The new WTC reaching high, a moment in time.
In the past it was Airships, Planes or Ocean Liners............all part of New Yorks marvellous history.
New York just keeps adding chapters to an amazing story...........
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:44 PM   #31768
Jongeheer

Likes (Received): 217

amen!
Jongeheer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:10 PM   #31769
Valkyre

Likes (Received): 87

That is a fantastic milestone for 1WTC! An amazing building and congradulations to every worker out there making this happen.

By the way do we have anything new concerning the antenna design? The more the building comes closer to toping out the more I am afraid that the whole issue with the antenna is going to mess up the whole building's look.

The original idea with the antenna shown in most renders and pictures is PERFECT for the building. If they make it a thin antenna like we were hearing lately it is going to mess it up....

so any news regarding this?
Valkyre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM   #31770
bizkid78

Likes (Received): 0

Its a great achievement, and its Beautiful. I Miss the old towers though...
bizkid78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:05 PM   #31771
poiman

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoDude View Post
i dont mean to offend anyone but i hate the fact people are still calling it the Freedom Tower. i think it bothers me because its almost like a 'we're asking for it' type of thing, and the media only perpetuates it. When you think about it, One World Trade Center is a much better and appropriate name for our country and what we believe in. Its not just an address, think about the connotation, mainly 'One World.' One World seems so much more welcoming, worldly, non-instigating, title. considering what happened over a decade ago and the fact that NYC is often regarded as the capital of the world, 'One World Trade Center' is a perfect name (imo of course)
Dude, I liked your post! So far I thought that "One World Trade Center" was too ordinary when compared to "Freedom Tower" and because of that I never liked or understood the change. Now I see that I was reading it like "One, World Trade Center" but if you read it like "One World, Trade Center" it makes a lot more sence and yes, it has a lot of meaning. I like it. Thanks
poiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:19 PM   #31772
cyberurban
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

I hope they will build something on two squares. Sorry for my illustrations.

cyberurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:42 PM   #31773
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

So many mentally ill folks on this website.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:17 PM   #31774
raider12

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
So many mentally ill folks on this website.
hahahahhahha, truly. How to take a beautiful futuristic picture of the NYC skyline and make it look like a piece of crap. I have to think he isnt serious and is just trolling, but in any event, he needs about 10 of these
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:20 PM   #31775
Mercenary

There is no way something that tall will ever be build on Manhattan. It will ruin the skyline and those mega-tall structures will stick out like a sore thumb. The max height for Manhattan will be about 2,000 feet.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:25 PM   #31776
Kopacz

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberurban View Post
And how about we just leave the place alone ? There are tons of sites/buildings that could be perfect placements for new skyscrapers. If people die somewhere, you don't slap a building over the site, but a cemetery or at least something similar to pay respect for the dead.
Kopacz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM   #31777
cyberurban
BANNED

Will they bury you at your home when you die? And Will your home be new cemetery?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:01 PM   #31778
cyberurban
BANNED

Oh no, I don't want my home to be able to change into ceremony when I die. The most emperors want too.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:03 PM   #31779
Mercenary

Quote:
Oh no, I don't want my home to be able to change into ceremony when I die.
Bro, you have 58 posts.

Keep up this nonsense and you will get banned before you hit 75 posts
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:10 PM   #31780
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:

The Chicago spire would have looked great in Chicago, but what is this ridiculous joke of a picture you made ? It has two spires and one of them is like 2000 meters... i mean... just why ?
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center