daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #3161
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Hey children, please take your bull**** elsewhere.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #3162
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

helghast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM   #3163
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

moderators, can someone delete this thread and we start a new one pls?!
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:16 AM   #3164
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 170

i agree. its time.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #3165
koolkid

Likes (Received): 133

People try to contribute to this thread with great photos but everyone else seems too busy arguing. Thank you to all those that helped enrich this thread.

Congradulations to all you stupid baby cries and whiners who successfully managed to screw up the thread.
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #3166
nygirl

Likes (Received): 430

First and definetly foremost: SkyPeru thank you for contributing to the thread. Your pictures are quality and it is an absolute breath of fresh air to come into this thread and actually see pictures, updates, and information pertaining to the construction of the World Trade Center.

Now to the gentleman that asked if I was on crack.

Well, I've never been asked if I smoked crack on this forum so congradulations you are my first. I realize 'good vibes' may have been a bit flakey but you are new here so let me fill you in. Out of all the Supertall threads posted up here at Skyscrapercity.com this thread seems to be one of few, if not the only one that gets destroyed due to some people utterly trashing it and instigating fights.
The thing is Vertigo600, this is a construction thread. This discussion should not stray into political bullshit. But quite often some Nationalistic POS comes in here and stirs the pot.. It sucks when you sign in and see that there are new comments and maybe updates and you click on the thread and then.......
You get to see Talb's articles on how 'non democratically' this design was 'chosen' or how it will 'surely' stall because of the smallest infractions on the duetsh bank site ( how many warnings does he get?) or issues that aren't even updated. The best is how it is a copy of a building that takes on a whole new shape at different angles and has a damn hole in it's roof.
So yeah this thread does get to the point where a mod has to come in here and at best mass delete posts or worse close it down to start over because too many posts need to be deleted.
You are new and you just may not understand the history of this construction thread. I should be able to click on it and see updates, likes/ dis likes, constructive criticism, or relevant articles. Instead I get to read about how terrible the country that I live in is, or greek history, or how it is not tall enough when it reaches the original height, or how we missed out on becoming 'great again' as if we somehow still are not. The the spire trolls come in and stir the pot.. and it goes on and on and on..

I do believe that a while back the Moderators warned that the next person to come in here and post about all the above said was getting automatically banned.. what happened to that? This is still going on.. in the 5th or 6th Wtc thread since the one I started

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
nygirl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:39 AM   #3167
germantower
i ♥ NY

Should we already start a new one? Or wait for the moderators?
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:44 AM   #3168
mudvayneimn
Evry City Nds a Blk Box!

Likes (Received): 17

This thread is F.I.E.R.C.E! So much is going on, it's amazing. While I really wish this would all just end, it is really entertaining to see just how looney a lot of people can get over certain things. I'm all for stating opinions but, there's a limit to everything (like once every 10 pages when it's the same thought ). I'm so glad to see progress on the FT commence, no matter what the design. I look at it this way, the current design is so much better than what was previously designed. When bringing the design down to basics, it's pretty much what used to be there, with the exception of it being clad in all glass, and a 200ft concrete base. Yeah it has a pretty big spire, but so what? The previous had a large antenna (albeit shorter). I'm incredibly happy that something is going in at the site, and it's a plus that it's not the original plan for the NWTC.

Anyway, I haven't been able to check earthcam, has anything new that's very visible taken place today?
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #3169
ElVoltageDR
Happy to be here

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl View Post
The thing is Vertigo600, this is a construction thread. This discussion should not stray into political bullshit. But quite often some Nationalistic POS comes in here and stirs the pot.. It sucks when you sign in and see that there are new comments and maybe updates and you click on the thread and then.......
This is really the biggest problem. It isn't the only thread that suffers from this, but it happens way to frequently in this thread. Like I said a few times already, if someone has a problem with America and it's politics then go to the Skybar section and let it all out, but not here.
ElVoltageDR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:49 AM   #3170
germantower
i ♥ NY

A question to the construction. When can we expect that the core is above street level? This year?

On the pics it looks like it rise.

BTW i am satisfied thet they will build a WTC like this i thought they would build 4 200m towers and thats it.......but theese are 4 supertalls cramped on a relatively small area plus GS and 99 church street + 50 west street...this will look so cool.
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:56 AM   #3171
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!

Likes (Received): 808

I hope that happens this year. At the time i visited the site, what seems t be the core, is almost at street level.

PD: thx for your words nygirl, let me exhort everybody here to get into the main topic of the thread, is it really hard to do so? Com´on !

Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:58 AM   #3172
germantower
i ♥ NY

cool...is there still the visitors platform?
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #3173
nygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by germantower View Post
Should we already start a new one? Or wait for the moderators?
No man I'm tired of having new ones started over a couple of idiots messes. I hate having to refer back to a previous World Trade Center thread. This crap needs to be settled by the folks in charge. Come through on that warning. You gave it fair and square and it has been reiterated by some of us here more than once when someone forgets about it. I was told to settle down with TalB at one point in here and I did. They got tired of making new threads when they weren't needed and people were just told to obey the rules or suffer the consequences. So when does this thread stop getting crapped on with non relevant BS, and spire trolls ? ?

I hope theres just some posts deleted because I like the fact that this particular thread has all the best updates.

NAKED NEW YORK: A complete tour of New York City, 5 boroughs and immediate Metro: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2202
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #3174
deez

Likes (Received): 2

there should be twin freedom towers
the name freedom tower is corny
the to roof height should be 1776

the reason for all this repetition is b/c there ain't a damn thing to talk about.
still have 2 tower cranes around a 70 foot hole. it's obvious we're all bored
out of our minds with the molasses progress. and YES IT HAS BEEN SLOW. don't give me 'it's complicated b/c of blah blah...', we know this is a massive project--doesn't change the fact that it is taking fordamnever. So long that we all get hard-ons when they drop in 4 new pieces of visible steel.
deez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #3175
germantower
i ♥ NY

deez you are right about how much time it took until first visible progress, but dont start again the roof height/spire twin FTs discussion.

PPPLLLLSSS
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #3176
LoKeY

Likes (Received): 26

the roof height would of 1776 would look extremely ridiculous there... u can't just stick anything anywhere, it's just stupid... Btw don't u have mods here?

Nova Gorica - Slovenija
LoKeY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:26 AM   #3177
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave_canem View Post
the roof height would of 1776 would look extremely ridiculous there... u can't just stick anything anywhere, it's just stupid... Btw don't u have mods here?
If I'm not mistaken, the final design chosen was actually one of the shortest ones in terms of roof height. I wouldn't be surprised if cost of construction came into play.
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #3178
nygirl

Skyperu, no problem those really were good shots.

Old November 17th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #3179
harryc

Likes (Received): 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyperu34 View Post
Your friend, moderator and forumer SkyPeru34, appreciating this great project under construction !
Barbed wire on the fence ?!? And I though Chicago had some hard core building fans.

Great photos.

“War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.”

--Niko Bellic

Last edited by harryc; November 17th, 2007 at 03:05 AM.
harryc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 03:05 AM   #3180
helghast

Likes (Received): 147

it might be for terrorist
helghast no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center