daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 7th, 2012, 02:09 AM   #31941
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaarkson View Post
This poster is utterly clueless. Do you know how many supertalls will be U/C in NYC by the end of this decade? I'll give you a hint: more than any city in China.

But in the end, who cares? The city is eons ahead of other "supertall" cities around the world in livability and desirability. No other city is building supertall residentials on market demand alone.
Supertalls? I don't care about supertalls, N.Y could have 100 of supertalls but ZERO megatalls. Megatalls is the NEW supertalls era and people around the world will talk about Megatalls and look at supertalls as something small. Wait and see
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #31942
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by k25150 View Post
NYC or the US doesn't have to prove anything unlike other developing cities and nations who only care about artificial status. Let the Arabs show off with their 2000 ft scrapers using the West's oil money and the commies in China can do the same with American money. That's right. America is developing China. We build based on economic common sense not to prove we have bigger dicks.

Like someone else said, there are many supertalls planned for NYC. There are trillions of dollars on the sidelines in America waiting for our buffoon president to take a hike. Don't worry yourself too much about NY falling behind

Okay when I think about it in that perspective you have absolutely RIGHT You live where I want to live and many swedes want to live there so all of you know much more about New York then I do.

When I think about it more and more You say very good things, about that N.Y is an icon and the asian countries are booming now and maybe later it will be just a ghost town with empty buildings. New York will rule. But Hey who can blame "the carzy nut swede"

I was wrong you were right...but I still DEMAND ONE Megatall scraper ok good thanks

New York RULES and she has ruled a long time now and still going STRONG
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:23 AM   #31943
fooddude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

Another iconic reason or name for a 2000'+ Megatall besides Penn-plaza or Penn-station on 34st, could maybe be Grand Central Tower over on 42nd... afterall, Penn-Station and Grand Central are the 2 biggest transpo hubs in nyc. hehehe

I say fock it, lol.... don't stop at a measly 2000'...might as well make it a 2500-3000' tower to be up to date with all the eastern hemisphere's towers, and also give Chicago a hard time to ever catch up. Their sights are on 2000'.. might as well make ours a 2500' and put the nail in the coffin.

Last edited by fooddude; May 7th, 2012 at 03:34 AM.
fooddude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #31944
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
Cant wait until the 103 floor steel beams is put up its going to be the first vertical steel beams can't wait to see how that looks .
What do you mean "first" vertical steel beams..? they have been lifting vertical beams since the beginning!
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 03:55 AM   #31945
Hindustani

Likes (Received): 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am he View Post
I would say London is capital of the world although I do love NYC
London isnt even the capital of western europe. Its a new millinium. NYC is the only real financial, political, power capital of the world.

London may have been what it was by only till WWII, what NYC did in last 50 yrs is to set itself up.

London is now measured with Mumbai & Beijing, more like 3rd tier financial capitals.

New York is truly "the" capital of the world in every sense. The size, the scope, the economic importance, the "political" importance (UN building), the cultural importance & entertainment importance.

Tier 2 capitals would be. Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo.

Tier 3 capitals would be. London, Paris, Dubai, Beijing, Mumbai etc etc.
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #31946
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
What do you mean "first" vertical steel beams..? they have been lifting vertical beams since the beginning!
I meant when the beams are going to make 1 wtc box out like the original twins.
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:36 AM   #31947
UjaiDidida
Ruzaini Roosfa

Location: Kuala Lumpur Currently in: Johor Bahru From: Bandar Baru Bangi Favourite Food: Nasi Lemak
Likes (Received): 1813

Yesterday

image hosted on flickr

Skyline/WTC by WayneCorp, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

skyline by WayneCorp, on Flickr
UjaiDidida no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 04:55 AM   #31948
yankee fan for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach0512 View Post
The old wrc is pretty impressive, but, I love the new one, I think the old one was (taller)
1 wtc will be exactly the same size as the north tower of the twins by roof and 1 wtc will be 50 ft taller than the north tower by pinnacle by the north towers antenna.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:08 AM   #31949
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Bracketing London with Mumbai is a bit harsh.
When we brits refer to it as a shithole we don't actually mean it's covered in the stuff.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:15 AM   #31950
Arawooho

Likes (Received): 68

hahaha
Arawooho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #31951
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
Another iconic reason or name for a 2000'+ Megatall besides Penn-plaza or Penn-station on 34st, could maybe be Grand Central Tower over on 42nd... afterall, Penn-Station and Grand Central are the 2 biggest transpo hubs in nyc. hehehe

I say fock it, lol.... don't stop at a measly 2000'...might as well make it a 2500-3000' tower to be up to date with all the eastern hemisphere's towers, and also give Chicago a hard time to ever catch up. Their sights are on 2000'.. might as well make ours a 2500' and put the nail in the coffin.
So much wrong, in one post. There is no need for a building like this, NYC won't have a mega tall for atleast a decade or two, probably longer.

Quote:
Their sights are on 2000'.. might as well make ours a 2500' and put the nail in the coffin.
Yeah thats great, lets conquer America's other great skyscraper city

This isn't about conquering other cities, it's about progressing, and building an amazing skyline.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #31952
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Delete

Last edited by iloveclassicrock7; May 7th, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old May 7th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #31953
SJM

Likes (Received): 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
To think the way you think you have already lost. You must go outside your box and travel to Asia and the arabian countries to see what I am seeing. Look at shanghai, Doha, Dubai, Tokyo and seouls visions for the next decade and see what they are planning to build then you will understand that other cities are catching in to N.Y.C and thats BAD. So stop imagine that N.Y is unthreatened. The competion will never stop you don't take it easy you work hard to be on top all the time
You seriously need to calm down a bit, your thinking makes no sense. Of course i know what other cities are building, i have traveled and we have something called the internet. Why would you say that NYC is threatened and in trouble of becoming inferior to other cities building super/mega talls? You act like tall shiny toys determine superpower status in the world. News flash, we can build those buildings anytime we want, but we choose to build upon necessity, not just to show whose got the bigger dick.
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #31954
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Thread needs cleaning.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #31955
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
Thread needs cleaning.
That is partially my fault, I was trying to show that guy how wrong his statement was, but I probably should have just let it be.

Now back to 1 WTC. Does anyone know when the next height jump will be ?
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #31956
patrick989

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
That is partially my fault, I was trying to show that guy how wrong his statement was, but I probably should have just let it be.

Now back to 1 WTC. Does anyone know when the next height jump will be ?
Partially your fault? Did you see how friggin big that chart was that you posted?

I wish we'd all ignore trolls when they post stupid shit that has nothing to do with 1WTC.

Last edited by patrick989; May 7th, 2012 at 09:43 AM.
patrick989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #31957
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick989 View Post
Partially your fault? Did you see how friggin big that chart was that you posted?

I wish we'd all ignore trolls when they post stupid shit that has nothing to do with 1WTC.
I will just delete it.
Old May 7th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #31958
yankee fan for life

I think 1 wtc next jump should bring it about 1,293 but, i am still hoping they will go for it and bring 1 wtc to 1,313.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #31959
Philly Bud
City Of Brotherly Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
Their will be a 2000 footer one day here in the states just hope it will new york or Chicago, i will kill my self if it is another place in the U.S but hopfuly it will be new york .
We're supposed to get a 1510 foot supertall here in Philly called the American Commerce Center ... but even though the lot is fenced off (it being used for parking at the moment) and the project has all the approvals required by city, county, and state authorities; the ground has not been broken.
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #31960
Cardamomun
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

wow almost done
Cardamomun no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center