daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #32041
JD47

Likes (Received): 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am he View Post
Nothing like going to Wembley for a final, And loads of americans watch and support british teams! I was shocked i had no idea!
Nothing better then a day out in Wembley but my team lost there on Saturday and it was heartbreaking. Back on topic the tower is looking good.
JD47 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #32042
NY87

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am he View Post
Yeah I agree with that (except rome, rome id like a gamma city)

The thing for me was I always found sport in NYC to be rather dull...There was no proper football! haha I find american football and baseball to be absolutely poor...Nothing like going to Wembley for a final, And loads of americans watch and support british teams! I was shocked i had no idea!
I don't know how much of the world can get so excited about football (the kind played with a foot) that they riot. And murder their goalkeepers for losing. (Escobar?, Colombia) The game is simply too hard.

Look at basketball, and how much scoring it has.
Baseball and American football has less scoring but at least a lot of stuff is happening, and it's progressing to the goal of scoring. Look at football (soccer) you can run to the other side of the field in like 10 seconds. Then what?, you will never score. Never ever, ever, ever score. Each time you get to the other side of the field you will fail. Every time a penalty is made it never works (besides the rare kick from like 7 yards). They have no other way of penalizing you for fouling so they futiliy let you go for a 0.02% chance of scoring what must be a very valuable goal. Shows what chance they have of scoring on a regular shot (must be like 0.005%) And 2-0 is an insurmountable lead. Who wants to watch such a pessimistic game?Offsides rule, how can you be off your own side, this is not American football, where you have to stay on your own side, but soccer where you can run where ever you freaking want, how can you be off of your side (team)? How can you like soccer btw when you like cricket, and their scores are like 278-222?

Go Yankees!
NY87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:19 PM   #32043
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

This forum is very off topic
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #32044
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

A new row of glass has started! The chamfered sides are now fully wider than the straight sides.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #32045
NewYorkSkyline117

Well if that's true, then the glass is approximately 915 feet high about the height of the Citigroup Center. and where did you see this anyway? Earth Cam shows only those couple panes on the South Side which isn't new
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #32046
patrick989

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
This forum is very off topic
Isn't it ridiculous? Just a week ago it was kind of dead, but on-topic. Now it's overly-active and very off-topic, even with repeated reminders from the moderator. Oh well
patrick989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #32047
NewYorkSkyline117

Yea but you guys post much more than SSP....it was soo boring waiting for updates over there so I came here
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #32048
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Quote:
Well if that's true, then the glass is approximately 915 feet high about the height of the Citigroup Center. and where did you see this anyway? Earth Cam shows only those couple panes on the South Side which isn't new
The East side with the elevator in the center shows a brand new row of glass starting.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #32049
NewYorkSkyline117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
The East side with the elevator in the center shows a brand new row of glass starting.
oh i meant the east side whoops, yea the new row on earth cam isn't brand new
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #32050
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5174

Quote:
Okay what about the glass, anyone have an estimate when it should reach the roof? And do the mechanical floors have taller glass panels? If someone could answer those that would be great
There are about 30 levels left. If they do a floor a week it should take about 7 months. I'd say by the end of the year they should reach the roof.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #32051
chrisnmaddy

Likes (Received): 0

My vacation to new york city

Hi there

Ive made a video of my stay in new york city, and thought i would like to share it with you guys.
Im proud of it, but would be nice to see what the locals think!!

The link is below!

Hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDiO302-wH0
chrisnmaddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #32052
NewYorkSkyline117

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
There are about 30 levels left. If they do a floor a week it should take about 7 months. I'd say by the end of the year they should reach the roof.
Oh okay thanks
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #32053
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Won't they start rising quicker once work on the steel and the core is finished?
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #32054
isdmd10

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life
That would be the best. The half-mile long line that typically exists at shake shack can now be vertical.
isdmd10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:50 AM   #32055
patrick989

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
Won't they start rising quicker once work on the steel and the core is finished?
There was a period of time last a few weeks back where it seemed like the curtain wall progress was moving pretty rapidly, a little more than a floor per week. So maybe they have the ability to move at a faster rate sometimes.
patrick989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #32056
spectre000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I wouldn't think so. Besides they can't get ahead of the concrete pouring for the core, floors, and fireproofing.

There really isn't a need to enclose the upper floors any quicker than they're already doing at the moment.

If they finish all the glass at the end of the year, that'll leave all of 2013 to finish building out the interior. Plenty of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick989 View Post
There was a period of time last a few weeks back where it seemed like the curtain wall progress was moving pretty rapidly, a little more than a floor per week. So maybe they have the ability to move at a faster rate sometimes.
Probably playing catch up for all the time lost to bad winds. I hope the pace continues, but kind of doubt it.
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #32057
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY87 View Post
I don't know how much of the world can get so excited about football (the kind played with a foot) that they riot. And murder their goalkeepers for losing. (Escobar?, Colombia) The game is simply too hard.

Look at basketball, and how much scoring it has.
Baseball and American football has less scoring but at least a lot of stuff is happening, and it's progressing to the goal of scoring. Look at football (soccer) you can run to the other side of the field in like 10 seconds. Then what?, you will never score. Never ever, ever, ever score. Each time you get to the other side of the field you will fail. Every time a penalty is made it never works (besides the rare kick from like 7 yards). They have no other way of penalizing you for fouling so they futiliy let you go for a 0.02% chance of scoring what must be a very valuable goal. Shows what chance they have of scoring on a regular shot (must be like 0.005%) And 2-0 is an insurmountable lead. Who wants to watch such a pessimistic game?Offsides rule, how can you be off your own side, this is not American football, where you have to stay on your own side, but soccer where you can run where ever you freaking want, how can you be off of your side (team)? How can you like soccer btw when you like cricket, and their scores are like 278-222?

Go Yankees!
I know this is way off topic but this is a classic.
Football is one of those funny games where teams don't score every time they get the ball. You need a longer attention span than a goldfish to appreciate it.
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #32058
NewYorkSkyline117

How do you know the glass won't rise quicker once topped off? Besides, the concrete isn't even that far behind and why can't you fireproof with window panes?
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:03 AM   #32059
spectre000

Quote:
How do you know the glass won't rise quicker once topped off? Besides, the concrete isn't even that far behind and why can't you fireproof with window panes?
I'm merely making an educated guess.

I don't know the exact specifics why they don't fireproof at the same time they install the glass. But I would presume they just do not want any of the chemicals landing on the glass while there spraying the foam or whatever it is all over the place.
Old May 9th, 2012, 02:04 AM   #32060
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Yea but you guys post much more than SSP....it was soo boring waiting for updates over there so I came here
You got banned from SSP.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center