daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #32981
Rockmont

Likes (Received): 29

I've said, metaphorically that, one thing the spire would be good for, aside from its obvious purpose, would be to skewer bin laden with it. Now that, the son-of-a-bitch is dead, they should have used his dead body as an example, that if anybody tries anything funny, such as another attack, they will be skewered alive.

Last edited by Rockmont; May 18th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Rockmont no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #32982
Jongeheer

Likes (Received): 217

Okay, **** this tower. I'll rather miss the whole construction if it means sifting through heaps of your guys crap to get to something meaningful. Unsubscribed from now. Have fun wasting your worthless time on this planet, in this thread!
Jongeheer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #32983
FlyFish

Likes (Received): 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongeheer View Post
Okay, **** this tower. I'll rather miss the whole construction if it means sifting through heaps of your guys crap to get to something meaningful. Unsubscribed from now. Have fun wasting your worthless time on this planet, in this thread!
Is the cursing necessary?

No, it isn't. It doesn't make you sound grown up or intelligent. Thank you.
FlyFish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #32984
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Like I said before, go ahead and leave because chances are, you will be back here commenting here within the hour. You haven't been in the forum before, so I idk why you're acting like you've been facing a ton of bs
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #32985
Jongeheer

Skyline, I've been here longer than you have. Ghosting in the international forums, but a regular contributor to my local one. I wasn't aiming for intelligent, nor grown up. I was aiming for people like you guys realizing what complete waste of oxygen they are. And that they should go find a job or a hobby. So that we can follow the construction of this beautiful tower. I mean it. If you are so concerned about the way people see America, New York, Americans,... you are not really doing a great job. So please, I - along with the other ghosters - BEG of you to stop this waste of everybody's time. Thank you.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #32986
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
This really is pretty sad, I'm mortified to think that this will only be the third tallest even though the towers in Chicago were built long ago, and meanwhile they had all the time to plan this one. I'm mortified to think that 432 Park Avenue will have the title
It won't even be the 3rd tallest, it will be the 4th. But it's going to miss being the WTB by only 1,000 feet.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #32987
Rockmont

Likes (Received): 29

OK, now wait a minute. I have been cheering on the progress of this tower, and am glad it is almost topped out. I myself was not happy about the changes, initially about the spire, just for cost cutting, but I have also said, time and again that, the spire, in terms of the height of the building does not count. The building will be topped out when it reaches rooftop level. Not when the spire is built. That whole symbol of 1776 feet, is stupid. The spire will not be accesible to public, unlike the one on the Empire State Building. All it's for is TV transmission. I also thought the name 'Freedom Tower' was rather cheesy and silly. Yes there are too many complaints about the spire, but until. The best result is that the rooftop is the same height as the originals, and there are so many complaints about other countries building taller towers. That has nothing to do with 9/11. The spire doesn't count. I wish all these media morons would stop using the top of the spire as a topping out point instead of the rooftop. It is on the brink of reaching rooftop level, and that's when top-out will occur. Not when the spire is finished!
Rockmont no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #32988
marsh

Likes (Received): 25

Exactly. The topping out is when the steel reaches roof level, plain and simple. The antenna is just window dressing. Not part of the main structure at all.
marsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #32989
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

Guys, does NO ONE of you think outside of the box?

IF they build the redesigned spire, they can still replace it some years later. The whole complex wont stay as it is forever and will be renovated after a couple of years.

Just some senseful thoughts.
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #32990
marsh

Likes (Received): 25

So what if 1WTC won't be the tallest in the US? It will be as tall as the Twins were. The World Trade Center isn't the only game in town either. 432 Park is u/c, and Hudson Yards, and probably more proposals yet to come. New York WILL capture the title from Chicago again it's only a matter of time. New York has far more proposed supertalls than Chicago too it seems.
marsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #32991
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

1 wtc will be the third tallest to the 1,389 foot Trump International Hotel Tower.
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #32992
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
So what if 1WTC won't be the tallest in the US? It will be as tall as the Twins were. The World Trade Center isn't the only game in town either. 432 Park is u/c, and Hudson Yards, and probably more proposals yet to come. New York WILL capture the title from Chicago again it's only a matter of time. New York has far more proposed supertalls than Chicago too it seems.
The new 1wtc will be 2 meters taller then the south tower, hooray

Is it so important that wtc will be tallest in the country, It woud'nt be tallest so long the roof height is at the same height as the twins were.

In 2050 1wtc will be the average joe building in N.Y.C hopefully.
I think the whole complex was wrong planned from the start. But YOU all know what I wanted know I'm sure. I hope someday in the near future before 2030 N.Y. will have a Megatall building. I know there are built based on demand and I HOPE that there is a demand for it in the near future. New York is growing right and thats GOOD very GOOD

Last edited by Tommy Boy; May 18th, 2012 at 01:12 AM.
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #32993
NewYorkSkyline117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jongeheer View Post
Skyline, I've been here longer than you have. Ghosting in the international forums, but a regular contributor to my local one. I wasn't aiming for intelligent, nor grown up. I was aiming for people like you guys realizing what complete waste of oxygen they are. And that they should go find a job or a hobby. So that we can follow the construction of this beautiful tower. I mean it. If you are so concerned about the way people see America, New York, Americans,... you are not really doing a great job. So please, I - along with the other ghosters - BEG of you to stop this waste of everybody's time. Thank you.
Yea I've been observing this forum too, but whatever it doesn't really matter, that was a stupid statement on my part. But I know, this is really annoying. they should make a separate thread for the spire alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
It won't even be the 3rd tallest, it will be the 4th. But it's going to miss being the WTB by only 1,000 feet.
What's the third then? 432 Park Avenue has ways to go before surpassing this one. I know it isn't even close to being the tallest in the world
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #32994
NewYorkSkyline117

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post

Exactly. The topping out is when the steel reaches roof level, plain and simple. The antenna is just window dressing. Not part of the main structure at all.
I agree with the window dressing lol...topping out is when the last piece of steel is put into place, not when the first steel is raised at 1,374 feet
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #32995
NYBOY1975
BANNED

Likes (Received): 95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp4fT...1&feature=plcp
NYBOY1975 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM   #32996
NewYorkSkyline117

Anyways, here are some shots I took from 30 miles out from the city. Feedback would be nice

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old May 18th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #32997
Jongeheer

Now see, that is more like it!

Like the first shot
Old May 18th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #32998
NewYorkSkyline117

Old May 18th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #32999
whd13b

Likes (Received): 24

Guys..just ignore these morons cursing, ranting and raving about what should and shouldn't be the topic for discussion. As long as the conversation is World Trade Center based, than it's open for discussion. No response to simple minded people is the best response.
whd13b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:21 AM   #33000
CF221

Likes (Received): 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Just a bunch of guys who can't deal with change.
Just a person who cannot fathom respecting everybody else's opinion, but his and his alone.

For the record, a huge majority of the people who pass by here think the new spire SUCKS.

You are the very tiny minority with no architectural taste that still supports this catastrophe.

Maybe you are also the very tiny minority who maybe lives in or near NY, so, happily for the rest of us, only you will have to bear seeing that failed excuse of an "antenna" that greedy idiots have placed on New York City's tallest tower.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center