daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #33061
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Oh please don't you know your boundaries, that doesn't benefit the situation in any way
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #33062
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
Well you see this is the problem. I wouldn't tell this is antenna. And it is definitively architectural part of the building (included in designs) so they will probably count it.
Quote:
And it is definitively architectural part of the building
How ? There have been tons of buildings where they had the antennae in the designs, and didn't count it. The Architect of this, has said it's not supposed to look like this. If they count this, they need to count all antennae's.

I don't go by their architectural height anyways, just saying, if they go against their own rules, and count it, they lose all credibility in my mind.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #33063
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Oh God. That's horrific.
So I guess this means a mega tall wouldn't work in NYC.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #33064
Sarcasticity
Lost in the Big Apple

Likes (Received): 106

If it were going to be 1776 at roof height, the other towers would've needed adjustments as well. The tower looks like a sore thumb. The towers are they are right now complement each other. Sometimes people just don't see that. Only in America you complain of a supertall. The Philippines would gladly take this if you guys dont want it

Filipino working in NYC
Sarcasticity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #33065
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasticity View Post
If it were going to be 1776 at roof height, the other towers would've needed adjustments as well. The tower looks like a sore thumb. The towers are they are right now complement each other. Sometimes people just don't see that. Only in America you complain of a supertall. The Philippines would gladly take this if you guys dont want it
I just did some photo editing, to show people what it would look like, not saying I support it.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #33066
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
How ? There have been tons of buildings where they had the antennae in the designs, and didn't count it. The Architect of this, has said it's not supposed to look like this. If they count this, they need to count all antennae's.

I don't go by their architectural height anyways, just saying, if they go against their own rules, and count it, they lose all credibility in my mind.
But is it actually antenna? As I understand transmission equipment will be only attached to the transmission platform (the round thing). And if so then for what else reason they will install this stick if not for architecture one (or for additional height obviously).
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #33067
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

What are all these stupid update pictures doing in my spire forum??
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #33068
Ondro
Veteran of the meme war

Likes (Received): 908

Quote:
Well you see this is the problem. I wouldn't tell this is antenna. And it is definitively architectural part of the building (included in designs) so they will probably count it.
In my opinion, if the spire/antenna is over 20m tall, it should not be counted to the height. Because there are buildings that have up to 150m tall spires and they are unjustly in TOP lists. Because if the criteria are like this, I will build a 10m tall 3 storey house for me, with 850m "architectural" spire on it. And it will be the new tallest skyscraper.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #33069
patrykus

I'm not talking here now what should and what shouldn't be count. We have thread for this HERE. In 1wtc it is offtopic. I just said that if it isn't antenna (and it looks like it) then it will be count.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #33070
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
But is it actually antenna? As I understand transmission equipment will be only attached to the transmission platform (the round thing). And if so then for what else reason they will install this stick if not for architecture one (or for additional height obviously).
This type of talk is the reason I think this measurement is stupid. You say well the transmission equipment is only attached to the bottom. So basically, an antennae doesn't count because it has a greater cause then a spire.

It's like the CTBUH say" Oh yeah, that spire definitely counts" then the architect says, "we are going to add some equipment to the spire" then the CTBUH says, " Oh, well then that stops everything, we can't count it now, it gives people better signals, so now it's not part of the building" See how stupid this all sounds ?
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #33071
patrykus

read above post

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #33072
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
read above post
I was talking in a general sense, I know what you said above.
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #33073
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

I support taller buildings in N.Y. The same height in buildings are not attractive the diversity is. To have a mixture in different heights are very attractive. Taller buildings in New York would be a big profit to New York City.
Megatall buildings could be a start for a new pioneer engineering in America. I would love to see an MADE IN USA MEGATALL BUILDING. The architecture, aesthetics and so on.

I believe and hope that we'll see it sooner than expected. Skyscraper Race back to America YES WE CAN
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #33074
patrykus

Quote:
I was talking in a general sense, I know what you said above.
I also said we have thread for this discussion

Old May 19th, 2012, 01:56 AM   #33075
Jay

Likes (Received): 1865

Quote:
So I guess this means a mega tall wouldn't work in NYC.
it might have to be a different location and design for it to work.
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #33076
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
I support taller buildings in N.Y. The same height in buildings are not attractive the diversity is. To have a mixture in different heights are very attractive. Taller buildings in New York would be a big profit to New York City.
Megatall buildings could be a start for a new pioneer engineering in America. I would love to see an MADE IN USA MEGATALL BUILDING. The architecture, aesthetics and so on.

I believe and hope that we'll see it sooner than expected. Skyscraper Race back to America YES WE CAN
I can understand wanting a 500m to maybe 600m building. But after that it's just a **** measuring contest. Anything over 450 meters looks very out of place in NYC. Especially a 600m building. I also fear that we are starting to get too off topic.
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:24 AM   #33077
Tommy Boy
MEGATALLS for AMERICA

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
I can understand wanting a 500m to maybe 600m building. But after that it's just a **** measuring contest. Anything over 450 meters looks very out of place in NYC. Especially a 600m building. I also fear that we are starting to get too off topic.

First "off topic" sorry...

But you have to start somewhere. If all would think as you do ESB, the twins, chrysler building and so on wouldn't be built in the first place.

To build higher and higher is something that fits into the skyline. Have a bunch of 200-400 meters tall buildings as today will probably be 400-800 meter tall buildings in 50 years perhaps. I know this is off topic. so excuse me there, thanks

Great photo editing of the wtc by the way very nice, love it

Last edited by Tommy Boy; May 19th, 2012 at 03:37 AM.
Tommy Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #33078
k25150

Likes (Received): 419

Quote:
I just did some photo editing, to show people what it would look like, not saying I support it.
Love it. Nice job man.
k25150 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:43 AM   #33079
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

I took pictures of the tower from a distance at sunset, there was an intense razor of red on the edge of the tower where it tapers. Simply amazing......I'll post them soon
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #33080
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF221 View Post
My iPhone auto corrected it.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center