daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 28th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #321
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

I am happy to hear that WTC will get rebuild. I love the design of Freedom Tower and the rest of the complex. I still prefer orginal twin towers... I understand that we have to move on with new WTC complex.

Highcliff liked this post
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #322
-Corey-
Je suis tout ā vous

Likes (Received): 5224

Since Feb 2006 i guess.

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:43 AM   #323
THERENNAISSANCEMAN
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

JUKEBOX CITY

well now , its seems like the Americans have finally made their statement after the 911 tragedy : ITs BUSINESS AS USUAL , THIS IS NEW YORK ! to begin with , the design solution for ground zero hardly memorialized what tragic events transpired last Sept. 11 , 001 . all the designer can think of is coming up with two empty holes in the ground with nothing immediately coming to mind with regard to the thousands of innocent lives snuffed while still others are unaccounted for . the Japanese managed to preserve the scars of their carnage in Hiroshima by keeping the bombed-out remains of their church . the Yanks do it American - style ....turn a hallowed ground into JUKEBOX CITY. now this is THE REAL TRAGEDY after the TRAGEDY....of Shakespearean proportions.
THERENNAISSANCEMAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #324
depressio
Lime and limpid green

Likes (Received): 15

You don't have to come see it.
And you don't have to grossly overuse those smilies either.

depressio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #325
TowersNYC
Carlos V

Likes (Received): 16

hey THERENNAISSANCEMAN

^ the americans??? HARDLY...those designs were not chosen by the "Americans" but by a small committee of political *******s....I guess you don't know the whole story behind the desings!! Most new Yorkers hate that final design....including that terrible :Freedom Tower" name...yuk

I Love NY

TowersNYC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #326
tobyas333

Likes (Received): 16

something is happening there, perhaps we can see a construction crane next week?

tobyas333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #327
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

New Yorkers dont like the name or the design. We want our twins back, period. Regardless, something has to go up and this is what we got, got it? now please just shut the **** up.

over at WNY Vengineer has all the inside info on the tower. as stated awhile ago, the design for the roof and spire is still being done, and this is what Vengineer came up with.

"I looked thru the spire schematics to address londonlawyer's question... and theres a drawing that shows a new design for the base of the spire with the annotation: "new ring". I haven't checked up on this project in a while and its dated december of last year. Maybe this is a new design.

I like this base alot. The change is nothing drastic but the inward angle of the ring accentuates the angles of the tower. Everythings going in the same direction now. It looks like a round nozzle... like that of a jet... no longer a retarded donut.

I also like the cable-stayed look of the support cables. There are numerous cables zig zagged giving it a solid yet transparent look of a continuous ascending spire. You guys should see the lighting equipment they're planning on mounting on this thing. Looks like they're going forward with the light show. "

Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #328
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowersNYC View Post
hey THERENNAISSANCEMAN

^ the americans??? HARDLY...those designs were not chosen by the "Americans" but by a small committee of political *******s....I guess you don't know the whole story behind the desings!! Most new Yorkers hate that final design....including that terrible :Freedom Tower" name...yuk
I am glad you know much about the process as I do Carlos. I was at pretty much of all the hearings since they have started, and many of them, including myself, have mentioned on wanting the Twins rebuilt. After Libeskind brought his plan, it was actually the most hated according to Imagine NY, which would determine the finalsts by the LMDC. As a matter fact, hardly anyone spoke in favor of the FT, which was Gardens of the World then. I would like to be lying, but I attended those hearings myself. It lost against THINKS WCC, though neither won, but Pataki overridden his own group to declare Libeskind the winner. I was even at the Winter Garden myself holding up a printout of what was the real winner, which was neither, and when Pataki saw it, he just walked away from me, while Alex Garvin claimed it was irrelevant despite the fact that Pataki made the decision over his. After that, Pataki gave it the name he personally wanted. I know some have been calling me pessimistic, but I am actually being realistic here. I am just telling it as it is and went through. The FT is an example of a scandal and backroom decisions.

TalB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:04 PM   #329
rogerick1970
BANNED

Likes (Received): 62

Will there be parking underneath the tower?

rogerick1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:11 AM   #330
FastFerrari
I double dog dare you!!!

Likes (Received): 32

Cant wait till the Freedom Tower is complete. Its still 2011 right? Surprised they havent had a fued over that too. From design to money its a rock start to the towers birth. Y hasnt any attention gone to 7 WT? I mean they built that in 2 seconds in construction terms. Wat about the other buildings? I cant find any ground breaking time or completion times. I hope since contruction has resumed after a STRIKE?!?!? that its still on time.

FastFerrari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:04 AM   #331
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Cant wait till the Freedom Tower is complete. Its still 2011 right? Surprised they havent had a fued over that too. From design to money its a rock start to the towers birth. Y hasnt any attention gone to 7 WT? I mean they built that in 2 seconds in construction terms. Wat about the other buildings? I cant find any ground breaking time or completion times. I hope since contruction has resumed after a STRIKE?!?!? that its still on time.
The other towers are dependant on the finishing of the slurry wall on the site. As of right now Maki's tower is the one that will go up first (4 WTC i think). The slurry wall will be finished in mid 2008 I believe.

ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:14 AM   #332
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladisimo View Post
when did they start this thing? it seems like its been forever...
yeah it has been forever, was it every straighted out about the beams being in the wrong place ?

megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 03:50 AM   #333
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

The LMDC website took down their webcams of the WTC site, which means that there are now no more live cams to look at. Why would they do such a thing? I live in a different part of the city and wish they put that HD cam back up.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:20 AM   #334
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
The LMDC website took down their webcams of the WTC site, which means that there are now no more live cams to look at. Why would they do such a thing? I live in a different part of the city and wish they put that HD cam back up.
Yuck. I guess this means that updates will be few and far apart.

ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:58 PM   #335
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6533

hopefully the HD-Cam will work again soon, but i don't belive

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM   #336
CrazyAboutCities

If cams aren't working... Why not anyone here who lives in NYC or near to it make an effort to take pictures just for all of us?

Old March 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM   #337
Spooky873
BANNED

Likes (Received): 64

the same shit is being shown in every pic.
Spooky873 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2007, 09:05 PM   #338
CrazyAboutCities

That sucks

Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:18 AM   #339
LosAngelesMetroBoy

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky873 View Post
the same shit is being shown in every pic.
The 5 columns standing out of the tub.... i would like to see some other images, but thats all we got for a while (unfortunally)

LosAngelesMetroBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 12:55 PM   #340
depressio
Lime and limpid green

Likes (Received): 15

No new images probably because nothing worth noting has happened . . . everything is still backed up in the bureaucracy somewhere. :-(

depressio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center