daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 4th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #36001
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

I saw a completed Freedom Tower on the Revolution commercial for the Olympics
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:59 AM   #36002
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

^I didn't see the One World Trade Center in it.I've checked on the video plenty times,but their is a scene in which a structure looks like the One World Trade Center.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bszWJKzi8us
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #36003
billgates

Likes (Received): 225

Is the interior steel up to the roof completed?
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #36004
Informative

Likes (Received): 69

Fun Fact:

In Madagascar 3 the Manhattan skyline originally didn’t have the new World Trade Center—a DreamWorker from New York City who had just been down to that area was awestruck by the partially completed building and asked that it be put in to show the amazing architecture.

Informative no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #36005
VictorBND

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePointWest View Post
^I didn't see the One World Trade Center in it.I've checked on the video plenty times,but their is a scene in which a structure looks like the One World Trade Center.

I think it is in second 0:18... I really didn't saw it the first time 'til I saw it full of vegatation and almost destroyed... Hope this never happens...
VictorBND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #36006
Skyscrapers144
RISING HIGH

Likes (Received): 1023

For those of you who think this tower is almost done, then you are incorrect. First of all they havent installed all the beams that will finish this tower. Second, they havent finished putting all the glass to the whole tower; theres only about 2/3 of the glass installed. Not to mention theres also the glass thats going on the base. That isnt finished either. Then the spire comes. So as you can see this tower isnt going to be finish anytime soon. I think the estimates are right and that this tower WILL be finished in 2013.

You should follow me on...
Twitter
Instagram
Tumblr
Skyscrapers144 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #36007
PMadFlyer

Likes (Received): 371

SSP post# 25499
page 1275
by alan88
Quote:
DCM is is scheduled to work this Sat & Sunday. Still need to build 80 foot tall dog houses above the roof for the cranes to jump up into so roof can be poured this fall, so plenty of work left this summer.
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...3628&page=1275
I don't know what policy is on this forum about quoting other forums, but this is certainly worthwhile information, worth citing
I assume that by dog houses he means that the core steel will penetrate the roof allowing the cranes to be positioned above the level of the rings to lift the cooling towers and rings into place after the concrete is poured below. In pictures the current core steel has splices on the top of the columns, which themselves have very large flange thicknesses. I hope I'm right in my assumption as it would be an interesting sight to see the two Favco rigs floating above the parapet until fall.
PMadFlyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #36008
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorBND View Post
I think it is in second 0:18... I really didn't saw it the first time 'til I saw it full of vegatation and almost destroyed... Hope this never happens...
Naw,at first I thought it was but if you look closely it's actually a factory with a red and white pole which releases most of the exhaust and chemicals.

Last edited by OnePointWest; August 4th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #36009
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapers144
For those of you who think this tower is almost done, then you are incorrect. First of all they havent installed all the beams that will finish this tower. Second, they havent finished putting all the glass to the whole tower; theres only about 2/3 of the glass installed. Not to mention theres also the glass thats going on the base. That isnt finished either. Then the spire comes. So as you can see this tower isnt going to be finish anytime soon. I think the estimates are right and that this tower WILL be finished in 2013.
I think people are aware. They're exited for the top out. And personally in exited for the cladding to reach these top.
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #36010
CNTower246810
Call me TKD

Likes (Received): 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapers144 View Post
Nobody assumed it was almost done, and its not a spire anymore since the radome enclosure was taken off.
CNTower246810 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #36011
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapers144 View Post
Where are you making these generalizations and assumptions from? We are well aware of that. We're just happy that after 6 years we can fiannly call it topped out.
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #36012
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNTower246810 View Post
Nobody assumed it was almost done, and its not a spire anymore since the radome enclosure was taken off.
As of now it is consider an antenna / mast.
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #36013
MontanaGuy

Likes (Received): 51

yankee fan for life wrote:
Quote:
As of now it is consider an antenna / mast.
That's right, and as an antenna it shouldn't be considered as part of the total height. As I've said before I'm going to be really irritated if they bend the rules for just this building so it can have a height of 1776. In any case, it really is looking beautiful and it will really get interesting when they finally start cladding the base.
MontanaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #36014
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yankee fan for life wrote:

That's right, and as an antenna it shouldn't be considered as part of the total height. As I've said before I'm going to be really irritated if they bend the rules for just this building so it can have a height of 1776. In any case, it really is looking beautiful and it will really get interesting when they finally start cladding the base.
You see their is problem on what definition on what to consider 1wtc mast, its not truly an antenna since its part of wtc structural design and not and add on,but its not and spire because of its lack of structured,and broadcasting use.
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #36015
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:

Oh no, that's easily One World Trade Center
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #36016
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

No it's not.
Quote:
Naw,at first I thought it was but if you look closely it's actually a factory with a red and white pole which releases most of the exhaust and chemicals.
Old August 4th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #36017
Enigmatism415

Likes (Received): 169

Even if they had built the spire in its originally conceived form, I would still consider the building's height marked by the parapet, although *technically* marked by the spire.
Enigmatism415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #36018
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMadFlyer View Post
SSP post# 25499
page 1275
by alan88 http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...3628&page=1275
I don't know what policy is on this forum about quoting other forums, but this is certainly worthwhile information, worth citing
I assume that by dog houses he means that the core steel will penetrate the roof allowing the cranes to be positioned above the level of the rings to lift the cooling towers and rings into place after the concrete is poured below. In pictures the current core steel has splices on the top of the columns, which themselves have very large flange thicknesses. I hope I'm right in my assumption as it would be an interesting sight to see the two Favco rigs floating above the parapet until fall.
Looks like I'm not the only one recording every interesting post.

image hosted on flickr

top tower 5 by alan1493, on Flickr
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #36019
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
Looks like I'm not the only one recording every interesting post.

image hosted on flickr

top tower 5 by alan1493, on Flickr
it looks like the north rig has actually repositioned in this rendering.
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #36020
PMadFlyer

Likes (Received): 371

Never in a million years would I have guessed that there would be a platform that large on the roof. I guess the cranes will tie into the temp structures and rise high enough to install the spire/antenna. I also just realized that in my model the cooling towers are way too low to the roof compared to this diagram.
PMadFlyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center