daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:28 AM   #36721
Nordschleife
Registered User
 
Nordschleife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Shanghai/New York
Posts: 1,053
Likes (Received): 713

Taken today.








Last edited by Nordschleife; August 31st, 2012 at 04:50 AM.
Nordschleife no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:13 AM   #36722
Gouken
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 15
Likes (Received): 1

great photos!
Gouken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:21 AM   #36723
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis
 
OnePointWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York,New York
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 1128

The tower looks massive.
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:32 AM   #36724
Mercenary
Registered User
 
Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,782
Likes (Received): 201

Here is the order in which things will be completed at Ground Zero:

1 - 7 WTC in 2006
2 - 9/11 Memorial in 2011
3 - 4 WTC in 2013
4 - 9/11 Museum in 2013
5 - Vehicular Hub in 2014
6 - 1 WTC in 2014
7 - Transit Hub in 2015
8 - 3 WTC in 2016
9 - Performance Arts Center in 2018
10 - 2 WTC in 2019
11 - 5 WTC in 2020
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:26 AM   #36725
micrip
Registered User
 
micrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 3,875
Likes (Received): 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
crad ? that's a character form space invaders,you must be young.
...not young! I knew it looked familiar!
__________________
Baltimore...Propensity for Density
micrip está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:43 PM   #36726
RobertWalpole
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,607
Likes (Received): 2508

It's amazing how tall this tower is compared to Goldman and 1 WFC, which, at 229m, would be among the tallest towers in most cities.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:15 PM   #36727
pablord
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 673
Likes (Received): 217

As somone add the dates for the projects , WTC 2 is planed to be finish by 2019 ?? That tower will give the best touch on the skyline after WTC 1 . Beautifull pictures
pablord no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:39 PM   #36728
meh_cd
Registered User
 
meh_cd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 874
Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablord View Post
As somone add the dates for the projects , WTC 2 is planed to be finish by 2019 ?? That tower will give the best touch on the skyline after WTC 1 . Beautifull pictures
No, the person you are referring to is what they call "full of it."
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:46 PM   #36729
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx
 
Hudson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 9,528
Likes (Received): 22566

that timeline's actually beginning to seem more and more realistic... 3 WTC is built to the podium, assuming it gets the go-ahead before 2013, it can be built in 2 years and ready for occupancy in 4.
But for 2 WTC, a 2019 completion seems late. Even if it doesn't get the go ahead before 2015, most of the underground work is finished so it will rise pretty quickly as well. 2018 at the latest.
5 WTC definitely won't be built for awhile.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:35 PM   #36730
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

5WTC is not going to happen in this decade and maybe that is only good cause the canceled design and height were completely underwhelming. I think the distance between the completion of 2WTC and 3WTC will be rather big, I expect it to be about 3 years, but all this is only my speculation
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:41 PM   #36731
Mercenary
Registered User
 
Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,782
Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post
that timeline's actually beginning to seem more and more realistic... 3 WTC is built to the podium, assuming it gets the go-ahead before 2013, it can be built in 2 years and ready for occupancy in 4.
But for 2 WTC, a 2019 completion seems late. Even if it doesn't get the go ahead before 2015, most of the underground work is finished so it will rise pretty quickly as well. 2018 at the latest.
5 WTC definitely won't be built for awhile.
Silverstein has till Fall 2013 to find a tenant for 3 WTC otherwise the construction will stop. So I am pretty sure they will especially with many companies sitting on the fence until the election to look for more space. So give it 3 years and it will be ready so 2016 is when 3 WTC will be completed.

For 2 WTC, it will take longer to build as its a lot higher than 3 WTC. And until 3 WTC is 60% leased, 2 WTC won't be greenlight.

I am thinking that once the Transit Hub is built, its only then that more companies will converge in that area looking for office space.

So given the Transit Hub will open in 2015, it will be until 2016 when construction will begin on 2 WTC, so give it 3 years to finish, so 2019.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:31 PM   #36732
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

In my opinion 3WTC will most probably be finished even earlier than the Transportation Hub. I have a strong suspicion that it will never go on hold
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:26 PM   #36733
Mercenary
Registered User
 
Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,782
Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
In my opinion 3WTC will most probably be finished even earlier than the Transportation Hub. I have a strong suspicion that it will never go on hold
They still have a year's worth of work on the podium.

Its only in the Fall of 2013 will they decide to build above the 9 story podium or halt construction until a tenant is found.

I am pretty sure by Fall 2013 a tenant will be found.

So from that date, it will be until Fall 2015 until the building is topped out and maybe Summer/Fall 2016 when its ready for occupancy.

Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:33 PM   #36734
Kanto
Roof height crusader
 
Kanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: S-4, Papoose Lake
Posts: 5,925
Likes (Received): 3546

According to the latest progress news they indeed plan to not continue 3WTC at the moment, so considering this news I think you're most probably right and it might take longer than I previously expected
__________________
The Outbreak: A free browser online strategy game. Build up your town and compete with other towns economicaly and militarily.
http://www.the-outbreak.com/
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:47 PM   #36735
Mercenary
Registered User
 
Mercenary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,782
Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
According to the latest progress news they indeed plan to not continue 3WTC at the moment, so considering this news I think you're most probably right and it might take longer than I previously expected
Yup, and every and new tenants that are found will be sent to 3 WTC until its fully leased.

I am thinking once the Transport Hub opens in 2015, and especially after the elections in 2016 that new tenants for 2 WTC will be found.

So I give it 2 years to top out and one year to finish. So it will be 2019 until 2 WTC finishes.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:32 AM   #36736
PowerOfLondon
Registered User
 
PowerOfLondon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 524
Likes (Received): 219

would anyone support another tower with the same design as this one just without the antenna and placed diagonally beside it like how it used to be? seeing as this is being built its incredibly unlikely and always was really that the twin towers would be rebuilt how they were so would anyone like another of these or would it just not work?
PowerOfLondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 12:38 AM   #36737
nyarch21
Registered User
 
nyarch21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 476
Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOfLondon
would anyone support another tower with the same design as this one just without the antenna and placed diagonally beside it like how it used to be? seeing as this is being built its incredibly unlikely and always was really that the twin towers would be rebuilt how they were so would anyone like another of these or would it just not work?
It's possible but it's just out of the question. I think a lot of people would've been fine with just rebuilding the way it was. And then there were those who wanted it bigger and better than before. Do to the tapering though IMO this would be a very ugly twin tower. I like it the way it is. I think for the most part that what they're building is awesome. To bad they can't leave the original design alone -.-
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM   #36738
deadhead262
Registered User
 
deadhead262's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cape town
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 223

Its quite stunning to think that in just 11 days it will be 11yrs since 9/11. I remember it clear as day. We must never forget that day.
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM   #36739
Davidsam52
Registered User
 
Davidsam52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarch21 View Post
It's possible but it's just out of the question. I think a lot of people would've been fine with just rebuilding the way it was. And then there were those who wanted it bigger and better than before. Do to the tapering though IMO this would be a very ugly twin tower. I like it the way it is. I think for the most part that what they're building is awesome. To bad they can't leave the original design alone -.-
No, it's really NOT possible at this point. All the sub-grade work is now in place so there would have to be a major demolition of brand-new work for it to be even conceivable. Better chance of snow falling in Miami again than of that happenning.
Davidsam52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:59 AM   #36740
nyarch21
Registered User
 
nyarch21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 476
Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsam52

No, it's really NOT possible at this point. All the sub-grade work is now in place so there would have to be a major demolition of brand-new work for it to be even conceivable. Better chance of snow falling in Miami again than of that happenning.
It being possible has nothing to do with the probability of it. It is possible. Will it happen? No
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu