daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #36821
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

I agree.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:31 AM   #36822
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Probably. I can see this being a whole lot taller than it is an still working well.
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #36823
Xorcist

Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
What are you talking about when completed 1 wtc will be the third tallest building in the world,so he has a right to call 1wtc a monster, but only for a short limited of time, and even so it will still be at the top 7 tallest buildings in the world for some time.
sure it will, but we donīt talk about "mine is bigger than yours", of course it will be one of the tallest buildings in the world - for a short limit of time!!!!!!!. iīve never said something else. i just said itīs still an antenna, nothing else.... and i respect that...(hell, guess how tall the buildings are here in europe???....ridiculous...but itīs funny with that american pride...and again..."mine is.... ")
Xorcist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #36824
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

Most of us wish 1 wtc was taller, but their will be plenty of other opportunities in the future to build taller either here in New York or Chicago.

Last edited by yankee fan for life; September 4th, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #36825
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
sure it will, but we donīt talk about "mine is bigger than yours", of course it will be one of the tallest buildings in the world - for a short limit of time!!!!!!!. iīve never said something else. i just said itīs still an antenna, nothing else.... and i respect that...(hell, guess how tall the buildings are here in europe???....ridiculous...but itīs funny with that american pride...and again..."mine is.... ")
actually you said
Quote:
"why? itīs just a
spire....the whole structural construction is almost done and it is nice... .....and itīs not a monster... just a building, compared to some others in the world, itīs even not that high at all, so calm down. itīs a nice addition to the new york skyline...congratulations!"
its just a building-actually its not just a building, it represents a grave site for 3000 people, so have some respect.

compared to some others in the world-last time i checked you just said europe doesn't get buildings this tall, so compared to european buildings, it is a monster.

its not that high at all- even tho you just said of course it will be one of the tallest in the world.

I'd like to see berlin get something like this.
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #36826
Xorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
actually you said

its just a building-actually its not just a building, it represents a grave site for 3000 people, so have some respect.

compared to some others in the world-last time i checked you just said europe doesn't get buildings this tall, so compared to european buildings, it is a monster.

its not that high at all- even tho you just said of course it will be one of the tallest in the world.

actually NOT the building is representing a grave site, but the fountains, with all the names. they show the original locations of the buildings, where 2.749 victims from all over the world died. so show some respect and learn to know at least the correct site of the two towers, hell, there is a memorial and a museum.

and SURE it is a monster compared to any european building (so far) and i never said anything else...or...what? just said compared to the world...lalalalalalaaaaaa.....and in a few years....btw...after...some thousand years of history we still decided not to build something that high...donīt ask me why, i donīt know it...and...i donīt care. as i said...antenna...structural is done...blahhhh

Last edited by Xorcist; September 4th, 2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #36827
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
actually NOT the building is representing a grave site, but the fountains, with all the names. they show the original locations of the buildings, where 2.749 victims from all over the world died. so show some respect and learn to know at least the correct site of the two towers, hell, there is a memorial and a museum.

and SURE it is a monster compared to any european building (so far) and i never said anything else...or...what? just said compared to the world...lalalalalalaaaaaa.....and in a few years....btw...after...some thousand years of history we still decided not to build something that high...donīt ask me why, i donīt know it...and...i donīt care. as i said...antenna...structural is done...blahhhh
so your saying the entire construction site wasn't based off of remembering the victims? really? i obviously know where the 2 towers used to stand considering ive been there before dumbass, and are you drunk or something why are you saying lalalala or blahhh after a statement, i could tell your not mentally here.
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #36828
nyarch21

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist

and SURE it is a monster compared to any european building (so far) and i never said anything else...or...what? just said compared to the world...lalalalalalaaaaaa.....and in a few years....
Your a complete idiot. Troll on some other thread. The building IS representing a grave site. This whole complex IS representing a grave site. It was designed to be a memorial as a whole, even if its overall goal is to be a suscess it has always been designed as a memorial and a symbol. Several factors of the buildings on this site have symbolic factors into them. Te height is 1776 feet for cryin out loud!
nyarch21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #36829
Xorcist

Quote:
maybe....because we donīt need something like that in berlin...or...i can tell you...itīs the capital of germany but a poor town, just read something about the history of berlin (wikipedia is quite a good source)....so....no reason, no money, no whatever....for some building like that...errr....skyscrapers are usually not very popular here....
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:16 AM   #36830
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
maybe....because we donīt need something like that in berlin...or...i can tell you...itīs the capital of germany but a poor town, just read something about the history of berlin (wikipedia is quite a good source)....so....no reason, no money, no whatever....for some building like that...errr....skyscrapers are usually not very popular here....
after what you just said about it, more like you cant get something like this
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:32 AM   #36831
Xorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarch21 View Post
Your a complete idiot. Troll on some other thread. The building IS representing a grave site. This whole complex IS representing a grave site. It was designed to be a memorial as a whole, even if its overall goal is to be a suscess it has always been designed as a memorial and a symbol. Several factors of the buildings on this site have symbolic factors into them. Te height is 1776 feet for cryin out loud!
thanks for insulting me....never ever thought that the office buildings around the memorial site where part of the grave site....and according to wikipedia... they still arenīt...and...i was still talking about that f...... antenna....hell....which isnīt a part of the structural height...FOR ME...never insulted you guys and donīt know why you are so outrageous...i donīt troll around...and...the meaning of 1776 is quite clear....just think of him .
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #36832
Xorcist

Quote:
after what you just said about it, more like you cant get something like this
and...you still donīt understand.......and right now i donīt care....good night...!
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #36833
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
thanks for insulting me....never ever thought that the office buildings around the memorial site where part of the grave site....and according to wikipedia... they still arenīt...and...i was still talking about that f...... antenna....hell....which isnīt a part of the structural height...FOR ME...never insulted you guys and donīt know why you are so outrageous...i donīt troll around...and...the meaning of 1776 is quite clear....just think of him .
you know because everything on wikipedia is 100% accurate right..

and for what you said i still dont understand, i said exactly what you just told me in a shorter sentence
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:33 AM   #36834
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

Everybody needs to calm down- One World Trade Center is a great building and is taller than most U.S buildings so we have a lot to be proud of.
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:45 AM   #36835
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

Even more when you consider that 4 buildings taller than 977 will be right next to each other.
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:45 AM   #36836
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I guarantee that if anybody ever sees 1WTC with their own eyes, they will not complain about a lack of height ever again.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:57 AM   #36837
pablord

Likes (Received): 217

Beautifull building , either is the tallest or not it add more caracter to the lower Manhatan . As i said before hoppe to see al the other towers finished some time soon
pablord no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #36838
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I guarantee that if anybody ever sees 1WTC with their own eyes, they will not complain about a lack of height ever again.
The base alone looks immense.
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #36839
Enigmatism415

Likes (Received): 169

Wow. Am I the only one who can comfortably distinguish The World Trade Center from the events of 9/11/01?

The remembrance of 9/11 is appropriately (and exhaustively) represented by the Memorial & Museum, which is but ONE facet of The World Trade Center complex as a whole, NOT the other way around. This kind of sorrowful stubbornness is toxic for the spirit of NYC's future. The good people of Lower Manhattan won't live and work in and around a mass grave, they'll work in and around the biggest financial hub in the United States, a beautiful park, memorial, and museum with a history of tragic events.

If you disagree, then so be it...but please don't accuse those who focus on the architectural and urban significance alone, without ceremoniously genuflecting to the victims, of being disrespectful. This is a skyscraper forum, so let's keep it that way.
Enigmatism415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #36840
MrCitiesXl

Likes (Received): 15

As a person who fond of simplicity i just wish that they rebuild the twin with a modern twist but one world is breahtaking,just simply as not as the twins
MrCitiesXl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center