daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #36841
Melb_SuperTall

Likes (Received): 24

I agree with Emigma. No matter how much you try and make it a memorial it will still end up being a happy place and people will laugh, smile and joke. Who said memorials have to be dull and sad? you have to ask yourself what the victims would want. Im making an assumption here but I think most would say what are you so sad about? We are gone. You will eventually go to maybe not as sudden and violently as we did but death will get you. Live while you can. Have a laugh, smile, joke. Also 1WTC is a functional building. Imagine all the naughty stuff the office workers will do.
Melb_SuperTall no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #36842
the man from k-town
Frankfurt-Lover <3

Likes (Received): 6901

new pics:

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower from the Hudson #photography #nyc #newyork #hudson #1wtc von Jondarren

image hosted on flickr

Sun setting behind 1WTC. von frankko auf Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Empire State Building and 1 WTC von Arathrael auf Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Freedom Tower on a Cloudy Night von John A. Dryzga auf Flickr

image hosted on flickr

South Ferry Skyline Panorama von michael.2999.pics auf Flickr
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #36843
windowsoftheworld

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by destere View Post
Found this on a image hosting site when randomy scouring google images. Think it could go where 200 Greenwich st. will go for a sort of Pentronas towers layout.

Think its based on one of the new renders, looks good but probably isnt official!

I really wish there would be an outside viewing deck at the WTC!

They need to be closer together!

ps im horrible at photoshop.
windowsoftheworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #36844
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1028

4th Sep 2012

Shot at 2012-09-04

Shot at 2012-09-04

Shot at 2012-09-04

Shot at 2012-09-04
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #36845
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
sure it will, but we donīt talk about "mine is bigger than yours", of course it will be one of the tallest buildings in the world - for a short limit of time!!!!!!!. iīve never said something else. i just said itīs still an antenna, nothing else.... and i respect that...(hell, guess how tall the buildings are here in europe???....ridiculous...but itīs funny with that american pride...and again..."mine is.... ")

When everything is said and done I'm confident the price tag of this complex will be around $17-20 Billion,any nation(China or UAE) could build 10 Supertalls each with a height of 1,250' and higher with that amount of money at their disposal,but we as Americans have to do everything accordingly to rules and what's right for that place.First,we have to give a pay to the union workers($80 an hour).Secondly,we have to make these towers out of the finest materials,and lastly make the entire site with quality to pay respect to the victims of 9/11.The WTC Complex is no ordinary complex,it's a sacred site for America.

Quick Fact:On the morning of August 8,2012 $2.5 Million were lost due to the inactivity of workers at the site due to the evacuation because of a false alarm.A tourist thought it was a fire when in fact it was ironworkers welding.
$2.5 Million for inactivity,puts this site into perspective.

Last edited by OnePointWest; September 4th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #36846
Martijn1
Martijn1

Likes (Received): 732

Please stop with that stupid comparising with the old WTC complex. It is done so many times now...
Martijn1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #36847
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsoftheworld View Post
They need to be closer together!

ps im horrible at photoshop.
Bleh,stop it please.The old WTC has been gone for almost 11 years,move on.
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #36848
windowsoftheworld

Who the hell is talking about the old WTC? These renders are using the freedom tower, i don't see one picture of the old WTC in this thread.
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:20 PM   #36849
NewYorker2009

Likes (Received): 132

The Original World Trade Center will always be apart of our lives, especially for a New Yorker such as myself. Yes they may be physically gone but they will always be apart of New York. There were many great things about the Twin Towers despite their sheer size. Do I think this new complex should be being built in this time, absolutely not because 9/11 should have never happened. I'm also fed up with people saying that this new complex is better than the original. First off if you've never been to the original buildings you shouldn't say anything. You would have had to see it to truly get a feel for it. The original WTC was built in the 70's so times were different but it still lived up to its expectations as we hit the year 2000. Next, the new complex is far from complete so it's too soon to judge. You can get away with saying that stuff with the new stadiums that have been built in NYC but not with the WTC because no one asked for 9/11 to happen. 11 years isn't long enough to bury the hatchet. Many families are still grieving so people who loved the Twin Towers are still grieving as well. The new Tower One still has yet to grow upon people but it will once it opens.
NewYorker2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #36850
PMadFlyer

Likes (Received): 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_SuperTall View Post
Imagine all the naughty stuff the office workers will do.
Yeah, Durst already f***ed us with the antenna, or Condé Nast with their 14 foot wide vent on the north side of the tower [assuming it is still in the plans].

P.S. I actually like the new West plaza, the flowerbed has a really thick, short wall facing the building that would be perfect to sit on. Also, Whoever thought stainless steel and rain would go well together has hopefully been fired.
PMadFlyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #36851
Tim98
Fanatic

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009
The Original World Trade Center will always be apart of our lives, especially for a New Yorker such as myself. Yes they may be physically gone but they will always be apart of New York. There were many great things about the Twin Towers despite their sheer size. Do I think this new complex should be being built in this time, absolutely not because 9/11 should have never happened. I'm also fed up with people saying that this new complex is better than the original. First off if you've never been to the original buildings you shouldn't say anything. You would have had to see it to truly get a feel for it. The original WTC was built in the 70's so times were different but it still lived up to its expectations as we hit the year 2000. Next, the new complex is far from complete so it's too soon to judge. You can get away with saying that stuff with the new stadiums that have been built in NYC but not with the WTC because no one asked for 9/11 to happen. 11 years isn't long enough to bury the hatchet. Many families are still grieving so people who loved the Twin Towers are still grieving as well. The new Tower One still has yet to grow upon people but it will once it opens.
beautifully said. Just as this antenna arguement. its impossible to know if it looks bad. wait till the finished product then Judge. its your opinion to wether you like it or not.

PS: I don't live in NYC neither in the states. but I have a friend who lives in Brooklyn. he made me some pictures. I might upload them.

greetings from the Netherlands (Holland)
Tim98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #36852
windowsoftheworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
Beautiful
The twin towers will always represent NYC despite something new and different being built in their place.
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #36853
PDC1987

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Who the hell is talking about the old WTC? These renders are using the freedom tower, i don't see one picture of the old WTC in this thread.
Irrelevant. This thread is for discussion of 1 WTC, not conjecture about two (twin) structures that will never be built.
PDC1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #36854
WTCNewYork

Likes (Received): 18

When will the cladding reach the first larger size floor?
WTCNewYork no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #36855
windowsoftheworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC1987 View Post
Irrelevant. This thread is for discussion of 1 WTC, not conjecture about two (twin) structures that will never be built.
It's pretty much relevant since 1WTC is being used as the base of this envision. It would be irrelevant if it was another structure being used.
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #36856
Pablobegood

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
It's pretty much relevant since 1WTC is being used as the base of this envision. It would be irrelevant if it was another structure being used.
No. Your envision is irrelevant because you, by using those renders, are pushing the envelope into a bottomless discussion that has NOTHING TO DO with an architectural thread
Pablobegood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #36857
windowsoftheworld

Make sense at least.
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:19 AM   #36858
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
Not only new yorkers, but people who lived in washington DC at the time to, like myself. Who came to learn and know about the WTC more then they already knew. And perfectly said!
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #36859
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

So the official pinnacle height is 1792 right ?
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #36860
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

I wonder when the name 'New' will be dropped from World Trade Center and just be refereed to as 'World Trade Center' again.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center