daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #3701
storms991
Leicester:NY:London
 
storms991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 492
Likes (Received): 81

99 Church is the tower designed by Foster?
storms991 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #3702
Ebola
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,658
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by storms991 View Post
99 Church is the tower designed by Foster?
No. You're thinking about 200 Greenwich Street, which is over 1,300 feet tall. 99 Church Street is a tower that was unveiled today, to the left of Foster's tower. It was designed to look very classical.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:33 AM   #3703
RealThang
Registered Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 58
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasbrink View Post
Wait...did you say the first floor was poured...Like Ground Floor first floor? Lets see it.
He was referring to the B3 level floor south of the south core. All of the bottom floor B4 is poured and this was the first for the next sub-floor. Three more to go for the lobby floor.
RealThang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #3704
TroyBoy
Registered User
 
TroyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 778
Likes (Received): 15

WTC-7 looks so small in those renders, completly dwarfed by whats to come.
__________________
OMG!!! ACH NEIN!!! DER ERLKONIG KOMMET
I GET HIGH OFF OF BEING HIGH
TroyBoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #3705
mbuildings
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Posts: 5,211
Likes (Received): 69

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............very nice pics!!
mbuildings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:22 AM   #3706
sunshine_121
Registered User
 
sunshine_121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 140
Likes (Received): 3

Jesus christ there taking their time
__________________
Music seems to help the pain
Seems to motivate the brain
Doctor kindly tell your wife
That I'm alive
Flowers thrive
Realise
sunshine_121 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:46 AM   #3707
helghast
Registered User
 
helghast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,374
Likes (Received): 147

whats the name of this building
__________________
"If you put the empire state building on top of the Sears Tower then it's reasonable to say you'll be in the neighbourhood," Mr Baker says.
helghast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:03 AM   #3708
scalziand
Naugatuckian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Naugatuck, CT
Posts: 455
Likes (Received): 181

That building is the 99 Church Street tower talked about above.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #3709
meh_cd
Registered User
 
meh_cd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 874
Likes (Received): 123

This is probably a very stupid question, but will the Freedom Tower have an observation deck or a skylobby?
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 02:30 AM   #3710
TalB
Refugee
 
TalB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pleasantville, NY
Posts: 7,537
Likes (Received): 78

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/ny...l?ref=nyregion
Developer Sought for Restaurant in Freedom Tower

By DAVID W. DUNLAP
Published: January 29, 2008

For the price of a meal, Windows on the World atop 1 World Trade Center offered diners a spot in the stratosphere, a spot that was lost — along with so much else — on Sept. 11, 2001.

“It may be merely a footnote to a national calamity,” William Grimes, then a restaurant critic for The New York Times, wrote a week later, “but the collapse of the World Trade Center’s two towers ended an era in New York City dining.”

On Monday, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which is building the new 1 World Trade Center (also known as the Freedom Tower), set out to find whether anyone wants to try to revive that era.

It issued what is called a request for expressions of interest from developers who would design, construct, operate and manage a 34,000-square-foot restaurant on the 100th and 101st floors of the new tower.

The space, commanding a 360-degree panorama nearly 1,250 feet above street level, would be served by as many as five express elevators.

The grand opening is planned for early 2013.

The restaurant operator may also be chosen to run the 24,000-square-foot observation deck on the 102nd floor.

But a question posed by Mr. Grimes yet to be answered:

“Will diners ever again find that perspective enchanting?” he wrote more than six years ago, and added, “Exhilaration has now become too closely interwoven with terror.”
__________________
I respected your views, so I expect you do to the same.
TalB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #3711
xXFallenXx
Registered User
 
xXFallenXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,859
Likes (Received): 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
This is probably a very stupid question, but will the Freedom Tower have an observation deck or a skylobby?
hell yeah it will.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:41 AM   #3712
Manila-X
PINOY MOD
 
Manila-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: MANILA
Posts: 14,384
Likes (Received): 2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalB View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/ny...l?ref=nyregion
Developer Sought for Restaurant in Freedom Tower

By DAVID W. DUNLAP
Published: January 29, 2008

For the price of a meal, Windows on the World atop 1 World Trade Center offered diners a spot in the stratosphere, a spot that was lost — along with so much else — on Sept. 11, 2001.

“It may be merely a footnote to a national calamity,” William Grimes, then a restaurant critic for The New York Times, wrote a week later, “but the collapse of the World Trade Center’s two towers ended an era in New York City dining.”

On Monday, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which is building the new 1 World Trade Center (also known as the Freedom Tower), set out to find whether anyone wants to try to revive that era.

It issued what is called a request for expressions of interest from developers who would design, construct, operate and manage a 34,000-square-foot restaurant on the 100th and 101st floors of the new tower.

The space, commanding a 360-degree panorama nearly 1,250 feet above street level, would be served by as many as five express elevators.

The grand opening is planned for early 2013.

The restaurant operator may also be chosen to run the 24,000-square-foot observation deck on the 102nd floor.

But a question posed by Mr. Grimes yet to be answered:

“Will diners ever again find that perspective enchanting?” he wrote more than six years ago, and added, “Exhilaration has now become too closely interwoven with terror.”
Just looking at the design, most likely its gonna be a revolving restaurant.
__________________
Manila X-Perience, My collection of images around Metro Manila

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #3713
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,218
Likes (Received): 5222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
99 Church Street (unveiled today) is over 900 feet tall and has 80 floors.





That makes 5 or even perhaps 6 towers over 900 feet tall u/c at the same time.
AMAZING, this is by far the best render
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #3714
xXFallenXx
Registered User
 
xXFallenXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,859
Likes (Received): 170

till 2013?

is that what i heard?


crap!!! TalB will NEVER let this go.
xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:50 AM   #3715
ramvid01
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 749
Likes (Received): 68

Where did you hear about this delay?
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #3716
Milllos
Milllos
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pilsen
Posts: 169
Likes (Received): 11

Wtc 2 building is much dominating for me, It´s wider than freedom tower.

Out of toppic: Lower Manhattan need huge roller coaster or atypical wheel.
Milllos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #3717
Wolle
Zehlendorf Mobster
 
Wolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 43
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milllos View Post
Out of toppic: Lower Manhattan need huge roller coaster or atypical wheel.
Ah I don´t know. These wheels always make cities look like a fair.

Love the new WTC complex. It will look very nice when it´s finished.
__________________
"The Boss of the Family told you gonna be Santa Clause. You`re Santa Clause. So shutthef**kupaboutit!"
- Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri

Last edited by Wolle; January 30th, 2008 at 04:22 PM.
Wolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM   #3718
meh_cd
Registered User
 
meh_cd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 874
Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXFallenXx View Post
hell yeah it will.
Both? Or just the observation deck? Either way I'm happy. I was against the new complex at first, but it looks FANTASTIC on these new renders. WTC2 is gorgeous. Maybe in 10 years I'll have a condo in that area. That'd be a dream come true.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #3719
skyperu34
TRUXILLO del PERU !!!
 
skyperu34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: TRUJILLO, Perú
Posts: 13,534
Likes (Received): 808

Very beautiful photo montage ! And so is the 99th Church Street !
__________________
MIS DIBUJOS DE TINTA Y CARBON:


Diseño, arquitectura, arte y naturaleza en:

skyperu34 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #3720
tanzirian
Registered User
 
tanzirian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,693
Likes (Received): 491

Great new renders! And so glad that they didn't built some of those earlier proposals for FT. Looking forward to the new downtown!
tanzirian no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu