daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 17th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #37221
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
Not quite true my friend. The CTBUH has not made a decision on whether to count the mast as a spire or not. It was only my opinion that the current design of the mast should not be included in the official height. And I will do everything in my power to make that happen.
Quote:
It was only my opinion that the current design of the mast should not be included in the official height. And I will do everything in my power to make that happen.
I am going to agree with the Godfather on this one!

Last edited by iloveclassicrock7; September 18th, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
iloveclassicrock7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #37222
mysteek_1976

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
Yeah, but I would rather take 10th place, then cheat for 3rd.
I here ya. for me it isn't so much about the height. But as long as you mentioned it, if i was in charge of this project it would have been a mile high with other taller buildings to bring it to the skyline. This is, in my opinion the most important skyscraper construction project in history, why should it be anything else then the next step in city evolution. enough of my rant.

I like the asthetics of the spire. that picture with the comparison says it all.
mysteek_1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #37223
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22566

imo pinnacle height is the most convenient, therefore the best system. No spires to worry about.
This is how the CTBUH does it, it gets a bit ridiculous after Hong Kong's ICC.
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=200
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #37224
PMadFlyer

Likes (Received): 371

New renders, both cranes still with a single line hoist.

image hosted on flickr

fish eye corner by PMadFlyer, on Flickr
This render is off because the horizontal mullions on the edge of the facade are behind the glass and therefore not visible.

image hosted on flickr

corner fish eye 2 by PMadFlyer, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

corner fish eye 3 by PMadFlyer, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

corner fish eye 4 by PMadFlyer, on Flickr
PMadFlyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #37225
thejacko5
SSC Addict

Likes (Received): 401

awesome
thejacko5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:15 AM   #37226
micrip

Likes (Received): 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123678 View Post
Why do you continue to troll these threads with your nonsense? You do the same thing at SSP and cry about being attacked when someone corrects you.
He's not promoting his channel, he's showing us his videos which are very interesting and are not off topic. I can't wait till the mods get to you.
...have you ever noticed that wanna be moderators typically have about 40 posts?
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #37227
JohnFlint1985
I love New York

Likes (Received): 6559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
Not quite true my friend. The CTBUH has not made a decision on whether to count the mast as a spire or not. It was only my opinion that the current design of the mast should not be included in the official height. And I will do everything in my power to make that happen.
IMHO CTBUH should not count antenna as a final height of the tower. Once they will do this we will get all kind of claims from other places. Not a good idea.

P.S. Durst can grow a pair of balls and make a spire.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.Ē Thomas Jefferson
"We Shall Never Surrender." Winston Churchill
ďNot all those who wander are lost.Ē J.R.R. Tolkien
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious." Oscar Wilde
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
JohnFlint1985 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:25 AM   #37228
badilger

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsnose
Whatever it's called it's a cheat.
When you see a building where something over a fifth of it's height is gained by a stick poking out of the top, what else can you say?
It's a shame because I like the building, and the city itself doesn't need to cheat like that.
Does anyone remember the initial "mast" that was chosen for the final contest. That "antenna" looks kind of cheesy after what we expected.
badilger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #37229
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Excellent renderings, PMad. One thing though, the curtain wall at the plenums won't have vents like you depict, they're going to be open, creating vertical slots that run all the way up.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:31 AM   #37230
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Thanx badliger,, great info on that special the other night, found what you we're talking about thanx for the info..
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #37231
badilger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach
Thanx badliger,, great info on that special the other night, found what you we're talking about thanx for the info..
Yeah, the coverage of the lobby was much more than I realized. It got away from that " bunker mentality" I was visualizing. I hope they get the prismatic glass facade worked out.
badilger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #37232
Pz0

when exactly spire will be build?
Pz0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:08 PM   #37233
NYBOY1975
BANNED

Likes (Received): 95

Hey everyone first I just wanted to say thanks for the support and second no I do not make money from my videos. I love making updated videos that show people different views of 1 World Trade Center and how it looks like from different areas of the city aside from Manhattan. If someone does not like a certain video that’s fine with me everyone is entitled to his or hers own opinion. I want to share what I do with everyone and my videos and show for the most part progress of 1 World Trade Center shown from a distance. This is all I will say on this matter, I will continue to make more videos in the future; if you want to view them that is your business I will never demand people should view my videos. This is a hobby for me on weekends when I am free and I post here so people can see quickly what I have done. Now enough of me let’s keep to the subject 1 World Trade Center.
NYBOY1975 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #37234
Ed007Toronto

Likes (Received): 71

Thanks for the updates. Looking good.

MyMiniCity
http://ed007ville.myminicity.com/ind
Ed007Toronto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #37235
fordgtman1992
Oregonian at heart

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBOY1975 View Post
Hey everyone first I just wanted to say thanks for the support and second no I do not make money from my videos. I love making updated videos that show people different views of 1 World Trade Center and how it looks like from different areas of the city aside from Manhattan. If someone does not like a certain video thatís fine with me everyone is entitled to his or hers own opinion. I want to share what I do with everyone and my videos and show for the most part progress of 1 World Trade Center shown from a distance. This is all I will say on this matter, I will continue to make more videos in the future; if you want to view them that is your business I will never demand people should view my videos. This is a hobby for me on weekends when I am free and I post here so people can see quickly what I have done. Now enough of me letís keep to the subject 1 World Trade Center.
Don't change, you and your videos rock
fordgtman1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #37236
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
Excellent renderings, PMad. One thing though, the curtain wall at the plenums won't have vents like you depict, they're going to be open, creating vertical slots that run all the way up.
Could you elaborate on this? There will be louvers over the vents, correct? Like at Tower 4?

Quote:
Hey everyone first I just wanted to say thanks for the support and second no I do not make money from my videos. I love making updated videos that show people different views of 1 World Trade Center and how it looks like from different areas of the city aside from Manhattan. If someone does not like a certain video thatís fine with me everyone is entitled to his or hers own opinion. I want to share what I do with everyone and my videos and show for the most part progress of 1 World Trade Center shown from a distance. This is all I will say on this matter, I will continue to make more videos in the future; if you want to view them that is your business I will never demand people should view my videos. This is a hobby for me on weekends when I am free and I post here so people can see quickly what I have done. Now enough of me letís keep to the subject 1 World Trade Center.
Don't worry about it. You just need to shrug some stuff off. As someone once told me when I was younger: you can't make everyone happy. So just keep doing what you're doing.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #37237
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Awesome renders, thanks for posting

Quote:
Hey everyone first I just wanted to say thanks for the support and second no I do not make money from my videos. I love making updated videos that show people different views of 1 World Trade Center and how it looks like from different areas of the city aside from Manhattan. If someone does not like a certain video that’s fine with me everyone is entitled to his or hers own opinion. I want to share what I do with everyone and my videos and show for the most part progress of 1 World Trade Center shown from a distance. This is all I will say on this matter, I will continue to make more videos in the future; if you want to view them that is your business I will never demand people should view my videos. This is a hobby for me on weekends when I am free and I post here so people can see quickly what I have done. Now enough of me let’s keep to the subject 1 World Trade Center.
You're a respected forumer here. We like you and your vids, keep posting and ignore the bully
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #37238
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis

Likes (Received): 1128

Quote:
Your videos are very awesome,no need to worry.
OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #37239
HTL

WOW!

This is a very nice building!

Kudos to the team!
HTL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #37240
the man from k-town
Frankfurt-Lover <3

Likes (Received): 6882

image hosted on flickr

Photo Post 125: Tribute in Light (Vertical Panorama) von Jigar Brahmbhatt auf Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Photo Post 123: New York Skyline Panorama on 9/11 von Jigar Brahmbhatt auf Flickr

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center