daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 11th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #37801
usafarid
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
can they yes, but will they, we'll have to wait and see :p
i would like te see a 2000ft tower in new york example a prpose zhongshan centre
usafarid no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #37802
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5308

I wouldn't mind if 2 or 3 were in a concentrated area, but just one, not so much.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #37803
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafarid View Post
i would like te see a 2000ft tower in new york example a prpose zhongshan centre
zhongshan is more of a vision then a proposal, and im sure we'd all like a 2000 foot tower in new york :P
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #37804
usafarid
BANNED

yes but it surpass 1wtc
Old October 11th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #37805
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
There are two milestones approaching... Base glass and special mech. floor glass. Can't wait.
I don't think base glass will be starting soon.

http://patrioticvoices.com/index.php
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #37806
Portskydiver

Likes (Received): 3

It would be interesting to see a giant Yankees logo design on the windows facing the harbor if they win the World Series like they did with the red, white, and blue colors on 9/11 :P (nice 3-2 win tonight btw)

But speaking of the colors, how do they change the color of the lights for special events like 9/11? I am assuming they put a colored, plastic wrapping inside around the windows?? It seems pretty interesting how they do that. Maybe if it is still possible in the future, 1WTC and/or the whole complex and the Empire State Building can coordinate lighting schedules for special holidays and events, and have the buildings lit up the same way. One in midtown, a few other lit up buildings scattered here and there, and a main lit up building in Lower Manhattan. I would like that! Plus, it would bring a lot more attention to lower manhattan, wouldn't it?
Portskydiver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:30 AM   #37807
Draegen
I LIKE SKYSCRAPERS

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portskydiver View Post
It would be interesting to see a giant Yankees logo design on the windows facing the harbor if they win the World Series like they did with the red, white, and blue colors on 9/11 :P (nice 3-2 win tonight btw)

But speaking of the colors, how do they change the color of the lights for special events like 9/11? I am assuming they put a colored, plastic wrapping inside around the windows?? It seems pretty interesting how they do that. Maybe if it is still possible in the future, 1WTC and/or the whole complex and the Empire State Building can coordinate lighting schedules for special holidays and events, and have the buildings lit up the same way. One in midtown, a few other lit up buildings scattered here and there, and a main lit up building in Lower Manhattan. I would like that! Plus, it would bring a lot more attention to lower manhattan, wouldn't it?
They just put different colored light bulbs.
Draegen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #37808
Skyline_5
Skyscraper's fan

Likes (Received): 15

Hello all, i'm new to this forums but been following this thread specially for more than a year. I don't understand why some people complain about the height of one wtc and compare it to other taller already built or future proposals that will be taller than it, if the most important thing is that 1 wtc is the same height as the old north tower. It's about to replace what was lost there, and if i was a new yorker i would be proud of having again, at downtown at the wtc site, another tower with the same roof height and shape (rectangular in some angles, of course) with an antenna on top (or spire, i don't know what will be in the end), being like a futuristic version of the original twin tower that once was there. No matter if there's taller towers than 1 wtc in the world, but someone who goes to nyc but didn't had the chance to see in person the twin towers, now they will see how at least one of them looked like in height and this has to be a great experience.
Skyline_5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #37809
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draegen View Post
They just put different colored light bulbs.
No, they use colored plastic. It would be a pain to replace every single one of those bulbs.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #37810
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline_5 View Post
Hello all, i'm new to this forums but been following this thread specially for more than a year. I don't understand why some people complain about the height of one wtc and compare it to other taller already built or future proposals that will be taller than it, if the most important thing is that 1 wtc is the same height as the old north tower. It's about to replace what was lost there, and if i was a new yorker i would be proud of having again, at downtown at the wtc site, another tower with the same roof height and shape (rectangular in some angles, of course) with an antenna on top (or spire, i don't know what will be in the end), being like a futuristic version of the original twin tower that once was there. No matter if there's taller towers than 1 wtc in the world, but someone who goes to nyc but didn't had the chance to see in person the twin towers, now they will see how at least one of them looked like in height and this has to be a great experience.
The height of the entire new WTC is one big humiliation and I would even go as far as saying that it is a mockery of the old WTC. The old WTC was the world's tallest building when it was built, this new one should have had at least one building that would be the world's tallest, and I mean that in roof height because the old WTC didn't cheat either. The design of these new towers is incredible and I love them but their height is medicore and what's the worst is that they could have come up with the money to build an impressively tall new WTC if they wouldn't build so many towers (5 of them) and if they wouldn't build that ugly, little, insignificant, bottomless money eating pit of a PTAH station (man I hate that building so much)

Sorry for the rant but in my opinion there is nothing good, hell, nothing even forgivable in the height of the new WTC
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #37811
arend050
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

America must stop with the antenna shit 1wtc is hopefully the last one

look to the rest of the world
arend050 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #37812
MontanaGuy

Likes (Received): 51

We obviously couldn't have built the tallest building in the world at this location because American height restrictions are 2,000 ft, far below the Burj Kalifa. I see no reason to complain about the design whatsoever. So what if it's not a megatall, it's still a striking and iconic building even if it's under 1400 ft without counting the antenna it fits in well with the rest of the skyline. I feel impressed with the sight of 1wtc and think it's a wonderful accomplishment.
MontanaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #37813
The Quiet Storm
I ❤ Skyscrapers!

Likes (Received): 26

More pics please.

ON iTUNES NOW
The Quiet Storm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #37814
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
We obviously couldn't have built the tallest building in the world at this location because American height restrictions are 2,000 ft, far below the Burj Kalifa. I see no reason to complain about the design whatsoever. So what if it's not a megatall, it's still a striking and iconic building even if it's under 1400 ft without counting the antenna it fits in well with the rest of the skyline. I feel impressed with the sight of 1wtc and think it's a wonderful accomplishment.
Rules can be changed and exceptions can be issued However, I agree with you that 1WTC is a wonderful accomplishment because even if not that tall, it is still a masterpiece of engineering and design
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #37815
Spurdo
Fugging Awesome :D

Likes (Received): 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quiet Storm View Post
More pics please.
image hosted on flickr

Sailing to New Amsterdam by dina bennett, on Flickr

-Garl Tsagan

AT THE BEGINNINGS, THE UNIVERSE WAS AS SMALL AS MY TESTIGLE:DDDD, BUT IT WEIGHED AS MUCH AS YOUR MOTHER :DDDD

-galgulated by Garl Tsagan
Spurdo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #37816
officetud

Likes (Received): 1

'never fails to post nice pics...
officetud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #37817
Spurdo

more aerials here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yojimbot/8075370178/

-Garl Tsagan

AT THE BEGINNINGS, THE UNIVERSE WAS AS SMALL AS MY TESTIGLE:DDDD, BUT IT WEIGHED AS MUCH AS YOUR MOTHER :DDDD

Old October 11th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #37818
The Quiet Storm
I ❤ Skyscrapers!

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurdo View Post
Thank yooooou! I love it so much! (ˆ▾ˆʃƪ)

ON iTUNES NOW
The Quiet Storm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #37819
Spurdo

image hosted on flickr

1 WTC by kreynard, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

new world trade center under construction by kreynard, on Flickr

-Garl Tsagan

Old October 11th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #37820
usafarid
BANNED

a megatall skyscraper in new york city goping very well for the finacill capital of the world

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center