daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #3941
Daquan13
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealt View Post
thanks

You're welcome! Glad to help.

The same story has been posted here also, but I forgot where it is.
Daquan13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #3942
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Likes (Received): 919

Good to see this whole site progressing, it's clear to see the massive amount of excavation and clearance that has had to take place, even before substructure work can start. How many sub grade levels will the main towers have? and are they used for car parking?
Rob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM   #3943
Daquan13
BANNED

It'll probably be about 7, as before with the Twins.

And yes, there will bw parking again, but exactly where, I'm not sure yet.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM   #3944
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daquan13 View Post
And what do they mean "for a while"?!
whoever came up with that quote, is a dipshit! I got the same message from that post thinking I was the "only" one until I read through the thread further to find Daquan catching the same idea I was <- I guess it wasnt only me who saw that. The journalists and editors seriously need to get it together if they are going to report on something this significant and "watch" how they word things, as well as working better to get the proper info. I cant tell you how many people still think that they are building the bird cage proposal.
These very same people are quite surprised to hear that there are 4 BIG ASS beautiful (masterpiece) towers being rebuilt on the site.

Just to make a point and to only make a point.. --> Even if we say that this building hypothetically were to suffer the same fate as it's predecessor, there is no way we are going to be seing that freedom beam again!!

In reality though, this will be one of the most secure places on the entire planet (even with it's supposed shortcomings that nimrods seem to fixate on).
Also the simple fact that everybody is now vigilant. If some ******* were to lets say, pull out a gun or a bomb, you would have everyday normal people literally jumping up to beat the shit out of anybody trying to cause a problem (this is NO joke!!). What Im trying to say is that while the security will be quite substantial with this complex, its still going to be nothing compared to the thousands of "vigilant", and "ready" everyday normal people that want (like you and me) to never see anything like this happen again!

This complex is going to be standing very strong for "at least" a couple of hundred years. I was stuck on the idea of replacing the twins as they were for a while too, but its much better this way. This masterplan has evolved into something that is light years ahead (in comparison) to the originals and there are no words to quite describe just how elegant this is going to be. NONE of us saw this coming back when they were going to build the birdcage proposal! The original twins were very beautiful and nicely crafted inside (I never did get to see them ) but the fit and finish on these new structures will be probably unlike anything else that has been built in this country to date.

I cant wait until later this summer, which is when this mammoth core, and surrounding steel structure will start to climb above the street level. Ebola is for the most part correct, as I can recall throughout the years watching construction in NY and noticing that they tend to like keeping the steel or concrete structures (whatever is used) level with the gains in core height.. For that simple reason, these towers are going to be creating quite a shock and awe effect...

This is going to be one of the most watched construction sites ever, and everybody involved knows that quite well <-- Another reason that the builders are going to kick some serious ass, other than the fact of the sheer significant importance attached to this site for all of the people who have been hurt (and for all of the lost souls) by what happened in 2001.
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #3945
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

I just wanted to add...

The chances of this project being stopped for any reason, are about as great as the "Cloverfield" monster jumping out of the Hudson and breakdancing in central park! If that were to happen, maybe he could help us all out by eating whats left of the Duetch Bank tower.

Last edited by Indica; March 12th, 2008 at 12:24 AM.
Indica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #3946
Basincreek
Contrary Lite

Likes (Received): 55

Will they build an access ramp for the new east bathtub the way they did with the west bathtub?
Basincreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #3947
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basincreek View Post
Will they build an access ramp for the new east bathtub the way they did with the west bathtub?

They might, but then again, they might just use a built-up dirt ramp instead.
Old March 12th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #3948
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indica View Post
whoever came up with that quote, is a dipshit! I got the same message from that post thinking I was the "only" one until I read through the thread further to find Daquan catching the same idea I was <- I guess it wasnt only me who saw that. The journalists and editors seriously need to get it together if they are going to report on something this significant and "watch" how they word things, as well as working better to get the proper info. I cant tell you how many people still think that they are building the bird cage proposal.
These very same people are quite surprised to hear that there are 4 BIG ASS beautiful (masterpiece) towers being rebuilt on the site.

Just to make a point and to only make a point.. --> Even if we say that this building hypothetically were to suffer the same fate as it's predecessor, there is no way we are going to be seing that freedom beam again!!

In reality though, this will be one of the most secure places on the entire planet (even with it's supposed shortcomings that nimrods seem to fixate on).
Also the simple fact that everybody is now vigilant. If some ******* were to lets say, pull out a gun or a bomb, you would have everyday normal people literally jumping up to beat the shit out of anybody trying to cause a problem (this is NO joke!!). What Im trying to say is that while the security will be quite substantial with this complex, its still going to be nothing compared to the thousands of "vigilant", and "ready" everyday normal people that want (like you and me) to never see anything like this happen again!

This complex is going to be standing very strong for "at least" a couple of hundred years. I was stuck on the idea of replacing the twins as they were for a while too, but its much better this way. This masterplan has evolved into something that is light years ahead (in comparison) to the originals and there are no words to quite describe just how elegant this is going to be. NONE of us saw this coming back when they were going to build the birdcage proposal! The original twins were very beautiful and nicely crafted inside (I never did get to see them ) but the fit and finish on these new structures will be probably unlike anything else that has been built in this country to date.

I cant wait until later this summer, which is when this mammoth core, and surrounding steel structure will start to climb above the street level. Ebola is for the most part correct, as I can recall throughout the years watching construction in NY and noticing that they tend to like keeping the steel or concrete structures (whatever is used) level with the gains in core height.. For that simple reason, these towers are going to be creating quite a shock and awe effect...

This is going to be one of the most watched construction sites ever, and everybody involved knows that quite well <-- Another reason that the builders are going to kick some serious ass, other than the fact of the sheer significant importance attached to this site for all of the people who have been hurt (and for all of the lost souls) by what happened in 2001.

Thank you!

Great minds think alike, hey?! Meeting of the minds.

Yeah, I don't like the way that they phrase things either. That was inappropreate, stupid, ill-timed and out of line to make such a dumb and idiotic statement like that!!!

Last edited by Daquan13; March 12th, 2008 at 08:08 AM.
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #3949
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 04:58 PM   #3950
/-/_E_C_T_O_R 8§8
SSC

Likes (Received): 843

Wow the disign is amazing
/-/_E_C_T_O_R 8§8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #3951
ElCrioyo
Ed.v.cas.baeZ

Likes (Received): 1671

whats wrong my city....why are projects going so slow, damn!
i wanna see this half way done already!(it should've been)
ElCrioyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #3952
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

What is wrong with NY? Well your bedrock is to hard It took the PA 6 months to dig some caissons for the tower. Other than that the tower is progressing with a normal speed compared to other towers
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #3953
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post

These are nice pics of the tower!!
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #3954
Spartan_X

Likes (Received): 1366

I dont like its base. I think that i would prefer it if the shape was more uniform from the bottom to the top. But except that, it is a nice design.

Spartan proverb

nunyios liked this post
Spartan_X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #3955
phillybud

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan_X View Post
I dont like its base. I think that i would prefer it if the shape was more uniform from the bottom to the top. But except that, it is a nice design.
On the contrary, I think the base creates an interesting design element, otherwise the overall design verges on the banal. Besides, when seen from ground level the base should enhance the overall package.

Old March 13th, 2008, 03:21 AM   #3956
Daquan13
BANNED

All that's left is from them to build and complete the tower.

The talk is over, now they should have no problem getting the job done!
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #3957
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Is there any chance that the change in the NY governor will affect this project? Like with the planned leases from the government? I know last time the governor changed there was a question of how he would relate to this project. Anyone know the new guy's views?
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:01 AM   #3958
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

None at all.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:05 AM   #3959
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Is that based on something you know, or just a guess? No offense, but you tend to be very optimistic so I'd like to know if you've actually heard anything.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #3960
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
Is there any chance that the change in the NY governor will affect this project? Like with the planned leases from the government? I know last time the governor changed there was a question of how he would relate to this project. Anyone know the new guy's views?

I'm sure that he'll leave things for Ground Zero as is. I see no reason that he would want to change anything.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center