daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #39941
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
Someone please ban him, you're really annoying
For what? Calling for a ban is worse than anything I said. Anyway, this tower needs supporters, it is a sacred site as far as I am concerned.
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #39942
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

I don't know if you are aware of this, but skyscrapers are supposed to fulfill a purpose, whether it is tenant space for large corporations or apartments for the rich. What's the point of having designs so crazy that half the space isn't even used? At least our buildings are practical. To be honest, a rectangular prism would be the most functional shape for a tower. Their purpose isn't to look really good yet fulfill no needs in its city's residential or commercial market. Our buildings today have great postmodern designs, so why are you still complaining? Do us all a favor, and don't come here next time you're having your period.

Highcliff liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #39943
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Many people seem to agree that the US skyscrapers are often dull boxes and are lacking in design ideas compared to many areas of the world, it isn't just me.
ok many of them are, going around whining about the design isnt going to make them better, then telling other people to "go cry a river" over their opinion is just as bad as them complaining.. and frankly you do deserve a ban, as far as im concerned your just as bad as those stupid spambots, i know i might be a pain in the ass or not contribute at all to this forum, but sheesh you really are a pain in the booty.

1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #39944
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1554

Say, I have an idea! Let's get back on topic about 1WTC and its progress!
Speaking of which, when is construction on 2WTC supposed to begin?
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #39945
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
Say, I have an idea! Let's get back on topic about 1WTC and its progress!
Speaking of which, when is construction on 2WTC supposed to begin?
you just contradicted yourself lol no one really knows when 2wtc will start though.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #39946
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

I realize you are new here, but talking about 2WTC isn't on topic at this thread. Try its seperate thread. Welcome to the forum, though!

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #39947
meskida

Likes (Received): 7

Whyyyyyyyyy do I always have to go back 3 pages filled with OT discussion to check whether there are new pics and/or info?
meskida no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #39948
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Because certain trolls feast on threads such as this one...

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #39949
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
Because certain trolls feast on threads such as this one...
Calling people trolls now, huh? Oh very mature. Pot calling the Kettle black I see.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #39950
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
I don't know if you are aware of this, but skyscrapers are supposed to fulfill a purpose, whether it is tenant space for large corporations or apartments for the rich. What's the point of having designs so crazy that half the space isn't even used? At least our buildings are practical. To be honest, a rectangular prism would be the most functional shape for a tower. Their purpose isn't to look really good yet fulfill no needs in its city's residential or commercial market. Our buildings today have great postmodern designs, so why are you still complaining? Do us all a favor, and don't come here next time you're having your period.
If you didn't notice, I was actually defending the US towers against someone who came in and blasted them by showing how Chinese towers often have poor urban design. Stop being so sick and rude (talking about periods, etc), that is uncalled for and positively disgusting.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #39951
windowsoftheworld

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
I don't know if you are aware of this, but skyscrapers are supposed to fulfill a purpose, whether it is tenant space for large corporations or apartments for the rich. What's the point of having designs so crazy that half the space isn't even used? At least our buildings are practical. To be honest, a rectangular prism would be the most functional shape for a tower. Their purpose isn't to look really good yet fulfill no needs in its city's residential or commercial market.
"dull designs" as aquablue calls it, also pleases people into minimalism, so it's a win win situation.
windowsoftheworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #39952
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Quote:
NY needs more innovative designs.
Quote:
Many people seem to agree that the US skyscrapers are often dull boxes and are lacking in design ideas compared to many areas of the world, it isn't just me.
Supporting the US, were you? Give me a break.

Please direct me to a post where I behaved as a troll, because as I recall, I haven't bashed the building, the city, or anything related to this project.

Everyone on this thread is getting sick of your pessimistic attitude, especially Filipe and I. I for one don't like resorting to arguments, and rarely do, but I'm not some spineless fool who will stand for it.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:44 AM   #39953
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:

Please direct me to a post where I behaved as a troll, because as I recall, I haven't bashed the building, the city, or anything related to this project.

Everyone on this thread is getting sick of your pessimistic attitude, especially Filipe and I. I for one don't like resorting to arguments, and rarely do, but I'm not some spineless fool who will stand for it.
Exactly, im just getting annoyed especially when i get smartass comments like this "wow, anger.. hahaha. Nice, at least I know now what nerve I have pinched. Good day sir", then people wonder why they get called trolls, and annoying... its like talking to a brick. i think a brick could hold up a better conversation then mr aquablue.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #39954
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Yes, I do support the US, NYC actually. Check all my posts, they are all pro NYC or ideas for improvements for that city. I live in the USA.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #39955
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Woohoo!!! page 2000
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #39956
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Page 2000

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #39957
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
Exactly, im just getting annoyed especially when i get smartass comments like this "wow, anger.. hahaha. Nice, at least I know now what nerve I have pinched. Good day sir", then people wonder why they get called trolls, and annoying... its like talking to a brick. i think a brick could hold up a better conversation then mr aquablue.
When someone calls you a troll twice, there is no convincing them that you are not. Might as well give them what they expect to hear. Also, you were angry and foul mouthed, so why not?
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:50 AM   #39958
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
When someone calls you a troll twice, there is no convincing them that you are not. Might as well give them what they expect to hear. Also, you were angry and foul mouthed, so why not?
drop it.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:51 AM   #39959
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Page 2,000!

Quote:
Yes, I do support the US, NYC actually. Check all my posts, they are all pro NYC or ideas for improvements for that city. I live in the USA.
Oh really? Because I seem to recall multiple times when you said that New York will be a hopeless city architecturally unless it builds anything other than futuristic postmodern towers and that you'll lose interest in it if it does otherwise.

Old December 30th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #39960
aquablue
BANNED

Quote:
Oh really? Because I seem to recall multiple times when you said that New York will be a hopeless city architecturally, and that you'll lose interest in if it builds anything but futuristic post modern towers.
I care very much about the city. I travel and I can see how it is falling behind in the areas that I care deeply about, namely innovation in design and transportation infrastructure. The fact that I get frustrated at the city shows how much I care about its future. You may chose not to believe that, but it is the truth. Thankfully, many proposals have my optimistic about the future of design in the city.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center