daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #40181
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

wow great picture lol annoying to see the cladding not at the top yet, im excited for the slotted glass

Highcliff liked this post
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:32 AM   #40182
73enforcer

Likes (Received): 6

Can someone explain to me why the glass doesn't seem to be progressing.
Don't know much about it all if I'm honest.
73enforcer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #40183
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73enforcer View Post
i think they were fireproofing now there removing the netting so maybe once the netting is gone on all sides then it will go up faster lol idk
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #40184
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Also, we are about to begin cladding mechanical floors, which are much taller.
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #40185
73enforcer

Likes (Received): 6

Cheers. Watching this tower progressing from Eastern Europe. Will visit NYC in July
73enforcer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #40186
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

I will too, either in June or July.

L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #40187
SJM

Likes (Received): 119

I love how it catches the sun.
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #40188
Otie
Researcher

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73enforcer View Post
Netting at the southeastern corner was removed to allow the get-in of MEP and HVAC related mechanisms into the plenums, after this, louver cladding will follow in the inner plenum faces. Once louvers are in place, then curtain wall will resume. Figure a month.
Otie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #40189
NY87

Likes (Received): 0

Does anyone know how much the tip and the top floor can sway?
NY87 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #40190
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otie View Post
Since I'm not disclosing my sources, you've got a point in distrusting whatever I share to the forums.
Well I'm glad you share it with us then not share it at all
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #40191
Otie
Researcher

It's a real pleasure to share the same enthusiasm over the forums

Some photos by Calibratedzeus, notice the temporary platforms at the plenums prepared to initiate the louver cladding.

image hosted on flickr

Photo by calibratedzeus, on Flickr
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #40192
oli83

Likes (Received): 1000

From WiredNewYork, by IrishInNYC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishInNYC View Post
For anyone still wondering, there was all sorts of problems with the bolts for the base section. Hence, nothing has happened in weeks. Smoke and mirrors baby....the PA has it down to a fine art.
Hopefully this issue is resolved pretty soon..
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #40193
Mônsterior
roiretsnôM

Likes (Received): 2749

Hello, Guys, I know I shouldn't write here with my question but I have no idea where I could do that, so I'm writing here
What's going on with the facade of that black building on the right to 4WTC (http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8495/8...408b0c7b_k.jpg)? How to call that building? Thanks for the info
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #40194
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

That's the 227 meter/743 feet tall 1 Liberty Plaza which is getting repainted

Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #40195
ciyus
ciyus? cumpah? miapah?

Likes (Received): 24

so supertall in NYC
ciyus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #40196
oli83

Likes (Received): 1000

From http://www.lowermanhattan.info/news/...o_a_46708.aspx

Looking Ahead to a New Year of WTC Milestones

Visible milestones marked steady progress at the World Trade Center (WTC) site in 2012. Over the past year, both 1 WTC and 4 WTC topped out at 105 and 72 stories, respectively; the Vehicular Security Center (VSC) was structurally completed; and the WTC Transportation Hub took shape at grade with its iconic cast-steel ribs supporting its substructure.

Updates on each of the WTC projects were presented by Port Authority Assistant Director of WTC Construction Quentin Brathwaite at Thursday's Community Board 1 Planning Committee meeting.

At 1 WTC, where steel reached its 1,368-feet peak in August, the final phase of vertical completion kicked off last month: installation of the spire that will raise the tower's total height to 1,776 feet. Crews took advantage of unseasonably calm weather in early December, transporting the spire's lower nine pieces from a Hudson River barge to the base of 1 WTC over just four nights. They are now at work forming the base for the spire atop the tower, and lifting the enormous sections to the roof one-by-one as weather allows. Brathwaite explained that crane lifts at 1 WTC are restricted to times when wind does not exceed 30 miles per hour at the roof level, greatly limiting operations during these winter months.

Nine upper pieces will complete the spire, but their installation may not begin until late winter or spring depending on weather conditions.

At the tower's base, or "podium," protective netting has been removed as crews prepare for the installation of the glass facade in early 2013.

Meanwhile, the Port continues to build out 1 WTC, including structural work on the public observation deck at the 100th and 101st floors, as well as lower-level lobby and elevator fit-out. In total, eight elevators in the tower are nearly operational, and office space and restrooms are nearing completion on several of the floors from 20 through 44, where tenant Conde Nast will be located by approximately late 2014.

Brathwaite explained that his team is now coordinating street-level construction plans with the State Department of Transportation (SDOT), which is building the West Street Promenade, on the plaza surrounding 1 WTC and on the pedestrian tunnel to Battery Park City, known as the "east-west connector." The plaza is part of the overall WTC streets program that will restore Vesey, Fulton, Cortlandt, Liberty, and Greenwich Street through the site -- though it is likely that none of the streets will accommodate public vehicular traffic. Removal of the Vesey Street Pedestrian Bridge also will be coordinated once the east-west connector is completed in approximately late 2014.

Timing for each street's completion and opening also is being coordinated, but it is possible that Greenwich and Liberty will open around 4 WTC as early as late 2013.
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM   #40197
Otie
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli83 View Post
Brathwaite explained that his team is now coordinating street-level construction plans with the State Department of Transportation (SDOT), which is building the West Street Promenade, on the plaza surrounding 1 WTC and on the pedestrian tunnel to Battery Park City, known as the "east-west connector." The plaza is part of the overall WTC streets program that will restore Vesey, Fulton, Cortlandt, Liberty, and Greenwich Street through the site -- though it is likely that none of the streets will accommodate public vehicular traffic. Removal of the Vesey Street Pedestrian Bridge also will be coordinated once the east-west connector is completed in approximately late 2014.
Too much intervention of the NYPD?
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #40198
StrongIsland

Likes (Received): 282

Probably. Why even bother recreating the streets then? They might as well place the same stone bricks over the entire sight and recreate the superblock again since that's what it will basically be anyway.
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #40199
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

So they can technically say they removed the super block to make themselves look better.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #40200
Otie
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIsland View Post
Probably. Why even bother recreating the streets then? They might as well place the same stone bricks over the entire sight and recreate the superblock again since that's what it will basically be anyway.
I haven't gotten the opportunity to take a look at the Final Streets program drawings but the papers of the landscape architect show the same paving pattern from the hub plaza extending to Fulton Street and extending to Tower 2. I don't mind closing Fulton Street but maaan Greenwich...

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center