daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 22nd, 2008, 10:42 PM   #4041
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post
do you mean the stairs at the corner? the stairs at the corner are just for the lower portion of the building i think.
the main stairway is in the central core.
Ah, they are just in the base portion. That makes more sense.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:21 AM   #4042
Daquan13
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post
there 12 floors in the base part as you can see on the renders (if i didnt count wrong). and you guys say that there are 90 floors in the upper part. that equals to 102 floor. freedom tower is supposed to be 108 floors. so what about the 6 missing floors?

Those 6 floors aren't really missing. They're in there somewhere.

Note the high ceilings in the base. I counted about 10 floors there, but I could be wrong.

There are about 6 other floors at the top. That might account for the ones that are supposedly missing.

Word is that the restaurant and obs deck are just below those 6 floors.
Daquan13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:25 AM   #4043
sunshine_121

Likes (Received): 3

From the renders and floor plans there really dosnt look like there is much usable office space, the lobby looks really narrow also compared to the previous towers...
That I'm alive
Flowers thrive
Realise
sunshine_121 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:52 AM   #4044
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Here's an older diagram from 2006 showing the floors.

http://architecture.about.com/od/wor...er-Section.htm

I'd post a direct link but the picture is huge.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:34 AM   #4045
Daquan13
BANNED

There IS a larger pic of the cutaway in the Freedom Tower thread at SSP, if it is still there.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:45 AM   #4046
Basincreek
Contrary Lite

Likes (Received): 55

Looks like they repaved in front of the new temporary transit center. I guess that answers my question on how pedestrians were gonna access it. Looks like they'll just close off that street to vehicular activity.
Basincreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:13 AM   #4047
Dallasbrink
BANNED

Likes (Received): 38

you know what i would like to see?
a photo update.
Dallasbrink no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:59 AM   #4048
stevie d

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Americans, Call up your elected officials and tell them to stand against the Air Force deal with air buss for our new air tankers.

60,000 US jobs are at stake and we dont need to US Government to be out sourcing anymore American Jobs.
I wonder if it's this kind of attitude that makes 'most' of the rest of the world hate Americans?

This is supposed to be a world of free trade, and if Airbus offer a better package then so be it.

You'll notice that european airlines and airforces don't buy 'only' european aircraft in order to safeguard european jobs, they tend to go for the best deal to suit their current needs.

Worth a thought????

Just for the record, this isn't an anti US rant, i actually love the place, and the people in general, it's just that this kind of attitude annoys me a bit.
stevie d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM   #4049
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 61205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasbrink View Post
you know what i would like to see?
a photo update.
If it was possible to make a good photo updates of the progress without trespassing the building site this thread would be overflowing with pictures. Until it becomes more visible we can still watch all the progress 24/7 via the Earthcam. And check WTCRising.com for updates from the building site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie d View Post
I wonder if it's this kind of attitude that makes 'most' of the rest of the world hate Americans?

This is supposed to be a world of free trade, and if Airbus offer a better package then so be it.

You'll notice that european airlines and airforces don't buy 'only' european aircraft in order to safeguard european jobs, they tend to go for the best deal to suit their current needs.

Worth a thought????

Just for the record, this isn't an anti US rant, i actually love the place, and the people in general, it's just that this kind of attitude annoys me a bit.
Please read the 1st post of this thread.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM   #4050
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Likes (Received): 129

you want updates? i have some (from flickr )

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Densetsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:17 PM   #4051
michaeljs

Likes (Received): 70

thanks for these photos, but actually we haven't seen any updates from WTC1 site in quite a few days. anyone?
michaeljs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM   #4052
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljs View Post
thanks for these photos, but actually we haven't seen any updates from WTC1 site in quite a few days. anyone?
have a look at page 198. the photos on that page are from the wtc1 site
Old March 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM   #4053
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljs View Post
The site hasn't changed that much. They are installing some forms for a section of the first basement floor and on another section they are installing rebar. Further some forms are being installed round the beams east from the core and some scaffolding is placed to install rebar on a column between the FT and the PATH tracks.

Oh and they are installing steel beams along the western slurry wall for the WTC Memorial
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 04:07 PM   #4054
oliviersa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Thanks Densetsu, those pics are great.
oliviersa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:23 PM   #4055
Densetsu
Non-registered User!

I just noticed that the thread title is wrong. In the title "108fl" is written. But we have counted that there are 12 floors in the lower portion and 90 floors in the upper part. That equals to 102 floors. Also you can see that Freedom Tower has 102 floors on the diagram that Culwulla drew. If i am right a moderator should change the thread title.

A part of Cul's Diagram
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:41 AM   #4056
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

I can't believe we're whining about this again, but I can believe it. The PANYNJ and Silver Props have officially titled the observation floor 102; there are several floors on top of floor 102; therefore, the title should have a number over 104 and any number under 103 is clearly incorrect. Does ICC have a number under 118? Does 7WTC have a number under 52? No. Then why is it only this tower that people whine about?
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:23 AM   #4057
Daquan13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
I can't believe that we are still whining about this again, but I can believe it.

Does ICC have a number under 118? Does 7WTC have a number under 52? No. Then why is it only this tower that people whine about?

Seems to me that some are still not satisfied with the height of the tower no matter what they do, so they just keep on beating up on the dead horse.

But they need to just put all those complaints to bed because it'll do them no good, so they might just as well leave it alone.
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:00 AM   #4058
stevie d

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Please read the 1st post of this thread.
Fair point, i'm not trolling i am a genuine poster so appologies for lowering the tone. Just that kinda attitude stinks if you ask me(i know that's only my opinion)

Back on topic, looks great to me, although i can't help thinking they should have designed the freedom tower as the 'Twin' freedom towers.
stevie d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #4059
fish

Likes (Received):

Last time I was at Ground Zero the sidewalk on Church Street was closed from the public for construction.

I didn't even attempt to get a close look.
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #4060
pennster

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie d View Post

Worth a thought????

LOL this is very true. You'd think someone railing against them would be able to spell Airbus correctly, as well! There are no jobs at stake, only those to gain as Airbus has manufacturing plants in the U.S. too. Northrop Grumman is Airbus' partner anyway, geez.
pennster no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center