daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #41601
StrongIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
Adn you think it would take over 10 months to do all that?
The elevator isn't coming down for a while, I believe I read Conde will use it after its modified to fit out their floors...
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #41602
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy
 
iiConTr0v3rSYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,343
Likes (Received): 2924

How will the crane be dismantled? I understand one crane will dismantle the other, but what about the remaining one?
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #41603
Davidsam52
Registered User
 
Davidsam52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.
Posts: 526
Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
How will the crane be dismantled? I understand one crane will dismantle the other, but what about the remaining one?
I suspect a skycrane helicopter might be tasked to do this.....possibly the upper sections of the spire as well.
Davidsam52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #41604
tim1807
faster than buildings
 
tim1807's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Den Helder
Posts: 10,325
Likes (Received): 5334

Maybe by using smaller cranes.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #41605
StrongIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsam52 View Post
I suspect a skycrane helicopter might be tasked to do this.....possibly the upper sections of the spire as well.
The entire spire is being erected by a crane.
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #41606
Dominance
Registered User
 
Dominance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 133
Likes (Received): 5

I am looking at the earthcam cameras and i cant see the base cladding, can anyone give me a cam where i could see it, Please
Dominance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #41607
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy
 
iiConTr0v3rSYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,343
Likes (Received): 2924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominance View Post
I am looking at the earthcam cameras and i cant see the base cladding, can anyone give me a cam where i could see it, Please
http://www.video-monitoring.com/cons...on=From%207WTC

You have to download iCloud to view the cams.
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #41608
Dave H
Registered User
 
Dave H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 78
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyre View Post
The created a symbol, a tower that supposedly defines resilence and freedom
I don't think there are very many people that still think of this building as symbolic of anything any more. The reflecting pools are open, the Pentagon was rebuilt in less than a year, and buildings with taller rooflines are being built all over the world. Debating the merits of a pointy thing on top holds no interest for anybody outside of this website. By the time this building opens, enough time will have passed for people to have done their own standing-up-against-terrorism.
__________________
"Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun." - M. Burns
Dave H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #41609
pnapp1
Die-Hard New Yorker!
 
pnapp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 302
Likes (Received): 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
http://www.video-monitoring.com/cons...on=From%207WTC

You have to download iCloud to view the cams.

You must mean Silverlight.

There is also an HTML5 site:
http://www.video-monitoring.com/cons.../slideshow.htm

I use this site for my iPad.
pnapp1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #41610
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy
 
iiConTr0v3rSYx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 1,343
Likes (Received): 2924

Lol, icloud. Sorry about that. Guess I should stop using my iPod. Damn thing is always wanting me to use Cloud. Thanks anyway.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9166638...n/photostream/
__________________

Fabio_T, Jex7844, billgates liked this post

Last edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx; February 14th, 2013 at 08:07 PM.
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #41611
yankee fan for life
Registered User
 
yankee fan for life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn new york
Posts: 832
Likes (Received): 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
I don't think there are very many people that still think of this building as symbolic of anything any more. The reflecting pools are open, the Pentagon was rebuilt in less than a year, and buildings with taller rooflines are being built all over the world. Debating the merits of a pointy thing on top holds no interest for anybody outside of this website. By the time this building opens, enough time will have passed for people to have done their own standing-up-against-terrorism.
Your point about taller roofs tops has no merit as of right now only the shanghai tower, and the goldin finance tower will have roofs the rest will have spires,can people please give it a rest on picking on 1 wtc mast/spire,how come nobody and i mean nobody is picking on that monstrosity that is the mecca clock tower,and as for your opinion of 1 wtc as not being seen as symbolic anymore there plenty of people that will still see 1 wtc as being symbolic no matter what their opinion on the spire is .
__________________
My heart beats for Brooklyn new york

Last edited by yankee fan for life; February 14th, 2013 at 08:17 PM.
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #41612
spectre000
Moderator
 
spectre000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 7,906
Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
How will the crane be dismantled? I understand one crane will dismantle the other, but what about the remaining one?
The window washing/BMU (Building Maintenance Unit) will lower the last crane.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #41613
StrongIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
Your point about taller roofs tops has no merit as of right now only the shanghai tower, and the goldin finance tower will have roofs the rest will have spires,can people please give it a rest on picking on 1 wtc mast/spire,how come nobody and i mean nobody is picking on that monstrosity that is the mecca clock tower,and as for your opinion of 1 wtc as not being seen as symbolic anymore there plenty of people that will still see 1 wtc as being symbolic no matter what their opinion on the spire is .
Agreed. This building and entire site will always be symbolic after everything that happened here, besides, it's the World Trade Center, it is and always will be a landmark
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #41614
Fabio_T
Registered User
 
Fabio_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,803
Likes (Received): 907

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
Lol, icloud. Sorry about that. Guess I should stop using my iPod. Damn thing is always wanting me to use Cloud. Thanks anyway.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9166638...n/photostream/
One World Trade Center is just wonderful! I can only dream for something like this in my town... I hope one day I'll get to see NYC! Greetings from Italy
Fabio_T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #41615
OnePointWest
Riemanns Hypothesis
 
OnePointWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York,New York
Posts: 675
Likes (Received): 1128

Wait,is this a new section...

OnePointWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #41616
Beda8894
Registered User
 
Beda8894's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 1

Than fast! good pictures.
Beda8894 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #41617
StrongIsland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 717
Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePointWest View Post
Wait,is this a new section...

That's #10...I'm pretty sure 11 is on the platform still but I could be wrong.
__________________

OnePointWest liked this post
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #41618
Towards The Sun
and beyond....
 
Towards The Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 67
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIsland View Post
That's #10...I'm pretty sure 11 is on the platform still but I could be wrong.
It looked like they picked up #11 at one point but then put it back down.
Towards The Sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #41619
stlcameron22
Registered User
 
stlcameron22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 29
Likes (Received): 0

Can some photoshop a pic with the cranes out?? It's difficult to tell how tall the "spire" is with those massive cranes in the way
stlcameron22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #41620
WeatherRad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 85
Likes (Received): 37

Looks like piece 11 is getting ready to be placed in per Earthcam live view!
WeatherRad no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu