daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 12th, 2013, 04:40 AM   #44041
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

So two more pieces before the beacon?

BismilahiRahmanRahim liked this post
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #44042
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2905

I think so.
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #44043
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
I think so.
I love your render of the spire piece by piece,, it shows you know your sh#@.. But you have to realize we have and most of us check both forums on both sites.. SSP has the next piece (forumers saying were at 1600plus now, then a render right after that that says, no we're at 1586 feet, so all this information who knows what to believe,, some ppl say there is no piece 17 to the spire,, what to believe when there are so many opinions out there.. You we're obviously responsible for breaking down the spire and pieces in weight.. That tells me you know what you're talking about.. But to say it shows the level of ignorance on some ppl's parts is a little harsh, when every other photo has different colors,, and you have to agree there's a lot of photo's with different colors , (especially pictures showing the base with a green tint) and the bldg showing "what looks like 3 different colors.. Even the "zipper" looks different because that glass is newer and cleaner, and ppl comment about that.. (You have to remember maybe 90% just a wild estimation) of forumers, know very little about skyscrapers, and we're learning from you 10% (just an estimation), that we count on to know the facts. I ask a lot of questions for educational purposes, hoping the 10% who know,, will answer me.. But a lot of these forumers aren't ignorant,, for instance if you have the IRS all over your ass, come to me, if you want a good Private Investigator go to so and so,.. I take the info and use it, so I don't have to ask "so called dumb questions, to you" where a bunch of us really don't know, but just are curious on what is going on.. Like for Instance you might think this is a stupid question, but I bet there's a large % of us who don't know, but why on the base are the "big squares and I'm going to say "massive what appears to be garage doors" what are those supposed to be,, I'm guessing entrances,, but they seem very massive to be entrances, in no way am I taking it to heart, but most of our occupations, are anything but iron workers or architects.. But like I said we look to you guys to learn, I do anyway. And I admit I ask a lot of questions, (some obvious to some, but not to others), because I love NY and miss the originals,,(very interested in what it takes to get permission, the snags with the PA and Durst, and other things that have impeded the skyscraper's progress). I'm just trying to learn what it takes to make a massive skyscraper,, and I know very little when it comes to it.. So I can't speak for everybody, but I'm hardly ignorant when it comes to my field of work, which is accounting, and different side jobs I'm not ignorant at. Sorry so long, but there's a lot of high school, college and others that seek info, on such a major landmark, I don't think that's out of the ordinary.. Great break down on the spire as I said, it is very useful to probably all of us..

Kanto liked this post

Last edited by bigreach; April 12th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #44044
NYdude

Likes (Received): 38

This tower looks better each and every day! It's really growing on me and I can't wait for it to be completed!
NYdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #44045
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2905

Sorry Bigreach but I didn't make that diagram, I got it from WTC progress. I'll leave all that stuff up to Otie and Pmad.

And who the hell is BismilahiRahmanRahim?

L.A.F.2. liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #44046
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
Sorry Bigreach but I didn't make that diagram, I got it from WTC progress. I'll leave all that stuff up to Otie and Pmad.

And who the hell is BismilahiRahmanRahim?
Are you asking me who^ that is? I know my keyboard is acting up, but I looked at my render and I don't see that,, son spilled kool-aid on keyboard, took days to dry and clean,, but I don't think you're talking to me about that.. Sorry I thought you made that spire render, whoever did, did a damn good job, explains A LOT!!!!!
Old April 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #44047
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

So there is no more confusion. Here is a comparison. Subtract 311ft 2in from the PA's height figures on the spire diagram, and 1WTC's height is currently 1,626 feet.

Section 12, which was sitting on the temp platform for the last couple of months being placed.

Section 13 being installed.

sergiomazzi liked this post
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #44048
earthbuilder
MagnaCarta/HolyGrail

Likes (Received): 201

wait. Are they making the spire or antenna?

||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||

Check out my 3D projects:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1570589
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1497145
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1363777
earthbuilder no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #44049
Skyscrapercitirocks
8anned

Likes (Received): 131

@ iiConTr0v3rSYx
BismilahiRahmanRahim is an Indian ( I think) trying to grab skyscrapercitizens attention clicking likes in every single post!
FYI the name's literal meaning is Poisoned-RahmanRahim and maybe RahmanRahim is his name!!!

Steven Wright
Skyscrapercitirocks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #44050
NYCrulz
America started it all !!

Likes (Received): 2370

By BlackPawPhoto
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackpawphoto/

By Supremecourtjester
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/supreme...n/photostream/

Qtya, Tondar, Swiddle, sergiomazzi liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #44051
noms78

Likes (Received): 244

Found this a while back

Last edited by noms78; April 12th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
noms78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #44052
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50645

[img]http://******************/i/e1c/okUCQm.png[/img]

bigreach liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #44053
LexISguy

Likes (Received): 214

Does anyone believe they might a couple of more sections today hopefully to top out the antenna?
LexISguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #44054
oli83

Likes (Received): 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexISguy View Post
Does anyone believe they might a couple of more sections today hopefully to top out the antenna?
Looking at the weather via earthcam.. NO!
oli83 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #44055
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

Sorry, bit out of place this question but quickly: do we know what's happening with the lot where the Deutsche Bank once stood?

Cheers
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #44056
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

I believe it was either 5wtc or a security center.
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #44057
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

image hosted on flickr

1 World Trade Center, with ominous storm clouds in the sky, as seen from Broadway and Park Row at Vesey Street (04/10/13) by Gary Dunaier, on Flickr

Kanto liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #44058
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
I love your render of the spire piece by piece,, it shows you know your sh#@.. But you have to realize we have and most of us check both forums on both sites.. SSP has the next piece (forumers saying were at 1600plus now, then a render right after that that says, no we're at 1586 feet, so all this information who knows what to believe,, some ppl say there is no piece 17 to the spire,, what to believe when there are so many opinions out there.. You we're obviously responsible for breaking down the spire and pieces in weight.. That tells me you know what you're talking about.. But to say it shows the level of ignorance on some ppl's parts is a little harsh, when every other photo has different colors,, and you have to agree there's a lot of photo's with different colors , (especially pictures showing the base with a green tint) and the bldg showing "what looks like 3 different colors.. Even the "zipper" looks different because that glass is newer and cleaner, and ppl comment about that.. (You have to remember maybe 90% just a wild estimation) of forumers, know very little about skyscrapers, and we're learning from you 10% (just an estimation), that we count on to know the facts. I ask a lot of questions for educational purposes, hoping the 10% who know,, will answer me.. But a lot of these forumers aren't ignorant,, for instance if you have the IRS all over your ass, come to me, if you want a good Private Investigator go to so and so,.. I take the info and use it, so I don't have to ask "so called dumb questions, to you" where a bunch of us really don't know, but just are curious on what is going on.. Like for Instance you might think this is a stupid question, but I bet there's a large % of us who don't know, but why on the base are the "big squares and I'm going to say "massive what appears to be garage doors" what are those supposed to be,, I'm guessing entrances,, but they seem very massive to be entrances, in no way am I taking it to heart, but most of our occupations, are anything but iron workers or architects.. But like I said we look to you guys to learn, I do anyway. And I admit I ask a lot of questions, (some obvious to some, but not to others), because I love NY and miss the originals,,(very interested in what it takes to get permission, the snags with the PA and Durst, and other things that have impeded the skyscraper's progress). I'm just trying to learn what it takes to make a massive skyscraper,, and I know very little when it comes to it.. So I can't speak for everybody, but I'm hardly ignorant when it comes to my field of work, which is accounting, and different side jobs I'm not ignorant at. Sorry so long, but there's a lot of high school, college and others that seek info, on such a major landmark, I don't think that's out of the ordinary.. Great break down on the spire as I said, it is very useful to probably all of us..
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Never hesitate to ask questions because only through questions can we learn something and in my opinion education is the most impoartant function of a forum

Also, I've updated my diagram. The building has currently a pinnacle height of 496 meters or 1626 feet

Roof height used below

[IMG]http://i46.************/aokndt.png[/IMG]

bigreach liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #44059
NYCrulz
America started it all !!

Likes (Received): 2370

By PittCaleb
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pittcaleb/

oli83, spectre000, Swiddle liked this post
NYCrulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #44060
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

image hosted on flickr

Blossoming by Keith Michael NYC, on Flickr

Swiddle liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center