daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 17th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #44301
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

^ Love all the pics!! Keep them coming in!!! Thanks
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #44302
StrongIsland

Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
I agree that counting it towards official height would be a big mistake but it still looks better than the fat spire with the radome. It would be best if they didn't put anything at all on the roof, so the less visible it is the better
Why would it be a mistake? It is part of the building and serves no purpose other then the beacon and when future antennas are attached to it. It definitely should be counted whether everyone thinks its ugly or not.
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #44303
cincobarrio
Lurker

Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePointWest View Post
Apple-calypse now! New York City plays starring role in new Tom Cruise sci-fi epic 'Oblivion'

BY ETHAN SACKS / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2013, 12:26 AM
UPDATED: SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2013, 8:00 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1315612
I'm pretty sure Click was the first movie with the finished WTC in it. Hell, they were twins!

cincobarrio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #44304
ChiSkyline

Likes (Received): 133

Wait, so is this thing now 1,368 ft because of the antenna?
ChiSkyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #44305
iamtheSTIG

Likes (Received): 4539

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCrulz View Post
By N1CT4YL0R

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/n1ct4yl0r/
One WTC as seen from ~15 km away...
Imagine that shot with all the WTC towers complete, 432, Tower Verre, 225 West 57th street, Hudson Yards, Brookfields towers and whatever else gets proposed and built within the next few years! :O

Could anyone edit it?

Xoltage, Amrafel liked this post
iamtheSTIG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #44306
NanoMini
Wat's price of the earth?

Likes (Received): 2533

Someone said New York's impressive city but others couldn't imagine how New York is.
Thus, photos were publicly posted to everybody, we can't comment any word to a blank. I don't know why someone want to make simple things to complicated problems. Maybe they want to solve the most simple things by their complicated methods. Do someone want to add more iodines to their foods?
Thank for NYCrulz's photos.

Last edited by NanoMini; April 17th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
NanoMini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #44307
raider12

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
Kanto there are only four real boroughs and one unofficial borough, the fake borough is Staten Island ,and the unofficial borough is Yonkers , just kidding,anyway back to topic i heard the topping out ceremony will be held on April 27 is there any truth to this ?
LOL, that's funny.................but true
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #44308
Nonoka

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoMini View Post
Someone said New York's impressive city but others couldn't imagine how New York is.
Thus, photos were publicly posted to everybody, we can't comment any word to a blank. I don't know why someone want to make simple things to complicated problems. Maybe they want to solve the most simple things by their complicated methods. Do someone want to add more iodines to their foods?
Thank for NYCrulz's photos.
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #44309
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee fan for life View Post
Kanto there are only four real boroughs and one unofficial borough, the fake borough is Staten Island ,and the unofficial borough is Yonkers , just kidding,anyway back to topic i heard the topping out ceremony will be held on April 27 is there any truth to this ?
I always thought the unofficial borough was Hudson County, NJ.
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #44310
deadhead262

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSkyline View Post
Wait, so is this thing now 1,368 ft because of the antenna?
No, its roof is 1368ft while its antenna will reach 1776ft(currently over 1600ft)
deadhead262 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #44311
liny631

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
I always thought the unofficial borough was Hudson County, NJ.
No offense but I do not consider another state entirely the "6th borough". Yonkers or LI makes much more sense both in culture and vicinity. People from NJ like to claim NYC as their city and it always kind of made me roll my eyes. I can't picture being from CT then claiming some city in NY or NJ. Doesn't make sense to me. Everyone I meet from NJ has zero NJ pride...they just want to live off NYC's image. Even in commercials for cars they show the city with all the boroughs and the surrounding areas then at the end it shows "Welcome to New Jersey" signs. Huh?

That's another state and culture. Nothing against NJ, just annoys me when they want to be seen as New Yorkers even though they are in another state. Everyone I meet from NJ introduces themselves by telling me how close to the city they are. IMO they should just have pride in NJ because that is their real state. They have their own major cities like Newark, Jersey City, and Paterson so technically I consider people from North Jersey to be from suburbs of those cities. Does anyone else notice this? I would feel really awkward being from NY but representing NJ all the time. Again nothing against NJ, just something I've noticed...sorry for the rant!
liny631 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #44312
Towards The Sun
and beyond....

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by liny631 View Post
just annoys me when they want to be seen as New Yorkers even though they are in another state.
Like the Jets Giants and the Giants?
Towards The Sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #44313
gemomsen

Likes (Received): 134

The base of 1WTC looks so weird. The color is not like the rest of building. Please more blue and less gray.
gemomsen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #44314
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by liny631

No offense but I do not consider another state entirely the "6th borough". Yonkers or LI makes much more sense both in culture and vicinity. People from NJ like to claim NYC as their city and it always kind of made me roll my eyes. I can't picture being from CT then claiming some city in NY or NJ. Doesn't make sense to me. Everyone I meet from NJ has zero NJ pride...they just want to live off NYC's image. Even in commercials for cars they show the city with all the boroughs and the surrounding areas then at the end it shows "Welcome to New Jersey" signs. Huh?

That's another state and culture. Nothing against NJ, just annoys me when they want to be seen as New Yorkers even though they are in another state. Everyone I meet from NJ introduces themselves by telling me how close to the city they are. IMO they should just have pride in NJ because that is their real state. They have their own major cities like Newark, Jersey City, and Paterson so technically I consider people from North Jersey to be from suburbs of those cities. Does anyone else notice this? I would feel really awkward being from NY but representing NJ all the time. Again nothing against NJ, just something I've noticed...sorry for the rant!
That depends on where you are in New Jersey. I lived in southern New Jersey for years and no one down there that I ever met wanted to be related to New York City, or even anything in northern New Jersey for that matter. The part of New Jersey I lived in still lives up to its nickname- the "Garden State", which isn't a term I'd use to describe North Jersey.
But I did see that in northern New Jersey in some places.
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #44315
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22567

the gap on the northwest side is almost completely closed

[IMG]http://oi48.************/1f8svm.jpg[/IMG]

eastern base cladding
[IMG]http://oi45.************/2hpj5ls.jpg[/IMG]

spectre000, Kanto, Sarcasticity, r0cc0, Swiddle liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #44316
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3591

Quote:
Originally Posted by liny631 View Post
No offense but I do not consider another state entirely the "6th borough".
I've heard all kinds of claims to the Sixth Borough title, and some of them are pretty entertaining: Cleveland, Philly, Miami, Israel... Spiritual Sixths, anyway. Even if the people of New Jersey don't want to be associated with New York, there are clearly a ton of people who do.

ANYWAY, I guess I should come up with something on topic to say.
How about: How long do we think it'll take before we get a taller proposal for downtown? I'd imagine it would only happen after the entire WTC complex is finished and leased -- but from an aesthetic standpoint, I'd love to someday see something taller than One WTC in the center or east side of Downtown, for balance.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #44317
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Ha! Israel and Miami! Funny.. I like that.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #44318
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22567

there is a supertall proposed at 80 South Street, we'll have to see what comes out of that.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #44319
liny631

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towards The Sun View Post
Like the Jets Giants and the Giants?
Not the best examples...the Giants originally are from NY playing in the Polo Grounds and the Jets are originally from NY playing in Queens at Shea. The Giants also had camp upstate while the Jets had camp on LI. The only reason they are in NJ is because there is no room in the NYC area. It's really just the property they play on, not the organization's base. Much of North Jersey is still sparsely populated. I know someone in Sparta about 50 miles or so from Manhattan which is the same as me from LI, yet it's much more built up on LI especially on the south shore. Jersey has mountains, hills, tons of property, etc. You really don't see tons of property until you get all the way out east on LI.

It just seems sometimes that people assume being in NJ gives them dual citizenship with NY as well. Of course parts of NJ like Hoboken and Newark are a rock's throw from Manhattan, but it's still NJ to me. The biggest proof that NJ wants to associate with NY at all costs is Hoboken. 99% of the people who move there do so because they can't afford NYC and want to still live in the area. The first thing people in Hoboken do is post pictures of the NYC skyline. It's not about Hoboken itself...it's about how close it is to NYC. It's just weird because I would never associate with another state. It's not like people on the north shore of LI associate with CT even though it's just 20 miles or so across the sound.
liny631 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #44320
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheSTIG View Post
Imagine that shot with all the WTC towers complete, 432, Tower Verre, 225 West 57th street, Hudson Yards, Brookfields towers and whatever else gets proposed and built within the next few years! :O

Could anyone edit it?
image hosted on flickr

Here you go.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center