daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:16 AM   #44621
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsoftheworld View Post
Good thing i express myself differently than you.

I only complain because it really does take away from the overall neatness of the tower.
yea you express yourself like a crying 10 year old..congrats

More like you complain because they didn't rebuild the twins
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:23 AM   #44622
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

To: Anyone degrading this building whether it's criticizing the spire, or saying it's center of the city

NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:33 AM   #44623
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

For me, I guess I just don't understand why people purposely go somewhere and complain about how they dislike something so much, over and over again. Hell, I can't stand the Chevy Camaro, but you don't see me over at the Chevy forums complaining about it. I just think people that do that over and over are somewhat trolling and just trying to get a rise out of people. Here at SSC, it's real easy to just unsubsribe from a specific thread and never have to visit that thread again. Unless you have other motives in mind

1Filipe1, L.A.F.2. liked this post
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #44624
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4npower View Post
For me, I guess I just don't understand why people purposely go somewhere and complain about how they dislike something so much, over and over again. Hell, I can't stand the Chevy Camaro, but you don't see me over at the Chevy forums complaining about it. I just think people that do that over and over are somewhat trolling and just trying to get a rise out of people. Here at SSC, it's real easy to just unsubsribe from a specific thread and never have to visit that thread again. Unless you have other motives in mind
completely agree pisses me off, then there going to say freedom of speech this and that or if you don't want to see us complain then don't look at the thread..actually it should be the other way around if you have such a problem with a building, a building for crying out loud then you have some issues.

I think the Camaros are nice by the way.

NewYorkSkyline117, 4npower liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:40 AM   #44625
windowsoftheworld

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
yea you express yourself like a crying 10 year old..congrats

More like you complain because they didn't rebuild the twins
Again with this? Get over it, i have. And stop acting like this building is the second coming because it isn't and it is completely okay to criticize it's set backs. Deal with the criticisms and stop being disrespectful towards other members for voicing their opinions.

Chapelo liked this post
windowsoftheworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:43 AM   #44626
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
Again with this? Get over it, i have. And stop acting like this building is the second coming because it isn't and it is completely okay to criticize it's set backs. Deal with the criticisms and stop being disrespectful towards other members for voicing their opinions.
First of all, i never even argued about the twins, i just know that if its not the twins your not satisfied. Second, if i wanted to disrespect you i would be cursing you out, last time i checked i didn't say anything disrespectful. If you really thought what i said was disrespectful you need to grow a pair
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM   #44627
windowsoftheworld

Quote:
First of all, i never even argued about the twins, i just know that if its not the twins your not satisfied. Second, if i wanted to disrespect you i would be cursing you out, last time i checked i didn't say anything disrespectful. If you really thought what i said was disrespectful you need to grow a pair
But who was talking about the twins? Who mentioned the twins before you? Clearly not me. And yes, you're being disrespectful with your personal remarks, and it's obviously very difficult for you to keep your cool when someone criticizes this building and so you lash at them like some butthurt kid. Maybe it's you who needs to grow a pair.

Chapelo liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM   #44628
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2913

As much as I hate the constant complaining about the base and spire, WOTW does have a point. People are freely able to give their opinions on the building-Whether it's good or bad. My only problem with the complainers is that it's normally the same people over and over again(Won't say any names). It's not like you have to repeat yourself constantly.

Those who bash and gang up on other forumers who don't share your views are being hypocrites and should also take their own advice-Stop complaining about complainers.

windowsoftheworld, Chapelo liked this post

Last edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:09 AM.
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM   #44629
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
But who was talking about the twins? Who mentioned the twins before you? Clearly not me. And yes, you're being disrespectful with your personal remarks, and it's obviously very difficult for you to keep your cool when someone criticizes this building and so you lash at them like some butthurt kid. Maybe it's you who needs to grow a pair.
yea cause you can tell im so pissed..about to bang my head into a wall
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:54 AM   #44630
windowsoftheworld

You made that very clear.
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:56 AM   #44631
1Filipe1
BANNED

Quote:
You made that very clear.
ill just bite my tongue no point in arguing
Old April 23rd, 2013, 02:57 AM   #44632
jmatero

Likes (Received): 64

All this arguing is amazing. I remember standing at the foot of the twin towers with my parents in 1972... the cladding wasn't complete on one tower and almost done on the other... and EVERYONE complaining about how "ugly" they were. "So boring looking", "They ruin the skyline", etc.

THEN a couple years or so later, when they started erecting the antenna, NYC went nuts. "It's too tall", "It's ugly", "It looks too tall and out of proportion", blah blah blah.

The spire in its current form on 1WTC resembles a number of old and new spires in NYC. In fact, it's even CLEANER looking than what's on the Empire State Building, AT&T in SoHo, and Conde Nast:

1WTC isn't done yet. Once the parapet cladding is complete, the multitude of temporary platforms on the spire removed, and the 8 guide cables attached, it will look much better. Also, all of these shots are from planes... MOST PEOPLE will view this building from street level and that mast will look perfect. Also, from even a short distance... particularly at night... the mast will appear solid like this:

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by jmatero; April 23rd, 2013 at 03:06 AM.
jmatero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:04 AM   #44633
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2913

I like the industrial look on 4 Times Squares mast. It's a real shame that it's barely visable from my window.

L.A.F.2., nycaddict, dipstraughtnia liked this post
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM   #44634
BeLogical
BANNED

Likes (Received): 99

The antenna on this building is quite unattractive.
BeLogical no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:16 AM   #44635
Coddington
... Coddi ...

Likes (Received): 262

At least you can see Manhattan from your windows!
All that I can see is that:

Twitter: @NonoTwitte
Coddington no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:21 AM   #44636
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
I like the industrial look on 4 Times Squares mast. It's a real shame that it's barely visable from my window.
It's a shame it's a little farther than that from my window . I can't agree more. I absolutely love Conde Nast's antenna. Completes the most attractive deconstructivist skyscraper in the world, and one of my top 10 skyscrapers of any style on the planet, believe it or not. If 1WTC's antenna looks like that, I'll be more than satisfied. I'm going to wait until temporary platforms are removed before I decide if I like it or not. Grossly tall antennae look flat lout stunning and overwhelmingly high at night, which is what I know I love about this one's antenna. I'd remember that, all those who have already decided if they like it or not.

iiConTr0v3rSYx liked this post
L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:57 AM   #44637
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

I can see the spire poking above the hills from places I have never seen it before in Morris County
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:09 AM   #44638
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Quote:
I think the Camaros are nice by the way.

Yeah, from the roads point of view
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:22 AM   #44639
t94

Likes (Received): 844

I've mentioned this before; anybody looking at the spire will be at least a quarter mile away, considering that's the height of the building. The bumps and ridges and protrusions will not be visible from such a distance. Please, for the love of all that is good chill out. It's like having a bunch of really smart toddlers fight with each other.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:27 AM   #44640
billgates

Likes (Received): 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSkyline117 View Post
I can see the spire poking above the hills from places I have never seen it before in Morris County
When I'm in Morris County, I can only see the building itself and a blurry grey mass above it that is cranes, temporary platform, and spire. Maybe I need to get my eyes checked.
billgates no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center