daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM   #46981
NewYorkSkyline117

Likes (Received): 243

Enough the twin renderings already -_-

PinkFloyd liked this post
NewYorkSkyline117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM   #46982
Zaanstad_1987
Walking Dutchman

Likes (Received): 30

A Twin design with a different position could have been nice, but that's not the case now. The new WTC complex is beautiful, but that also earns its status with tower 2 and 3... they both are very important and are peace of the skylinepuzzle. So I hope there will be enough tenants to start with construction instead of cut in the design to save costs....

Better wait 5 years extra for complete design, than a shorter period for a downsized design. This buildings will stand for a couple of centuries to come!
Zaanstad_1987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #46983
tim1807
faster than buildings

Likes (Received): 5334

Chris Lord

image hosted on flickr

iamtheSTIG liked this post
tim1807 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:17 PM   #46984
cmj2k2

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
Does the enterance already has been finished?
reading this totally f'd with my brain

Joshua Dodd, Alex50 liked this post
cmj2k2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:43 PM   #46985
StuckInASuburb

Likes (Received): 11

I think twin towers going back up would be contradictory to the American goal of moving forward. It would show that we value the past more than the future. If you ask me, the WTC is going down the right path, though it is a slow one.

Joshua Dodd, PinkFloyd liked this post
StuckInASuburb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:00 PM   #46986
t94

Likes (Received): 844

I personally don't mind Twin 1 WTC's, but other people on this forum seem to dislike it, so you should probably stay away from the concept. Sorry to be the guy that opposes free thinking, but it's not getting us anywhere at this point.
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:07 PM   #46987
StuckInASuburb

Likes (Received): 11

I also agree, we should get away from this and focus more on what kind of communication dishes will be used on the rings of 1WTC
StuckInASuburb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:21 PM   #46988
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7072

by drifter32

Kanto, Swiddle liked this post
ajosh821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:23 PM   #46989
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7072

by chrizniz
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:28 PM   #46990
whd13b

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
Ummmm...Eeewwww...No...
That's freakin beautiful!!!!!
whd13b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:09 PM   #46991
whd13b

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike____ View Post
This would have been awesome..

They look amazing together like that! That would have been quite the sight for the Manhattan skyline!

Kanto, windowsofthe, Blacklord, bizkid78, Nexis liked this post
whd13b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM   #46992
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

I completely agree with you, it's a trillion times better than what we're getting
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:13 PM   #46993
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj2k2 View Post
reading this totally f'd with my brain
I lol'd...Hard after reading this

Alex50 liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM   #46994
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1556

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd13b View Post
That's freakin beautiful!!!!!
Not when both have a spire and communication rings.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #46995
windowsofthe

Likes (Received): 291

People tend to forget that the destruction of the twin towers was not in the purpose of moving forward, they were destroyed in an act of terrorism and therefore, rebuilding them has no connection with anyone being attached to the past and whatnot. It has more to do with not letting a bunch of evil tards change the world whenever they please and being proud of what's ours. Rebuilding the twins would have made infinitely much more sense than this new complex in my opinion.

Kanto liked this post
windowsofthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #46996
Kasseilegger
Antwerpenaar

Likes (Received): 171

As a foreigner and one-time-visitor to NYC, I don't agree with the rebuilding of the twins sentiment. I don't think the message to the outside world should be: "Hey, see, you can't hurt us, we've built it again". It should be (and is): "Wow, you've hurt us. Badly. But we're better than you. We can continue moving forward, even if you make it tough on us."

So I absolutely love the fact that it's topped out and looking great.
Kasseilegger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM   #46997
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsofthe View Post
People tend to forget that the destruction of the twin towers was not in the purpose of moving forward, they were destroyed in an act of terrorism and therefore, rebuilding them has no connection with anyone being attached to the past and whatnot. It has more to do with not letting a bunch of evil tards change the world whenever they please and being proud of what's ours. Rebuilding the twins would have made infinitely much more sense than this new complex in my opinion.
Very well said. Rebuilding the Twin Towers would show strength to the world and respect for the 9/11 vistims. Not rebuilding the Twin Towers shows weakness to the world and oblivion for the 9/11 victims.

At first I didn't want this discussion to grow roots again in this thread but since it is here now anyway I might just as well offer my 2 cents. I think that those who say how the Twin Towers are gone and how they shall never come back are saying this not for other forumers, they're saying it for themselves, to persuade themselves that this defeat of a rebuilding is actually the right thing to do, but it isn't. Unlike the new complex, the Twin Towers were built by people who asked for more and for their memory I will never start to apologize the weaklings who let the terrorists alter the NYC skyline.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:20 PM   #46998
MontanaGuy

Likes (Received): 51

I think it's complete nonsense to believe that any particular design for the replacement of the towers destroyed by terrorists must be based upon some vague concept that the primary purpose of the new design must be to send a message to other terrorists. That's just ridiculous. Terrorists could care less about the architecture of the buildings we're constructing and whether or not we're building another pair of twin towers. Of course they'd love to attack whatever we build which is why so much effort has been made to create a structure that's as safe as we possibly can. This new group of buildings when finally completed will be one of the most attractive clusters of buildings in the world as far as I'm concerned and I for one am tired of the harping about the need to build twin towers. We've already started constructing the other buildings so it's too late to change our plans anyway and 1WTC just by itself is a symbol of our resolve and determination.

Nonoka, PinkFloyd liked this post
MontanaGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:39 PM   #46999
China Hand

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Terrorists could care less about the architecture of the buildings we're constructing
Sadly not the case as The Twin Towers were chosen due to their susceptibility to exactly what happened.

Back to topic:

I hope the lighting does this justice. It seems it will look very stunning at night.
China Hand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:12 PM   #47000
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

You all do nothing but talk about the same thing week after week:
Is the spire really an antenna?
Why not have twins?
Why can't this be MORE then 1776 feet?

They all turn into arguemtns.
But really the why can't we have twins bugs me the most. Listen here, The foundation work is already set and they can't just build another one right on top of the performing arts center, that foundation is set. So there is a 0% chance of any 1WTC twin EVER being built, and if you know that and are still talking about it, you are dumb because you are trying to change what can't be changed. There is one saying that I just love and that is "Don't try and change something you can't" this includes the past. YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST SO WHY KEEP TALKING ABOUT WHAT COULD OF HAPPENED? YOU CANT CHANGE IT!

Now can we actually go a month without any of these arguments breaking out?
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center