daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #48141
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22566

dmb609 on instagram

little universe liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2013, 05:56 AM   #48142
wtcforever
higher than 1wtc

Likes (Received): 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiConTr0v3rSYx View Post
Hard to believe that the late deilvery of papers caused an delay in lighting of a 500ft mast, which could all have been turned on by the drop of a single finger.

Oh well. What more can you expect from the PA?
CRAP!!. Ive been waiting since april for the mast to be litstupid PA!
wtcforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #48143
Tinchake
Heureux ā Paris

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoMini View Post
image hosted on flickr

All rights reserved by CliffPetersonPhotography

What are those stakes? Rockets and fireworks?
Great shot! despite the stakes
Tinchake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #48144
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

somebody said the red spire was photoshopped? If so looks like they should go with it anyway.

Kanto liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #48145
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
somebody said the red spire was photoshopped? If so looks like they should go with it anyway.
there's a photo with the tower and fireworks which someone on SSP edited to make it look like the spire and beacon were lit. This photo by erinalbonal on instagram is the real deal

L.A.F.2., Kanto, bigreach liked this post
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #48146
Tinchake
Heureux ā Paris

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
No way. Some of the lower floors will be turned over to Conde Nast to start building out their offices. But I don't think the first tenants will start moving in till sometime next year. And the observation deck won't be open to the public till early 2015.
So I should settle up only with the Empire State
Tinchake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:13 AM   #48147
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinchake View Post
So I should settle up only with the Empire State
try the top of the Rock, that way you'll have the empire state building in your view.
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM   #48148
L.A.F.2.
Georgia Tech

Likes (Received): 5307

L.A.F.2. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #48149
jmatero

Likes (Received): 64

It's clear that the complainers here did not lose loved ones on, or as a result of, 9-11. As somebody who DID, the completion of this building and the lighting of that beacon is not a technicality. It will represent the completion of a mission we've all been on for years. It is our Eternal Flame. Please have some respect, reflect on what happened at this site, and think of how your words and negativity may be perceived by others.

The beacon shouldn't be lit just because YOU want to see it lit on a certain day. That's the equivalent of wanting to turn on the water to the two voids "just to do it" before the names are mounted and the marble installed. The beacon is mounted, but there are still 8 temporary platforms to be removed, an elevator to be dismantled, glass to be installed, and a crane to come down.

Just my humble perspective.
jmatero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #48150
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9717

@ post #48169 | L.A.F.2. :
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #48151
wtcforever
higher than 1wtc

(disclaimer)I edited thisimage hosted on flickr
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #48152
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traynor View Post
The term "doctored" implies someone trying to pass off an altered image as reality. I ALWAYS clearly state the image is a rendering to give an idea of what it may look like, for the benefit of all the skyscraper fans on these sites. And I DO NOT profit, sell or benefit from the rendering in ANY way.

Fortunately 99% percent of all the hundreds of renderings I have done over the years have elicited only praise from the original photographer. On many occasions photographers have sent me images to have things added or rendered to complete a building. They have even commented how my rendering drove more interest to their websites and their work.

To clear things up. I ALWAYS credit the original photographer with their full name and include a link to THEIR website or photo-gallery page. They are never just screen captures.

Luckily not all photographers are afraid of how the Internet actually works.

If you are a professional photographer and expect to get paid for your work, then I suggest you jealously guard all your images. You should only post on your own business website. You should only post tiny thumbnails with giant watermarks and charge everyone money to purchase the full-size image. If you release images on Flickr for ALL the world to see to see for free, be prepared to lose some control over their use.

Do not worry, I would NEVER use one of your images again. I'll help grateful artists instead.

Dude, chill out, if he doesn't want us using his pictures,deal with it and respect him

http://patrioticvoices.com/index.php

wtcforever liked this post
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #48153
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

NYGuy of SSP is nothing but a tyrant. If any opinion differs his, he will do his best to find a reason to ban you.

http://patrioticvoices.com/index.php

1Filipe1, StrongIsland liked this post
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #48154
wtcforever
higher than 1wtc

wait....... wasnt NYguy banned?
Old July 5th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #48155
StrongIsland

Likes (Received): 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
It's clear that the complainers here did not lose loved ones on, or as a result of, 9-11. As somebody who DID, the completion of this building and the lighting of that beacon is not a technicality. It will represent the completion of a mission we've all been on for years. It is our Eternal Flame. Please have some respect, reflect on what happened at this site, and think of how your words and negativity may be perceived by others.

The beacon shouldn't be lit just because YOU want to see it lit on a certain day. That's the equivalent of wanting to turn on the water to the two voids "just to do it" before the names are mounted and the marble installed. The beacon is mounted, but there are still 8 temporary platforms to be removed, an elevator to be dismantled, glass to be installed, and a crane to come down.

Actually before you make assumptions like that you should probably know I did in fact lose quite a few people in the towers that day so that's kind of a slap in the face to me. I do have a right to state my opinion not only because of that reason but because I'm entitled to that either way. Clearly everyone has a different feeling even though it seems the majority wanted it lit tonight(rightfully so) it's more of the fact that after almost 12 years of them being gone I just want to see this magnificent tower in all it's glory and to me tonight would have been the perfect night. On 9/11 I am mourning, and in no mood to celebrate, the lighting of the beacon and mast is a celebratory event to me and represents what the terrorists wanted to take from is that day, our freedom. Today is all about freedom, the day we really became America, if you feel 9/11 is a better time to celebrate for you then that's cool, but this is how I feel.

Traynor, LadyAmanita liked this post

Last edited by StrongIsland; July 5th, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #48156
eyeofodin

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:

Honestly, 1WTC is not built for the victims of 9/11. It is built to make money. The memorial down below was built for the victims. The building's lights must be turned on because that is what building lights are for. To light up.

Traynor, bigreach liked this post
eyeofodin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #48157
yankee fan for life

Likes (Received): 195

PA failed again what else is new,was hoping to catch the spire being lit from the roof where i work, anyway here is a is video clip of my daytime shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rscvx...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by yankee fan for life; July 5th, 2013 at 08:55 AM.
yankee fan for life no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #48158
Rockmont

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeofodin View Post
Honestly, 1WTC is not built for the victims of 9/11. It is built to make money. The memorial down below was built for the victims. The building's lights must be turned on because that is what building lights are for. To light up.
It was built to replace what rightfully belongs there. A significant landmark, that means so much to not only New York City, but the country. The message is, that terrorists will never deter, or influence how things are done, and what is built.
Rockmont no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #48159
Nordschleife

Likes (Received): 713

Taken 3 hours ago

Old July 5th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #48160
Riley1066

Likes (Received): 521

Quote:

You don't own the building. Our Tax Dollars own it. I want every part of this complex built as fast as is humanly and safely possible. I don't want to wait for anniversaries or anything like that. This whole project is long overdue for being finished.

Kanto, Traynor, bigreach liked this post

Last edited by Riley1066; July 5th, 2013 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Further explanation.
Riley1066 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center