daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #48541
jconyc

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercitirocks View Post
Calling this tower a big disappointment is seriously a bigger disappointment.
There are rooms to say it could've been better but still, this is undeniably the best architecture in the world...
That's not the way to say you love New York City, dude!
Ditto...

Nothing can replace what was lost...or great people who were lost.
To try to is a mistake. We can only remember and cherish what was lost.
We now have a truly elegant building gracing our skyline and more to follow.
It celebrates the strength, resiliency and wisdom of our city.

Kanto liked this post
jconyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #48542
TowerVerre:)

Likes (Received): 1832

New York Projekts and Constructions Video on youtube by me I have much freetime because of the vacations, so there will come more videos like this about chinese cities. You see every skyscraperprojekt which is over 200m tall in this video Please write a commend the video if you find a mistake, Thanks
TowerVerre:) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #48543
Chibears85
MEOW!

Likes (Received): 669

Just SHHHUUUUTTTT UUUUPPP!!!!

if you don't like the building LEAVE THIS ******* THREAD!

Honestly it is NOT THAT HARD. Create a new thread about just how bad the new World Trade Center is and leave all your crap there instead of here! For the own good of the people who actually LIKE THIS THREAD.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT:
The old World Trade Center
If the new WTC is ugly
If the spire should count or not

NOW JUST STOP POSTING THIS CRAP HERE AND LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR OPINION AND LEAVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If it means that I have to create a new thread called 'New World Trade Center circle jerk' then by all means I will...

chaiopen, wtcforever liked this post
Chibears85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #48544
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2984

Sorry, but you're just adding more fuel to the fire.

And the whole "height, height build higher" routine is getting old.

Not all buildings have to be 1,000 FT in the air for them to stick and stand out.

Beautiful architecture, an impact on the skyline and having character is far more important than being a supertall, in some cases.

Such a shame, because I watch videos about the new WTC, and not a single person acknowledges 4 WTC or even 7 WTC. Only the "Freedom tower" name rings out when talking about the new WTC. A name that makes me want to throw up.

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ

TowerVerre:), Nonoka liked this post

Last edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx; July 16th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #48545
NateArchibald
Empire State of Mind

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercitirocks View Post
Calling this tower a big disappointment is seriously a bigger disappointment.
There are rooms to say it could've been better but still, this is undeniably the best architecture in the world...
That's not the way to say you love New York City, dude!
Definitely not the best architecture in the world (not even in NY) but definitely not a disappointment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjmb22/9298267929/
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kellyhafermann/9230417151/
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsuka/9119665170/
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebiblioholic/9104441723/
image hosted on flickr
Old July 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #48546
windowsofthe

Likes (Received): 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears85 View Post
Just SHHHUUUUTTTT UUUUPPP!!!!

if you don't like the building LEAVE THIS ******* THREAD!

Honestly it is NOT THAT HARD. Create a new thread about just how bad the new World Trade Center is and leave all your crap there instead of here! For the own good of the people who actually LIKE THIS THREAD.

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT:
The old World Trade Center
If the new WTC is ugly
If the spire should count or not

NOW JUST STOP POSTING THIS CRAP HERE AND LEARN TO CONTROL YOUR OPINION AND LEAVE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.

If it means that I have to create a new thread called 'New World Trade Center circle jerk' then by all means I will...
Dude.. it's never that serious. People can post whatever they want, it's not their problem if you don't like it.

Kanto, Makaveli96, Mplsuptown, FoxRogue liked this post
windowsofthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #48547
jmatero

Likes (Received): 64

The banter here is so funny. It's like that Groundhog Day movie... I'm right back in 1973 when everyone in NYC was MORTIFIED at the design of the twin towers. New Yorkers absolutely hated those towers when they were built. Two big monoliths that looked NOTHING like ANYTHING in the city. We all thought they looked like giant metal bunkers. People complained they were uninspired and ruined our skyline. And then, around 1975 or so, when they put up the antenna on the north tower, holy CRAP did the complainers come out of the woodwork. I remember being on the Circle Line and people pointing and complaining "How could they put that ugly thing on there????" "Now they look even WORSE!!!" "What a freakin' embarrassment!"

All the same stuff we're reading here. It took TWENTY YEARS...essentially the time for enough New Yorkers to be born into a city where the Twin Towers always existed... for them to be accepted. The same exact thing will happen this time.

In 2034, these buildings will be cherished and considered irreplaceable landmarks in this city. The World Trade Center Site will define the lower Manhattan Skyline. The Twin Towers will vanish into history just like the Singer Building, the old Waldorf Astoria, and Pennsylvania Station. So, assuming this forum is around in 2034, we have another twenty years of complainers to deal with. But, their CHILDREN will LOVE 1 WTC... as much as I do.
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #48548
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3547

OK, this will be my last post on this matter. I've said all I wanted to say but I still would like to add one thing and that is that I absolutely love 1WTC. Just because I don't love absolutely everything about it doesn't mean that I don't like the building as a whole. To make my point clear I will make a sheet about my opinion of this building:

Engineering (1-10 stars - cause engineering is more important than architecture or height): I give it 10 stars
Architecture (1-5 stars): I give it 5 stars
Height (1-5 stars): I give it 2 stars

This means that for me 1WTC has 17 stars out of 20 stars. 12 stars or more means I like a building. 16 stars or more means I absolutely love a building. 17 stars is more than what I gave to any other u/c building except for 432 Park, so hell yeah, I love this building

Vertical_Gotham, Highcliff liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #48549
StrongIsland

Likes (Received): 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post
The banter here is so funny. It's like that Groundhog Day movie... I'm right back in 1973 when everyone in NYC was MORTIFIED at the design of the twin towers. New Yorkers absolutely hated those towers when they were built. Two big monoliths that looked NOTHING like ANYTHING in the city. We all thought they looked like giant metal bunkers. People complained they were uninspired and ruined our skyline. And then, around 1975 or so, when they put up the antenna on the north tower, holy CRAP did the complainers come out of the woodwork. I remember being on the Circle Line and people pointing and complaining "How could they put that ugly thing on there????" "Now they look even WORSE!!!" "What a freakin' embarrassment!"

All the same stuff we're reading here. It took TWENTY YEARS...essentially the time for enough New Yorkers to be born into a city where the Twin Towers always existed... for them to be accepted. The same exact thing will happen this time.

In 2034, these buildings will be cherished and considered irreplaceable landmarks in this city. The World Trade Center Site will define the lower Manhattan Skyline. The Twin Towers will vanish into history just like the Singer Building, the old Waldorf Astoria, and Pennsylvania Station. So, assuming this forum is around in 2034, we have another twenty years of complainers to deal with. But, their CHILDREN will LOVE 1 WTC... as much as I do.
I 1000% agree with you, expect for the fact that the twin towers will vanish into history, I think they will always be remembered and talked about especially in NY. In my opinion 2WTC is what is really going to tie together and define the new WTC (except for 1WTC I guess..)

edtealdi liked this post
StrongIsland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #48550
chris123678

Likes (Received): 143

I'm just curious as to where the moderators are at when all this goes down.

I find it very difficult that some of you can call this site a disappointment when it's not even complete. Not a single building is open for business and the entire complex won't even be complete for years, yet your basing your opinions off of something you've never seen, simply because what is built on the property isn't what you want it to be.

It's just a bunch of useless comments and snide remarks about a complex that isn't even complete. How can you compare the old complex with the incomplete one?

We all have different opinions, but some of you are just ridiculous.

http://patrioticvoices.com/index.php
chris123678 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #48551
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatero View Post

Very good point. However, I have to disagree with you. The twins will never be forgotten like the Singer Building. The Twins and the tragedies behind them will be as profound to history as the American Revolution. The twins will serve as an everlasting symbol marking the moment the entire world changed, in terms of American politics and the American way of life, as well as the world's way of life. Post 911 America (the entire world) has gone through such a dramatic change. I will not digress into politics or national security since it's completely irrelevant to this thread. Nevertheless, this is my point why the Twins will never be forgotten.

NYCrulz liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:47 AM   #48552
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1565

The problem with people is a defiance towards progress and letting go of the past, especially one that is so emotionally powerful and traumatic. If people changed their perspectives and looked at the new WTC as a new renaissance, they might see the beauty in its symbolism and admire the power in the buildings might and the perseverance which built it and holds it together.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #48553
AliP95

Likes (Received): 104

Does anyone know what is going on outside the South entrance? It has been dug up, maybe it is being prepared for pavements/steps up to the entrance.
AliP95 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #48554
iiConTr0v3rSYx
Brooklyn Boy

Likes (Received): 2984

This will probably be my last post for a few weeks, if not, months.

image hosted on flickr

New_York_Skyline By Robert Larsen, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Lower Manhattan and New Jersey by felixvila, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Past and Present | New York Harbor by MichaelTapp, on Flickr

Check this guy out for Monthly updates on the WTC.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3yuNST1YhPioYxJtqJWtQ
iiConTr0v3rSYx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #48555
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9721

Why? Studying perhaps?
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #48556
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanto View Post
OK, this will be my last post on this matter.
I'm holding this to you, Kanto.

Kanto liked this post
Uaarkson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #48557
Skyscrapers144
RISING HIGH

Likes (Received): 1024

1WTC diagram I drew...

You should follow me on...
Twitter
Instagram
Tumblr
Skyscrapers144 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #48558
NYCrulz

Likes (Received): 2400

Gerald Lau

image hosted on flickr

Clint Gorges

image hosted on flickr

gigi_nyc

image hosted on flickr
Old July 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #48559
rickycarter93

Likes (Received): 274

Leaving New York from Newark

Highcliff liked this post

Last edited by rickycarter93; July 17th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
rickycarter93 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #48560
DarkShadows1966
Construction Updater

Likes (Received): 460

Took my time now at JFK Airport, before leaving to Miami and, then, to my home in Santo Domingo, DR...

Here we go:

July 14

July 16

From the Meadowlands Sports Complex in NJ

11th Avenue

------------------------------------------------------
ROCK ME AMADEUS -Falco
Vote here: https://goo.gl/CbXQB7
DarkShadows1966 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center