daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 19th, 2014, 11:37 PM   #53581
SevenStringShred
Apex Predator

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by b5254 View Post
Whatever...they´re still butt ugly.

Totally out of proportion for this tower...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I agree, the port authority, Childs and Libeskind are all idiots. Not to mention Durst who is the real reason the "spire" looks the way it does.
Yep. The ANTENNA is a joke.

Anyone who calls a radio/television broadcast device with guy wires a "spire" is a joke.

The CTBUH is a joke, and damaged its credibility by caving to the political and public pressure and including the antenna in the official height (which I guaranteed was gonna happen long before the building even topped out).

And yes the ANTENNA is butt ugly, especially the way every segment looks completely different than every other segment. Almost any antenna in the world looks better than that monstrosity.

However, you guys know the rules of this thread... anything short of uber-patriotic fawning worship of every last square inch of this building isn't allowed in here! If you aren't in 100% agreement that this is the greatest structure in the history of mankind, then you take your America-hating commie terrorist ass out of this thread and don't ever come back! After all, this is a discussion forum, and as we all know, the textbook definition of "discussion" is everyone being in complete agreement on every single issue. Fall in line, dammit! 'Mericahh!!
SevenStringShred no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #53582
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

Pissed off much?
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:48 PM   #53583
N.Y.C.H

Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenStringShred View Post

Anyone who calls a radio/television broadcast device with guy wires a "spire" is a joke.

The CTBUH is a joke, and damaged its credibility by caving to the political and public pressure and including the antenna in the official height (which I guaranteed was gonna happen long before the building even topped out).

And yes the ANTENNA is butt ugly, especially the way every segment looks completely different than every other segment. Almost any antenna in the world looks better than that monstrosity.

However, you guys know the rules of this thread... anything short of uber-patriotic fawning worship of every last square inch of this building isn't allowed in here! If you aren't in 100% agreement that this is the greatest structure in the history of mankind, then you take your America-hating commie terrorist ass out of this thread and don't ever come back! After all, this is a discussion forum, and as we all know, the textbook definition of "discussion" is everyone being in complete agreement on every single issue. Fall in line, dammit! 'Mericahh!!
Yea but whats the point of saying how much you hate something on a thread? I dislike the Shanghai tower, I'm not going to go over there and write a book on why I don't like it. Grow up.

bigreach liked this post
N.Y.C.H no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2014, 11:53 PM   #53584
Nonoka

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenStringShred View Post

First of all, you seriously need to calm down.

Now, regarding your post - don't you think you're quite a bit exaggerating (to put it mildly)? If you have bothered to read through some of the pages of this thread, you should have realized a lot of people here don't agree on the praise and criticize the design of the tower. Look at the members you've just quoted, are they banned for stating negative things about the spire? No.
Nobody has ever been banned for giving constructive, non-offensive criticism here.

And once again. Calm down.

msl1 liked this post

Last edited by Nonoka; February 19th, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Nonoka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 02:18 AM   #53585
weidncol

This is simply awesome, it's like a sun for NY at night! (This was taken in Rockaway Park, Queens, NY)

(Click for larger image)

A.J.B 22, Informative, billgates liked this post
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 06:12 AM   #53586
bigreach
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2

Likes (Received): 739

If anybody's looking for something to do in their free time, I ordered a 3d 1WTC puzzle, by (not going to mention the name) but it's 501 pieces and stands 3.5ft tall. So far it's given my son and I 2 hours of entertainment. And we're only a 3rd of the way through, something forumer's can do with their families and it's cheap 35USD, and we have ESB next, the quality is "pretty good" just ordered Taipei101 and Chrysler. So those will be on deck. If anyone remembers, I was asking awhile back, if anyone knew a good model or puzzle of skyscrapers, well this is decent, not something I'd display in my basement, but fun none the less, and a good way to spend time with your kids.

Just putting it out there for people wanting to have more skyscraper interaction, and maybe introduce their families to "our" passion.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
bigreach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 07:43 AM   #53587
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
If anybody's looking for something to do in their free time, I ordered a 3d 1WTC puzzle, by (not going to mention the name) but it's 501 pieces and stands 3.5ft tall. So far it's given my son and I 2 hours of entertainment. And we're only a 3rd of the way through, something forumer's can do with their families and it's cheap 35USD, and we have ESB next, the quality is "pretty good" just ordered Taipei101 and Chrysler. So those will be on deck. If anyone remembers, I was asking awhile back, if anyone knew a good model or puzzle of skyscrapers, well this is decent, not something I'd display in my basement, but fun none the less, and a good way to spend time with your kids.

Just putting it out there for people wanting to have more skyscraper interaction, and maybe introduce their families to "our" passion.
I have about 20 of them and can vouch for their quality. Their name is a mix between the word "Puzzle" and the short form of the phrase "Three-Dimensional" and they were once made by a company that has a name that sounds like the sound a frog makes.

1 WTC's exterior elevator is being very SLOWLY removed.

All three of the completed WTC towers can be seen from City Hall Park looming over the actual City Hall and the surrounding buildings.

Sidewalk sheds and closed parks because of the 1 WTC ice problem.

The images are from my blog, http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot.com/

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/

A.J.B 22, billgates, bigreach liked this post
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #53588
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22553

beautiful time lapse.

Black Watch, A.J.B 22, PhillyGuy85 liked this post
Hudson11 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 09:04 AM   #53589
Kyll.Ing.

Likes (Received): 3628

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post

Short question: If you are making a post only to recommend this brand of puzzles, why avoid mentioning its name? I mean, "Hey guys, this is fantastic, but I'm not going to tell you what it is" isn't all that helpful...
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #53590
LadyAmanita

Likes (Received): 236

Yeah, don't be a tease, tell us where we can get one for our very own!
LadyAmanita no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #53591
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7055

ajsilver1966

jbclot

Old February 20th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #53592
Chapelo

Likes (Received): 686

Jesus christ guys, quit being so hush-hush and say it.

It's Puzz 3D by Wrebbit. I have one of their original WTC puzzles.

4npower, A.J.B 22 liked this post
Chapelo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2014, 10:24 PM   #53593
Black Watch
Labore et Scientia

Likes (Received): 2106

image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/12647883263/
©: GT Cube

image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joelrnyc/12639424493/
©: Joel Raskin

image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pertz/12658525995/
©: C.Pertz

image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmarella/12640949173/

image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmarella/12652594383/
©: Patrick Marella

image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dude_no/12647813303/
©: dude no!
Old February 21st, 2014, 12:59 AM   #53594
NYdude

Likes (Received): 38

Interesting, spire and beacon not lit now?
NYdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 01:04 AM   #53595
weidncol

Maybe some maintenance.
Old February 21st, 2014, 01:31 AM   #53596
Janne_H

Likes (Received): 411

Beautiful aerial shots of New York and One World Trade Center.
Old February 21st, 2014, 01:33 AM   #53597
NYdude

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
Maybe some maintenance.
That's what I'm assuming too
NYdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 05:45 AM   #53598
scrapesalot

Likes (Received): 50

I'm getting tired of seeing picture after over-enhanced picture of the outside of the building. Anyone have photo updates of the inside?
scrapesalot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM   #53599
hunser
Steinway to Heaven |¦┆┊

Likes (Received): 5031

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapesalot View Post
I'm getting tired of seeing picture after over-enhanced picture of the outside of the building. Anyone have photo updates of the inside?
Good to know you're getting tired. How about you take some pictures from the inside? I'm sure you can just waltz in, no questions asked. I mean it's just the WTC after all ...
hunser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2014, 12:44 PM   #53600
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7055

biggadav

frankwza

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center