daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 18th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #54021
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.F.2. View Post
Fantastic?
Where ya been? Welcome back Kid A!
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #54022
ajosh821
#TeamFairview

Likes (Received): 7061

martket

matthewkirschner

.D., A.J.B 22, billgates, WSB liked this post
ajosh821 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 04:54 PM   #54023
QUISTO 86

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Watch View Post
image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratedkg/13198204635/
©: NewYorkitecture
Do you think this photo taken at night, with the Woolworth Building and the spire of the One World Trade Center light up ...
QUISTO 86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #54024
QUISTO 86

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Watch View Post
image hosted on flickr

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ratedkg/13198204635/
©: NewYorkitecture
Do you think this photo taken at night, with the Woolworth Building and the spire of the One World Trade Center light up ...
QUISTO 86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 08:59 PM   #54025
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

they're plugging in more of the windows near the base which temporarily had wood in place. Looking closer to completion.

A.J.B 22, iamtheSTIG, DELL181 liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #54026
erkantang

Likes (Received): 186

When will they put the elevator down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
erkantang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2014, 11:52 PM   #54027
LeCom

Likes (Received): 699

1 WTC is at the end of this one

Here, the WTC opens the show, also featuring Jersey City, Long Island City, and Midtown

Seven Miles of New York Skyline - Downtown, Midtown, and Uptown Manhattan. The title might be a tad bit misleading since a piece of the skyline between Downtown and Midtown is missing, but unlike the video above, the scope is from Downtown all the way past 100th St on the Upper East Side. The WTC is all the way at the end, but it has a better and clearer, albeit shakier at times, closeup of antenna features at the end

A.J.B 22 liked this post
LeCom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:04 AM   #54028
onewtclover

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I can't wait until the design for 5 WTC is eventually revealed. Then the complex will truly look complete.
I forgot all about 5 WTC, since the other towers have a strange ability to grab your attention, but some people have given up on 5 WTC now. I still have a little bit of hope that it gets built.
onewtclover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 05:36 AM   #54029
A.J.B 22
Big Pink

Likes (Received): 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkantang View Post
When will they put the elevator down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Once the tenants have finished working on their floors.
A.J.B 22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 07:19 AM   #54030
JeremiahP3

Likes (Received): 5

[IMG]http://oi59.************/10zcrap.jpg[/IMG]
Hey First time posting and just wanted to point out that on The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon they have a model of One World Trade on the set. I just thought it was pretty cool lol

A.J.B 22, gundust, j-biz liked this post
JeremiahP3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:07 PM   #54031
TheEternalCity
LaCittàEterna

Likes (Received): 2

The picture is a bit old, but the colors are simply wonderful http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0051011%29.jpg

A.J.B 22, AlePa2013 liked this post
TheEternalCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:44 AM   #54032
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1677

Originally Posted by NorthernstarSound View Post
The One WTC is surely a great building , personally i am not a fan of ''chinesery'' - glass angles and shiny stuff .. i prefered the boxy grey of the twin towers or the decency of Willis Tower .. What intrigues me the most thou is that we've been given ONE building instead of TWO twins .. both over 400 m! They fullfilled the skyline , look at any picture or video with the twin towers at night and you'll see.. the skyline looks more dense, more ''occupied''. I know .. 2 more towers are gonna rise .. but twin structures have a duality , they create an impression to the hearts, and not cold bloded respect for a cold hearted construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informative View Post
Again, in my most humble opinion, I believe that once the entire site is completed, the 'duality' you see will become present. I do not agree however that we have 'cold hearted construction'. I believe that through both the architectural, financial, economical and engineering challenges of the building itself, the building we have today is as beautiful as it's renders, I would say even better.

This building is being built with an enormous amount of thought behind it. From the architectural and engineering, to the practical and financial aspect. Including having the engineering aspect of the sides of the building being tapered, allowing wind to pass around the building and not through it, so that it does not sway. Whilst also having the architectural element of the building looking like the original World Trade Centre from all four front on sides, yet when viewed at an angle, it's sides are sliced upwards.

If you can imagine viewing ONE WTC with TWO WTC, regardless of completion time, then there is no doubt personally that, that feeling will become present again, especially with the elegance of FOUR WTC and the sharpness of THREE WTC. All completed with the mesmerising WTC Transit hub, the entire site will look phenomenal once finished. You can't judge something that is unfinished personally.

I agree that entire site will have a more integrated and thoughtful ground level plan and flow.

I strongly agree with NortherstarSound, as well, that the current design will not evoke the grand sense of duality and "occupying" the space with unique and bold visuals.

The former look is gone; and sadly could have been restored. Alas, the skyline view with be another midtown-cluster of assorted points on the horizon.
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 12:22 PM   #54033
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 3095

The top is really amazing hey...maybe some lightning has already had a go...

Nonoka liked this post

Last edited by redbaron_012; March 22nd, 2014 at 02:22 PM.
redbaron_012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 03:21 PM   #54034
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthepast View Post
I agree that entire site will have a more integrated and thoughtful ground level plan and flow.

I strongly agree with NortherstarSound, as well, that the current design will not evoke the grand sense of duality and "occupying" the space with unique and bold visuals.

The former look is gone; and sadly could have been restored. Alas, the skyline view with be another midtown-cluster of assorted points on the horizon.
It should come as no surprise that somebody with the handle "keepthepast" would feel this way.

Obviously, nobody's aesthetic opinion is more valuable than another's since it's all a matter of taste. But personally, I think the new complex will actually create more visual "weight" to the downtown cluster, which is good because it'll sure need it when Midtown gets built out (57th St, HY, etc).
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #54035
kiyardo

Likes (Received): 10

Check out this story. I wish I was this kid's Facebook Freind. lol

http://nypost.com/2014/03/20/teen-sn...s-104th-floor/

A New Jersey teen captivated by 1 World Trade Center sneaked out of his home in the dead of night, got past the wall of security — and a sleeping guard — making it all the way up to the spire, The Post has learned.
Scrawny 16-year-old Justin Casquejo crawled through a hole in a Ground Zero fence at about 4 a.m. Sunday and got a lift up the tower from a clueless union elevator operator, even though he had no ID.
He was dropped off on the 88th floor and hiked the stairs up to the 104th floor — where a guard assigned to protect the top of the world’s biggest terror target was sound asleep.
That guard has since been fired.
Casquejo told cops he then climbed up to the roof and made it up to the antenna.

57th&1st, Msradell, Xoltage, A.J.B 22 liked this post
kiyardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:01 PM   #54036
muck308
Just ducky

Likes (Received): 68

16-Year-Old Sneaks to Top of World Trade Center at 4 a.m., Tweets About It

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...er-tweets.html

Quote:
On March 16, Casquejo allegedly crawled through a hole in the fence, took the elevator to the 88th floor sans I.D., and then took the stairs to the 104th floor before slipping onto the roof. “He came here and he ran hog wild,” a worker told the New York Post. The elevator operator has reportedly been reassigned and the guard fired.
Edit: Oh. You beat me to it!
muck308 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:27 PM   #54037
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22572

I hope the guard on the top of the damn building wasn't the only one who got fired.
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #54038
Shakkur98

Likes (Received): 271

http://www.freep.com/article/2014032...d-Trade-Center

The 1,776-foot One World Trade Center is seen on March 11, 2014, in N.Y. / Pablo Martinez Monsivais/Associated Press
A 16-year-old boy bypassed security in the middle of the night and climbed to the top of 1 World Trade Center, the nation’s tallest building, where he apparently took pictures, police said Thursday.
The teen was arrested at 6 a.m. Sunday and charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass, said Joe Pentangelo, a spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which owns the trade center site.

The teen got on the construction site of the nearly completed tower through a 1-foot opening in a fence, Pentangelo said. He then allegedly entered the tower by climbing scaffolding.

The teen eluded a guard on the 104th floor; the guard has since been fired, the spokesman said.

It was not immediately known how the teen got to the 104th floor without being noticed.

Port Authority police arrested him on the premises. His camera and cellphone were seized after authorities obtained a search warrant.

Authorities were still trying to determine the teen’s motive. WABC-TV reported that he took pictures from the top of the building, where he stayed for about two hours.

The investigation was continuing into whether the teen may have entered other parts of the building.

“We take security and these types of infractions very seriously and will prosecute violators,” Joe Dunne, chief security officer for the Port Authority, said in a statement. “We continue to reassess our security posture at the site and are constantly working to make this site as secure as possible.”

The tower is scheduled to open later this year.

When completed, the World Trade Center site will have a $40 million security system, including barriers, guard booths and sally ports, or double-barrier systems creating areas to check vehicles for dangerous materials.

In February, a judge rejected a lawsuit challenging the security plan brought by nearby residents who said it would burden their neighborhood with fortress-like security.

Last edited by Shakkur98; March 20th, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
Shakkur98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM   #54039
loucolu

Likes (Received): 2

Looking epic in that picture with 4 wtc next to it. Hey guys this is random but is there anyway to view just NYC skyscrapers from high rises to super talls? I'm asking because I'm also on SSP and I have a bookmark that loads just NYC related projects. It's great because I can always get the latest update in order of last post. Does this site feature anything similar I could bookmark? I see I can search by tags but this splits up the New York threads since some are tagged as New York City and others are just tagged as New York. Anyway to put the same tag on all projects and constructions posts for New York City?

Last edited by loucolu; March 20th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
loucolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2014, 08:19 PM   #54040
Melb_SuperTall

Likes (Received): 24

If I was a parent of that kid I would obliterate his eardrums with my screaming. It is idiots like him that cause such nanny like security these days (excluding terrorism etc).
Melb_SuperTall no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center