daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #54641
bodegavendetta
everywhere like such as

Likes (Received): 2651

According to this article, taxis can freely enter the complex (given that they are either enrolled in a Trusted Access Program or are a resident living nearby the WTC), and bicycles and pedestrians can freely move about. Still wish they would lighten up the security but at least the NYPD is lightening up a little bit...

http://www.downtownexpress.com/2014/...r-on-security/

Zaz965 liked this post
bodegavendetta no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:32 PM   #54642
Mercenary

Likes (Received): 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-biz View Post
20 more panels till the tower looks basically complete from most angles.

It looks really dirty, like its caked in dust.
Mercenary no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #54643
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

I'm sure they'll get around to cleaning it sooner or later

It looks really cool in that shot, very futuristic, like something you'd see in Shanghai or Tokyo.

A.J.B 22 liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 11:26 PM   #54644
weidncol
WTC Enthusiast/Researcher

Likes (Received): 4623

fotografia sb

jnx22

G Ruby

Last edited by weidncol; May 14th, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #54645
SparkyyHD
New York City

Likes (Received): 23

Will the small bolts against certain windows be removed at some point?
SparkyyHD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #54646
weidncol

Of course, however I don't know when exactly. I'd have to image it would be pretty soon.

SparkyyHD liked this post
weidncol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 04:30 AM   #54647
tone99loc

Likes (Received): 23

cool shot of 99 park place in that aerial - 99 park (aka 30 church) is the under construction building in orange next to woolworth - when it tops off it will be 926 ft - about 134 feet taller than woolworth
tone99loc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 07:50 AM   #54648
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone99loc View Post
cool shot of 99 park place in that aerial - 99 park (aka 30 church) is the under construction building in orange next to woolworth - when it tops off it will be 926 ft - about 134 feet taller than woolworth
937 feet
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM   #54649
tinyslam

Likes (Received): 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone99loc View Post
I believe you have the numbers switched. AFAIK it's 30 Park Place or 99 Church St. Either way it is definitely a cool building that just got the first couple pieces of its limestone cladding.
tinyslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #54650
Gabriel900
Super Mod

Likes (Received): 28968

Wils 888

streetscapeer, A.J.B 22, Swiddle liked this post
Gabriel900 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:26 AM   #54651
mattpugs

Likes (Received): 20

I was wondering if someone could help me in regards to crediting photos with some page on FB here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-W...77496392263633

It's a One World Trade Center page and the Admin of the page "swears" he has an exclusive deal and rights with skyscrapercity.com to post photos to the page without giving credit to photographers. How the hell is this possible? If all images here are posted with credit linking back to the original image how does he get to do this? He says he doesn't has to and instead of removing images he argues with photographers and blocks them from the page. This is the comment he made regarding this site:

Quote:
NEWEST RUMORS!

I steal photograpers pictures.

All the pictures I use are from a special page and I have an agreement with this page (FOR YEARS) to use all the pictures for our facebook page. If someone wants me to tag them in THEIR pictures I can do it.
All I want to know is why credit is being given where credit is due. With all due respect to the building and all it stands for as a photographer I want credit. I want my fellow photographers credited. I have had numerous WTC photos posted in this thread and have ALWAYS been credited. So what makes this FB page so different and if it has nothing to do with this forum than he his discrediting you as much as us photographers.
mattpugs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:37 AM   #54652
4npower
Rooftop Shooter

Likes (Received): 989

Not sure what the deal is with that Facebook page, or who admins it, but I know for certain, that some of the pics posted there have been posted here first. I know, because a few of them were used on my laptop as background pics and then a few days or weeks later, they were posted on that Facebook page.
4npower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:42 AM   #54653
mattpugs

According to him he has a deal with this forum to post them on that page without credit...I don't care that they are posted. Just want to see credit returned to the photographers. He posted up some earlier in the week, made it his cover photo, profile image, whatever. When the photographer contacted him asking for him to credit it or remove it he got all pissy and blocked the photographer than made that ridiculous post.
Old May 16th, 2014, 03:46 AM   #54654
j-biz
rasorio caelum civitatem

Likes (Received): 2793

Hi Matt. Thanks for bringing this up. As it turns out, one of my own pictures is on this guy's Facebook page!! He even stole my caption word for word. 33 likes, too. Not bad.

In all seriousness, I just did a close read of all the SSC policies, and nowhere does it say anything about photos posted here being owned by SSC. Nor does it even have a clause about licensing. So whatever "deal" this guy has, if one exists at all, isn't worth crap. I would report him to Facebook.

EDIT: Hate to say it, but there's another similar page that also doesn't credit any photos. Some very similar material here as well: https://www.facebook.com/oneworldtra...erfreedomtower

Last edited by j-biz; May 16th, 2014 at 04:07 AM.
j-biz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:38 AM   #54655
mattpugs

Oh we hammered him with Facebook reports...the page was actually taken down for roughly 2.5 days. It came back this afternoon and a handful of photos were removed from photographers who complained about it. Just irritates the hell out of me that he keeps talking about whatever deal he has like he is king.

I told him all he had to do was either credit the photographer or remove their images after they asked. Instead he throws a fit and blocks people...pathetic. I know in the digital age we live in nothing is safe, our images can and do go everywhere.
Old May 16th, 2014, 04:40 AM   #54656
weidncol

On both of those pages, I see photos I've posted on here, except I actually give credit where credit is due. People like that are just pathetic.
Old May 16th, 2014, 05:58 AM   #54657
WorldTradeCenterKid
WorldTradeCenterKid

Likes (Received): 172

i was just at the world trade center today and i got to walk infront of one world trade center by its west plaza. it was a great experience
WorldTradeCenterKid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #54658
weidncol

They opened the West Plaza?
Old May 16th, 2014, 06:21 AM   #54659
WorldTradeCenterKid
WorldTradeCenterKid

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
They opened the West Plaza?
not the plaza. the sidewalk next to it. they still have the plaza fenced in. it looks great up close.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...ideo_processed
WorldTradeCenterKid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2014, 12:19 PM   #54660
phoenixboi08

Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpugs View Post
Oh we hammered him with Facebook reports...the page was actually taken down for roughly 2.5 days. It came back this afternoon and a handful of photos were removed from photographers who complained about it. Just irritates the hell out of me that he keeps talking about whatever deal he has like he is king.

I told him all he had to do was either credit the photographer or remove their images after they asked. Instead he throws a fit and blocks people...pathetic. I know in the digital age we live in nothing is safe, our images can and do go everywhere.
A wonderful thing to do is just have everyone comment with their image and date/name/etc

If he won't credit it, do it for him.
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center