daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #5981
kon133

Likes (Received): 10

W Ground Zero prace nabrały tępa przy budowie Memorialu a dokładniej rozpoczyna się zabudowa tzw. Wanny i budowa basenów tam gdzie stały podstawy Twin Towers:

Quote:
Have swindled zero in (to) at structure dull work Ground Memorialu but building is started exactly so called bathtub and there structure of basin where bases become Twin Towers

Last edited by kon133; September 14th, 2008 at 07:21 PM.
kon133 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #5982
hellrazor650

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsu View Post

beautiful
hellrazor650 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #5983
NewYorkForever2016

Likes (Received): 0

amazing

New York Freedom Tower (1 World Trade Center) Vs Shanghi World Finance Center + With Poll : Go to
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=691670

Obama/Biden 2008
NewYorkForever2016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #5984
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

Will the floorplates of the new Freedom Tower be smaller that the old 1 WTC?

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #5985
Louman

probably the higher you go. The top floor doesn't look like it's as big as an acre like the floors of the WTC towers.
Louman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:45 AM   #5986
kazetuner
Perito Mercantil XD

Likes (Received): 38

the footprint is going to be the same than the old towers, 200x200 feet i think, then it get smaller
kazetuner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM   #5987
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Correct. It is the same size at the base then tapers.

It seems on the webcam that there has been some serious rebar work going on in the southern core.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #5988
NewYorkForever2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvid01 View Post
Correct. It is the same size at the base then tapers.

It seems on the webcam that there has been some serious rebar work going on in the southern core.
I don't know whats up with the North core, the south core has gone up well but the north core has just stayed there since february. Does anyone know whats up with that?

New York Freedom Tower (1 World Trade Center) Vs Shanghi World Finance Center + With Poll : Go to
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=691670

Obama/Biden 2008
NewYorkForever2016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #5989
fooddude
BANNED

Likes (Received): 15

two of those new freedom towers would be awesome instead of the wtc2. Instead make the wtc2 the wtc3 after the two identical freedom towers.
fooddude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #5990
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkForever2016 View Post
I don't know whats up with the North core, the south core has gone up well but the north core has just stayed there since february. Does anyone know whats up with that?
The northern core's footprint goes over the PATH tracks, thereby complicating it's rise because it has to be reinforced in order for the core to put its full weight dispersment over the PATH tracks.

In other words it is taking longer because they have to use a lot of rebar and steel, sort of like a setback (think of the Chicago Trump Tower for reference). Also hours of construction over the PATH tunnel are limited to weekends as it has to continue running.

Speaking of which it seems as formwork of the northern core has been put upright and maybe a sign that there will be a pour, considering they are due for one soon.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #5991
RKOwens

Quote:
Memorial Plaza trees. Slides were shown of the trees currently growing in New Jersey. Godspeed, little trees, and we'll see you here soon.
Hopefully they'll learn their lesson from the trees at the Pentagon memorial. I was there for its dedication on the 11th and the trees were very disappointing, only about 10 feet tall and looked very unhealthy. I overheard many other visitors expressing the same kind of disappointment. Otherwise, the memorial was/is great. A sign at the Pentagon said that the trees were just adjusting to their transplantation and that they should be healthy and taller by next spring. Hopefully the memorial will be around for hundreds of years, so actually I guess we shouldn't expect the trees to look beautiful just a few weeks after they were planted. (I'd post some pics, but they'd probably get deleted anyway for being off-topic.)
RKOwens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #5992
backupcoolmen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens View Post
Hopefully they'll learn their lesson from the trees at the Pentagon memorial. I was there for its dedication on the 11th and the trees were very disappointing, only about 10 feet tall and looked very unhealthy. I overheard many other visitors expressing the same kind of disappointment. Otherwise, the memorial was/is great. A sign at the Pentagon said that the trees were just adjusting to their transplantation and that they should be healthy and taller by next spring. Hopefully the memorial will be around for hundreds of years, so actually I guess we shouldn't expect the trees to look beautiful just a few weeks after they were planted. (I'd post some pics, but they'd probably get deleted anyway for being off-topic.)
i think they are amazing, i love the trees, and the air is made way fresher, which kind of makes the experience a little better, and after a while the trees will grow out and create a cloak on hot days, and make it more peaceful, i love the idea
backupcoolmen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:31 AM   #5993
cmjohns6

Likes (Received): 7

there is an article about the new WTC in the october issue of Esquire. Even they point out how slow it is... and there are two smaller articles on the burj dubai and chicago spire.
cmjohns6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:54 AM   #5994
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

Esquire?

Thats even less reason to listen to their viewpoint regarding the construction speed of this. If they are pointing out how long its taken to get to this final phase including the other designs they didnt go with, and the beaucracy that had to be gone through for years now then its already widely known and they are just regurgitating this as their view-point.

Things are actually speeding up as far as the speed of the construction, and overall this isnt moving all that slowly considering the incredible amount of infra-structure being constructed just under the tower footprints. Probably one of the more complicated office tower construction projects anywhere on the planet currently when you take everything into consideration. Also, they are not ******* around when they build up the cores of these towers!!!

These core walls (I read a while back) are going to be from 3 ft thick (up to 6ft in some areas of the FT core) - They are including the latest and greatest technology as far as most of the safety features are concerned - pressurized stair ways, fireman's lifts, etc...
Old September 17th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #5995
ominorg
At méxico city

Likes (Received): 353

why there are no pictures??? so much text and as I don't speak english very well (as you can note it) i don't really understand well what it's happening.

In quexquichcauh maniz cemanahuatl,ayc pollihuiz yn itenyo yn itauhcain Mexico-Tenochtitlan
Los científicos estudian el mundo tal como es, los ingenieros crean el mundo que nunca ha sido.
ominorg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #5996
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ominorg View Post
why there are no pictures??? so much text and as I don't speak english very well (as you can note it) i don't really understand well what it's happening.
http://www.joewoolhead.blogspot.com/

http://www.wtc.com/media/images/

http://www.earthcam.net/users2/inter...2&clientid=158
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #5997
Northerly

Great pics in the blog > http://www.joewoolhead.blogspot.com/

Thanks for posting that link!
Northerly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 05:15 AM   #5998
stewartrama
the stoop- little jackie

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by backupcoolmen View Post
i think they are amazing, i love the trees, and the air is made way fresher, which kind of makes the experience a little better, and after a while the trees will grow out and create a cloak on hot days, and make it more peaceful, i love the idea
the trees dont keep their leaves in the winter so its gonna b baron
stewartrama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2008, 06:37 AM   #5999
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

tree still look pretty good in the winter. Anyway I haven't had much to say in days, the work speak for it's self. Things look to becoming along nicely.
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:09 AM   #6000
who'surdaddy
BANNED

Oh, it fits so nice

I think the WTC fits in perfectly in the NYC skyline. I love the design, it actually looks like a building as opposed to a giant pole whereas I have seen in some others. Some of them super super talls are just that, tall and they dont fit in to the skyline. I cant wait for chicago to get that ugly spire, it will ruin there skyline. Anyone (listen up Dubai) can put a very tall pole in the middle of their skyline but does it really make the skyline better. Some take away from their skyline, because it makes all of the other buildings look tiny. Good job NYC, we dont have to have the biggest building, because we have the nicest skyline...
who'surdaddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center