daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 18th, 2008, 09:42 PM   #6021
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

get the idea but would be pointless.

However it could actually look quite good in someways.
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #6022
dfrench8456
A Beast A Problem

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2 View Post
That would deffinetly look be really cool but you cant just make a skyscraper because it looks cool theres no need for two of them.
dfrench8456 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM   #6023
Viperfreak2
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

No disagreements: Ain't gonna happen, and is still a good idea if only to make a statement.
Viperfreak2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #6024
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
That would deffinetly look be really cool but you cant just make a skyscraper because it looks cool theres no need for two of them.
Why do you say this? The total office space of WTC 1, 2, 3 and 4 is a good bit more than two WTC 1's would be so if twins of FT were built the others could just be scaled back to give the same amount of office space. I realize it's too late for that now but it certainly would have been done.
Old September 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM   #6025
NYCboy1212
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2 View Post
they have it like that in the movie Click

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...ision%26cd%3D1
NYCboy1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 04:57 AM   #6026
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

You could wish for them to build 4 of these things ain't gonna happen. Or should say not going to happen. Just be happy with what you got. I pray to god they'd change the first design. And thank him when they did. I never thought, maybe they should build two. One was good enough for me.
Old September 19th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #6027
Northerly

Likes (Received): 0

Never going to happen, but it would answer the question that will be asked for a long time after FT is finished... "Nice. But where is the other one?" !!
Northerly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:05 AM   #6028
EnDleSsWaLtZ

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
You could wish for them to build 4 of these things ain't gonna happen. Or should say not going to happen. Just be happy with what you got. I pray to god they'd change the first design. And thank him when they did. I never thought, maybe they should build two. One was good enough for me.
LOL I hear you man.
EnDleSsWaLtZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:13 AM   #6029
choyak

Likes (Received): 19

And only one tower should have a spire.
choyak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #6030
SJM

Likes (Received): 119

if they were going to build 2 FT's like that they should be 1776ft to the roof, no spires. Now that would look awesome!
SJM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #6031
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Last edited by Ebola; September 19th, 2008 at 01:39 PM.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #6032
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

Governor places Calatrava station ahead of W.T.C. towers

ok guys here we go, latest updates from governor....

Gov. David Paterson laid out his priorities for ground zero the day after the seventh anniversary of the attacks, and he broke with the city and some community leaders in the order of his list.

Paterson placed the World Trade Center PATH hub designed by Santiago Calatrava above the Freedom Tower and Silverstein Properties office buildings. That’s the reverse of the priorities Deputy Mayor Robert Lieber identified to Downtown Express two months ago and repeated last week.

“Lower Manhattan is a serious hub of transportation, which if developed correctly can again accommodate [people’s] needs,” Paterson said Friday during a speech to the New York Building Congress. “There will be more of us and more places to go.”

Like Lieber and nearly everyone else involved in the rebuilding effort, Paterson placed the memorial at the top of his list.

“It’s priority and having a plan,” Paterson said, describing how the site will get rebuilt. “It’s following the steps of the plan, and if there are obstacles, being honest about it, and being honest with the public.”

Paterson took a step toward that honesty when he asked the Port Authority for a realistic set of ground zero budgets and timetables earlier this summer. The Port will have answers for Paterson and the public by the end of the month.

After his speech Friday, Paterson gave his first direct response to Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s request that the governor shutter the city-state Lower Manhattan Development Corporation. Bloomberg wanted to transfer the L.M.D.C.’s rebuilding functions to the city, and he particularly wanted to relieve the L.M.D.C. of its responsibility for the long-delayed demolition of the former Deutsche Bank building.

“I do understand the perspective of how we could close down the L.M.D.C. and also in a sense how we would get the Deutsche Bank building down as soon as possible,” Paterson said.

However, since the L.M.D.C. receives federal funding, the city-state agency will have to remain in existence at least on paper, Paterson said. Bloomberg acknowledged as much in his essay in The Wall Street Journal, where his comments on the L.M.D.C. first appeared.

“Legally, I don’t think the state can disband the L.M.D.C., but at our next biweekly meeting I’m going to ask Mayor Bloomberg to come in and show us how that would be possible,” Paterson said. “Also, the way the L.M.D.C. works, there are resources becoming available that we’d have to give up to shut the L.M.D.C. down. And so we don’t think that’s an immediate decision that we’d like to make.”

Paterson said that while he and Bloomberg may not be in agreement about the L.M.D.C., he is glad to hear new ideas and see more energy focused on ground zero rebuilding.

“To me, that’s a change from what must have been going on in last seven years,” Paterson said.

He also said that while meeting with the mayor this summer, they discussed how “mutually agitated” they were that the memorial was behind schedule.

Bloomberg isn’t the first person to suggest closing the L.M.D.C. — former Gov. George Pataki wanted to dismantle the agency before he left office in 2006, but he failed to do so.

Paterson joked that he has spent much of his first six months as governor listening to people tell him that he should achieve the things New York’s past governors failed to do.

“Everyone says to me, ‘Gov. Pataki said he was going to do this and Gov. Spitzer said he was going to do that, therefore you have to do it,’” Paterson said.

“No,” he concluded, drawing a laugh from the crowd of construction professionals, “that’s not true.”

http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_28...norplaces.html

BY September 29 they should release a new report about changes to the public.

also read this if you interested: http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...still-hanging/

Last edited by webeagle12; September 19th, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #6033
ScraperDude
lagom

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
Not to mention they would have twin cousins up in Regina
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #6034
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

the rebars on the south side of the south core is getting very dense whereas the rebars on the north core is never appearing. I think south core will rise again before north core rises next time.
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #6035
devilsadvocate

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCboy1212 View Post
they have it like that in the movie Click

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevide...ision%26cd%3D1
Iw ould really love that!
New York was dominated by the twin towers and should be again in the future!
It was so cool, to have the Freedom twin-tower. Looks more majestically.
Maybe they gonna build twin towers anywhere else in the city?! Maybe on the old railyard?
devilsadvocate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #6036
metsfan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by backupcoolmen View Post
COOL, if you could go down to the grocery store at the basement in the time warner center, it is awesome and delicious, can you take pictures of the progress of the building under construction near the time warner center it is right next to it
Not going that far north next week, perhaps the week after that.

Yes, whole foods has really good stuff & i have been there once to get movie snack & lunch before going to a theater on 42nd st.

- A
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #6037
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
christos-greece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #6038
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

honestly, i have thought about it for a while now, and have to admit, it looks good solitary! it makes a bold statement as it stands there by itself. i think it is great to have the one tall tower there.
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #6039
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
....Gov. David Paterson laid out his priorities for ground zero the day after the seventh anniversary of the attacks, and he broke with the city and some community leaders in the order of his list.

Paterson placed the World Trade Center PATH hub designed by Santiago Calatrava above the Freedom Tower and Silverstein Properties office buildings. That’s the reverse of the priorities Deputy Mayor Robert Lieber identified to Downtown Express two months ago and repeated last week.

“Lower Manhattan is a serious hub of transportation, which if developed correctly can again accommodate [people’s] needs,” Paterson said Friday during a speech to the New York Building Congress. “There will be more of us and more places to go.”

Like Lieber and nearly everyone else involved in the rebuilding effort, Paterson placed the memorial at the top of his list...

http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_28...norplaces.html

So, more delays?
I can cheat you blind.

AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #6040
NYCboy1212
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Iw ould really love that!
New York was dominated by the twin towers and should be again in the future!
It was so cool, to have the Freedom twin-tower. Looks more majestically.
Maybe they gonna build twin towers anywhere else in the city?! Maybe on the old railyard?
they have twins in columbus circle

NYCboy1212 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center