daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 12th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #601
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

I already said that it is very likely that the first tower crane will be up by Friday and all I know that is all of the foundation beams will be up after spring; the whole entire foundation and sublevels won't be done for six or seven more months, but after that, it will go very fast. They are going to have to connect the building to the WFC and PATH hub, if I recall correctly.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 12th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #602
rogerick1970
BANNED

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
I already said that it is very likely that the first tower crane will be up by Friday and all I know that is all of the foundation beams will be up after spring; the whole entire foundation and sublevels won't be done for six or seven more months, but after that, it will go very fast. They are going to have to connect the building to the WFC and PATH hub, if I recall correctly.
Thanks.....We all keep saying that this tower is taking so long, but Im just putting into perspective. This tower will be equivelant in wideness, and in height of the old WTC. Never saw it in person, but looking at the pictures, I can see that it was massive.

My oh my, cant wait to see this building rise
rogerick1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 02:42 AM   #603
Ebola
BANNED

If you count the massive ring on top as part of the roof, at 1,400', it is around 50 feet taller than the Twin Towers (without counting the spire). Because of this tower's design, I bet it will look much taller than the Twins ever did. All of the new towers in the area will make one hell of a skyline, bigger and more impressive than before.

123 Washington and Tower 5 seem to be missing from that model. Because towers 2, 3, and 4 are blocking each other, it looks like there are only two massive towers in there. I would like to see a render from the Brooklyn Bridge and Staten Island Ferry.

The number of floors in the title should be changed to 102.

Last edited by Ebola; April 12th, 2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old April 12th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #604
rogerick1970
BANNED

Any updates?
Old April 13th, 2007, 02:13 AM   #605
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

I haven't posted pics on SSC for a while. How you guys doing?

So what we have here, Im near positive is the beginnings of the central core. thats right. whoop and holla.

Plus some more. Forgive the quality, some are taken through a protective netting.

Highcliff liked this post
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #606
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04102007...eve_cuozzo.htm
A LEAK TO CHINA

FOREIGN FIRM GOT TIPOFF

April 10, 2007 -- A COMPANY effectively controlled by the government of China got a heads-up on major Ground Zero news in February, according to my sources.

The American press and public were kept in the dark - but Beijing Vantone, the Chinese real-estate-development company, got word of Gov. Spitzer's surprise decision to green-light the Freedom Tower.

Public officials categorically denied tipping off Vantone or even knowing of Spitzer's decision before he announced it on Feb. 20. Vantone's New York-based representative also denies the account. But my sources say Vantone was told by someone that Spitzer would back the Freedom Tower - which he once called a "white elephant" and was expected to further delay or cancel.

The sources say the tipoff was the real reason Vantone shocked the real-estate world by pulling out of a signed lease at 195 Broadway, one block east of Ground Zero.

Vantone has long wanted to set up a "China Center" at the top of the Freedom Tower, but had given up on the idea when the project seemed destined to spin its wheels indefinitely.

It first sought an alternative home at Larry Silverstein's new 7 World Trade Center, but that deal fell apart last summer. It then began negotiations for 195 Broadway, and signed the lease with the building owners in early February.

Several days later, however, Vantone said it couldn't get the necessary letter of credit. That killed the deal - one week before Spitzer publicly endorsed the Freedom Tower.

That left the owners of 195 Broadway, a city landmark with an illustrious history, still seeking a user for the building's top floors. It also cost Downtown the move-in of a prestigious company. Even if Vantone takes space in the Freedom Tower, it'll be years down the road.

The primary fault lies with Vantone for breaking a signed lease, no matter what its reasons - a lesson the Port Authority should keep in mind as it talks to the company about a possible Freedom Tower lease.

But that doesn't excuse the big mouth that leaked the news.

My sources' account is highly credible, for several reasons. First, the timing of Vantone's retreat from 195 Broadway is otherwise inexplicable. Second, it's not a single account: Several well-informed executives say flatly, but not for attribution, that that was what happened.

Meanwhile, Vantone's account is highly dubious. It simply blamed the deal-breaking failure to produce the letter of credit on its bank in China - which is another government-controlled business. (That failing was perhaps the only way Vantone could get out of its lease without being sued for breach of contract.)

The pullout from 195 Broadway embarrassed two prominent New Yorkers in Vantone's camp - Kathryn Wylde, the president of the Partnership for New York City, who has counseled Vantone on launching China Center here, as well as its real-estate broker, Peter Riguardi, the regional president of Jones Lang LaSalle.

Few involved will speak for the record. The Port Authority acknowledges meeting with Vantone officials "several times" to discuss Vantone's interest in 400,000 square feet in the Freedom Tower before Spitzer publicly endorsed the project. But the PA denies knowing at those times that the governor would bless the tower, much less telling Vantone that he would.

A source close to the Empire State Development Corp./Downstate similarly denies any such heads-up was given to Vantone at a Feb. 7 meeting that included ESDC Chairman Patrick J. Foye.

But Vantone could've also gotten word from any of several prominent individuals active in Downtown rebuilding and planning - people who don't work for the state or the PA, but who said they knew in advance of Spitzer's change of heart.

The Post first reported Vantone's lease-breaking at 195 Broadway on Feb. 20, the same day Spitzer declared he'd go ahead with the Freedom Tower. But Vantone actually scuttled the deal a week earlier, when it told the building's shocked owners that it couldn't produce the credit letter despite promises from its chairman, Fen Lung.

Despite Vantone's unreliable track record, the PA would love to land it as a Freedom Tower tenant. Vantone's stated purpose - to be "the unequivocal center of Chinese corporate and cultural life in New York City" - justifies the name "World Trade Center" in way that the tower's only current prospective tenants - U.S. and state government bureaucracies - simply don't.

A Vantone move into the top 10 floors, which the company wants, would also take care of the tower's priciest, hardest-to-rent portion, and might help allay other companies' fears of another terrorist attack.

With so much at stake for the Freedom Tower, the bellwether of Ground Zero commercial renewal, it seems almost reasonable to spot Vantone every benefit of the doubt. But it shouldn't mean giving them an unfair advantage at the rest of Downtown's expense.

[email protected]

TalB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:27 AM   #607
BuffaloKid290
Let's Go Buffalo!

Likes (Received): 2

i just want to say that this tower is absolutely gorgeous...and i cant wait for it to be completed. stunning.

but...what is that disc/UFO thingy on the roof?

and i like how the beam of light is cast outta the spire, and the height is 1776 feet. all good things.

BuffaloKid290 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #608
Rizzato
Blue Collar

Likes (Received): 49

downtown manhattan will look so incredible.
think about it, the 4 new WTC buildings, goldman sachs, and jp morgan all seem to be starting a renaissance or somethin down there. it's like a mini boom.

Rizzato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 04:42 PM   #609
tobyas333

Likes (Received): 16

The crane is rising and it's almost complete

tobyas333 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 06:24 PM   #610
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzato View Post
downtown manhattan will look so incredible.
think about it, the 4 new WTC buildings, goldman sachs, and jp morgan all seem to be starting a renaissance or somethin down there. it's like a mini boom.
NY has a boom all the time. think always are over 50 buildings with over 12F UC

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #611
Ebola
BANNED

LET'S HAVE A PARTY! The HD cam is back and it's LIVE!!!!

http://www.earthcam.net/users2/inter...2&clientid=158

Look at all of that progress. ;p (GS Tower too!)

I see the next parts of the tower crane waiting on the ground.

The cantilevered WTC Tower 5!!! I wonder how tall it would be. Ha, I like it, but I doubt it would look like that.

Info:
http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_20...enowvital.html

Last edited by Ebola; April 13th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old April 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #612
Adam2707

Likes (Received): 103

That HD cam is amazing!, they should have one on every major development.

Will you be able to see all the towers being constructed in that cam?

Adam2707 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #613
Ebola
BANNED

Tower 5 is fully cut off, but you can see the memorial, PATH Hub, and large sections of towers 2, 3, and 4, and half of the GS Tower. They need to put up another cam facing the other way to get everything.
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #614
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
LET'S HAVE A PARTY! The HD cam is back and it's LIVE!!!!

http://www.earthcam.net/users2/inter...2&clientid=158

Look at all of that progress. ;p (GS Tower too!)

I see the next parts of the tower crane waiting on the ground.

The cantilevered WTC Tower 5!!! I wonder how tall it would be. Ha, I like it, but I doubt it would look like that.

Info:
http://www.downtownexpress.com/de_20...enowvital.html
can't belive it

ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #615
FastFerrari
I double dog dare you!!!

Likes (Received): 32

this seems to be the most visable activity for some time....nice to see a crane going up along with a core somewhat being errected....thanks for the photos...its amazaing the HD CAM is back from the dead...along with the site...

FastFerrari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #616
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
this seems to be the most visable activity for some time....nice to see a crane going up along with a core somewhat being errected....thanks for the photos...its amazaing the HD CAM is back from the dead...along with the site...
The site was never dead. Stop being so dense.

ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #617
rogerick1970
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy88 View Post
I haven't posted pics on SSC for a while. How you guys doing?

So what we have here, Im near positive is the beginnings of the central core. thats right. whoop and holla.

Plus some more. Forgive the quality, some are taken through a protective netting.

So what are the little boards that are on the cassions for? Is where the crane is, the place where the building will rise?

Old April 14th, 2007, 02:20 AM   #618
rogerick1970
BANNED

Nothing to do with the Freedom, but this puts the icing on the cake you guys for an already delightful day at the WTC site

RENTS CRASH THROUGH ROOF

By LOIS WEISS

New York Post Online Edition

The law firm of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is hot on 7 World Trade Center.

The industry is buzzing about a possible deal for around 450,000 feet that would effectively fill up the 52-story, Silverstein Properties-owned tower.

Cleary Gottlieb currently has roughly the same amount of space across from Ground Zero at the 2.1 million-foot One Liberty Plaza, as well as two smaller outposts in Midtown of around 10,000 feet each. The lease at One Liberty Plaza is up in 2010.

Barry Gosin and Moshe Sukenik of Newmark Knight Frank are representing the law firm, while CB Richard Ellis handles the agency for Silverstein Properties.

They all declined comment.

Cleary Gottlieb is said to also be looking at other buildings.

Yesterday, Silverstein announced that Moody's Corp. has agreed to occupy two additional floors at the tower totaling 80,000 feet, making its total commitment 670,000 feet.

Meanwhile, DRW Commodities has signed on for 8,568 feet on the tower's 34th floor.

Copyright 2007 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved.

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning

By the way, do they work on Saturday's?
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #619
Merovingian

Likes (Received): 1

It's great to finally see some action on this site. The amount of anticipation must be huge!

Interesting news about the Chinese firm Vantone getting wind of the approval of Freedom Tower before the American public...

Also, those 6 brown beams on the southern face of Freedom Tower, does it span the entire face of he tower, or is it only partial? If these beams do span the entire southern face, FT looks awfully small...

Merovingian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #620
Ebola
BANNED

^ It's much larger than those 6 tall beams.

Looks like the first tower crane will be completed today:

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center