daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2008, 06:22 PM   #6481
bjkeys321

Likes (Received): 20

this is the most intensive project i've ever seen. I love going to ny and watching the progress
bjkeys321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #6482
radiant_city
Bisy Backson

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
Do you think retailers that used to have stores there before 9/11 will return? Or new WTC complex will have all new retailers that WTC never had before?
If it's Westfield in charge of that aspect of the building use, we can probably expect to see all the same stores that Westfield has in all their other malls in the region: I'd bet there'll be a Gap, Hollister, Banana Republic... in short, nothing compelling me to visit the mall except as a way station en route to some other attraction at Freedom Tower.

Has anyone referenced the Wikipedia article about the mall?
radiant_city no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #6483
CrazyAboutCities

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiant_city View Post
If it's Westfield in charge of that aspect of the building use, we can probably expect to see all the same stores that Westfield has in all their other malls in the region: I'd bet there'll be a Gap, Hollister, Banana Republic... in short, nothing compelling me to visit the mall except as a way station en route to some other attraction at Freedom Tower.

Has anyone referenced the Wikipedia article about the mall?
Possibly so. FYI, Wikipedia isn't a good source since it is not 100% facts because it can be re-edited by any internet users.
CrazyAboutCities no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #6484
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgk920 View Post
I believe that that foam is insulation that is being put there to protect the concrete from freezing as it sets (it is getting to be that time of the year again here in the USofA, after all). Concrete setting IS an exothermic reaction, but not sufficiently so that it doesn't need protection from extreme cold.
Mike
I sort of doubt the foam insulation is to prevent freezing. It seldom if ever gets extremely cold in NYC and that doesn't occur until after the first of the year. Concrete is only susceptible to freezing for about the first 10 days or so, after that there is insufficient water remaining to freeze. Chemicals can also be added to concrete to keep it from freezing.
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #6485
CityPolice

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAboutCities View Post
Possibly so. FYI, Wikipedia isn't a good source since it is not 100% facts because it can be re-edited by any internet users.
You do know lots of pages are protected or certain things on the pages, the numbers at the end of statements are links to sources, and ive notice that if there is something that is not right on a protected page it is fixed back
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:34 AM   #6486
backupcoolm4n
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
You do know lots of pages are protected or certain things on the pages, the numbers at the end of statements are links to sources, and ive notice that if there is something that is not right on a protected page it is fixed back
btw on the topic of freedom tower, i noticed today they poored alot of concrete, a big deal since they have been putting up rebar for 90 years
backupcoolm4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #6487
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPolice View Post
But most of the times, people find many false infos and vandalisms in many pages because they allow people like me to edit and add stuff into their pages.

I think wiki should have restrictions on who can become members of the website.

Anyway, the new concrete looks set at the south east corner. Interesting thing is that I rarely or never seen the core with a floor higher than it. It looks like north core is disappearing the highest current floor. So is there 1 or 2 more floors to go until we see ground floor? (south half of the site)
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #6488
kon133

Likes (Received): 10

I am opponent of present structure in (to) personally complex Ground Zero but it has become hard and nobody will change it already. As you can see, upwards trunk Freedmo Tower. Advanced work last at renovation of wall from western part on its whole length too oporowego, whole wall will be deleted from eastern part gradually oporowa. Shows advanced work at structure of midday southern header tank for after WTC2. Shows new foundations too WTC4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon133 View Post
Część 5:

W Ground Zero trwają obecnie prace przy zabezpieczaniu linii metra biegnącej po środku placu budowy, obecnie pod ta linią trwa usuwanie skał i ziemi oraz usuwanie wschodniej ściany tzw. Wanny. Trwają też prace konserwacyjne i modernizacyjne pozostałych pięter wewnątrz muru oporowego (zachodnia ściana pod West Street). W tamtym miejscu będzie tworzony tunel łączący World Financial Center z nowym Mall'em i PATH oraz Freedom Tower. co do samej wieży to prace przy niej postępują. Widać też wyraźne fundamenty WTC4. W tamtych okolicach też trwa wykańczanie nowego muru oporowego.
Co do Memorialu to średnio zaawansowane prace widać przy południowym zbiorniku po WTC2 oraz intensywna konserwacja muru oporowego od strony zachodniej i północnej .

Freedom Tower:

Memorial:

Zabezpieczana linia metra która w tym miejscu będzie modernizowana i całkowicie naprawiona za kilka lat:

Rozbierana ostatnia pozostałość po poprzednim kompleksie WTC a dokładniej pozostałości Mall'a i drogi wewnętrznej kompleksu przed WTC5:

Old November 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #6489
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

nice pics
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #6490
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 752

Thanks for the update...It's so beutiful to see construction site like this...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #6491
kon133

Likes (Received): 10

There is in state of disassembling Deutsche Bank Building, work in this place building cross slowly recede place new which who state conditionWTC5. Part of street will be remade among too bank building Deutsche but will will become zero Ground. I will say revolt for underground rally convention here zero Ground where underground parking will be in northern and eastern eastern part GZ. Part of investment under it to midday southern part company ltd. put report first carrying wall already GZ. Eastern eastern wall of bathtub will be deleted too soon. Both will be jointed part of structure to one Memorial and eastern eastern part GZ. Work last over insurance of (security of) line of meter subway after center of building site too running, it will be based on scales rocks by steel columns which assemble/install be presently. Exportation of old leavings lasts continuously mall, where new will will become for siesta PATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kon133 View Post

Deutsche Bank Building jest w stanie rozbiórki, prace przebiegają wolno Budynek ustąpi miejsca nowemu WTC5 który stanie w tym miejscu. Zostanie też przerobiona część ulicy pomiędzy Deutsche Bank Building a Ground Zero. Powstanie tu powiem zjazd do podziemi Ground Zero gdzie będzie podziemny parking w północnej i wschodniej części GZ. Pod tą część inwestycji sa już stawiane pierwsze ściany nośne w południowej część GZ. Za niedługo zostanie usunięta wschodnia ściana Wanny. Obie część budowy zostaną połączone w jedną (Memorial i wschodnia część GZ). Trwają też prace nad zabezpieczeniem linii metra biegnącej po środku placu budowy, która to będzie się opierała na skale przez stalowe kolumny które są obecnie montowane/zamontowane.
Ciągle trwa wywóz resztek starego Mall'a, gdzie stanie nowe sjeście do PATH.

Freedom Tower:

WTC 2-4 i zabezpieczanie linii metra:

Renowacja Murów oporowych i pięter w nich zawartych (ściana zachodnia):

Wzmacnianie tymczasowych podporów linii metra i usuwanie z pod niej ziemi i skał:

Old November 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #6492
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244324

Very very nice pics
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #6493
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

indeed, all those could be found in polish forum if anyone's interested.
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #6494
Basincreek
Contrary Lite

Likes (Received): 59

A lot of those pics are from Joe Woolhead's blog. He gets right down into the site and gets those super nice pics.
Basincreek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM   #6495
Tag_one

Likes (Received): 6

Found this picture worth posting
Tag_one no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #6496
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

I hope the northern part of the core will be going up soon since there is a lot of rebar sticking up out of it.

You missed a few November pictures from RGZ:

[IMG]http://i37.************/3wy8l.jpg[/IMG]
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #6497
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

nice pics and progress.
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #6498
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

hopefully the norther core will rise before the floor around it drowns it.
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:07 AM   #6499
metsfan
Photographer

Likes (Received): 42

Cool photos. I can't help but notice the bankers trust building having -no- progress for several months.

- A
Old November 9th, 2008, 04:57 AM   #6500
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

They are first getting rid of the abestos, then they will continue to take down the steel on the building, that is why you don't see any visible progress.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center