daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #7321
NewYorkForever2016

Likes (Received): 0

Theres some kind of tarp on the north core. Does anyone know what thats about?

New York Freedom Tower (1 World Trade Center) Vs Shanghi World Finance Center + With Poll : Go to
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=691670

Obama/Biden 2008
NewYorkForever2016 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:14 PM   #7322
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

probably protection-foil for the rebar
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #7323
ramvid01

Likes (Received): 68

I think the tarp pretty much signifies that that portion of the core is ready to be poured. However the western part of the core still appears to have some work that needs to be done.
ramvid01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM   #7324
RKOwens

Oh, boy. I can't believe what I just saw. I was watching 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on MSNBC when they began doing a long story on, get this...

Rebuilding the Twin Towers

That's right, folks. With the Freedom Tower already well above street level, a huge portion of the memorial park already built, and the foundation for Tower 4 laid out, this moronic host began saying something like, "With the beaurocratic slow-down in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center, one group just might have a solution to the nightmare, a group advocating the rebuilding of the Twin Towers." They then had an interview with a guy from, I assume, the Twin Towers II Alliance or one of those groups, who claimed that rebuilding the Twin Towers was still possible and it would, somehow, result in the completion of the site much sooner.

That's right, folks. This douchebag actually claims that spending months dismantling the steel in the memorial park and demolishing the portion of the Freedom Tower already built, throwing out the designs for all 4 towers and start from scratch in a multi-year long design period for the new towers plus smaller buildings and memorial, and then being forced to find new money would somehow cause the project to be completed FASTER. When will you TTII people learn to accept what is being built?
RKOwens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #7325
RKOwens

Forgot to mention, they said there was going to be a part two about the Twin Towers II on tomorrow's show, where they talk to some of the 9/11 victims family members about what they think of the Twin Towers II. For those of you in the U.S., that would be 6:00 eastern time on MSNBC.
RKOwens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #7326
philvia

Likes (Received): 33

i wonder if it was talB LOL
philvia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:22 AM   #7327
NewYorkForever2016

They dont know anything, i'll go watch and see if its on any other shows on msnbc! Also they have it on there website to and they want you to vote which one we want! RIDICULOUS they should know its getting built and how much progress has been done before they put a story on "rebuilding the twin towers"!!

New York Freedom Tower (1 World Trade Center) Vs Shanghi World Finance Center + With Poll : Go to

Obama/Biden 2008
Old January 28th, 2009, 02:29 AM   #7328
NewYorkForever2016

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...63555#28863555 heres a video of the story! Very sad......they dont know anything

Obama/Biden 2008
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM   #7329
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Seriously how can anyone be that ignorant. I can't believe a major news network would even devote time and money for such a worthless story.
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:11 AM   #7330
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens View Post
Oh, boy. I can't believe what I just saw. I was watching 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue on MSNBC when they began doing a long story on, get this...

Rebuilding the Twin Towers

That's right, folks. With the Freedom Tower already well above street level, a huge portion of the memorial park already built, and the foundation for Tower 4 laid out, this moronic host began saying something like, "With the beaurocratic slow-down in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center, one group just might have a solution to the nightmare, a group advocating the rebuilding of the Twin Towers." They then had an interview with a guy from, I assume, the Twin Towers II Alliance or one of those groups, who claimed that rebuilding the Twin Towers was still possible and it would, somehow, result in the completion of the site much sooner.

That's right, folks. This douchebag actually claims that spending months dismantling the steel in the memorial park and demolishing the portion of the Freedom Tower already built, throwing out the designs for all 4 towers and start from scratch in a multi-year long design period for the new towers plus smaller buildings and memorial, and then being forced to find new money would somehow cause the project to be completed FASTER. When will you TTII people learn to accept what is being built?
David Schuster has done this at least one other time that I've seen personally. Either him or someone at MSNBC has a personal vendetta against the current development, it seems.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:53 AM   #7331
Veseу

Likes (Received): 5

They probably should have tried this 6 years ago.
Veseу no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:00 AM   #7332
NewYorkForever2016

They were showing old renderings of the freedom tower too! and saying stuff that donald trump said about the old freedom tower plan like "i looks like garbage" not this one!

Obama/Biden 2008
Old January 28th, 2009, 05:10 AM   #7333
Sentient Seas
Industrial Twilight

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
Seriously how can anyone be that ignorant. I can't believe a major news network would even devote time and money for such a worthless story.
It seems they waste plenty of time on plenty of worthless stories quite frequently. And I hate when we get repeated stories from 3 days before...

I'd rather hear about international news than how Lindsay Lohan went to rehab or whatever. But back on topic...

I can't conceive how any true American can be opposed to this construction...
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:29 AM   #7334
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

pardon me but certain douchbags here need to keep political shit out of this thread!! You guys already been warned by the mods to keep that shit out wtf

now back to a topic, here is another pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geneko/3224679233/
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #7335
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Discussing MSNBC's misrepresentation of the state of the site is hardly political. Chill out.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 06:51 AM   #7336
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

The reporter needs to be fired. Has he seen the work going on here. In one year we went from nothing to something. I'm from New York and I'm all for the FT. I'm suck of this no nothings, talking about something they know nothing about. I've been watch this building since the ground breaking. And I can't wait to it's finish. Those to ass holes can eat a dick.
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #7337
webeagle12

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
Discussing MSNBC's misrepresentation of the state of the site is hardly political. Chill out.
maybe in your little world it's not. I"m here to follow construction progress not discuss what MSNBC said so take a chill pill.

why can't we just all get along sigh..
Old January 28th, 2009, 07:50 AM   #7338
Gendo

Likes (Received): 77

Like Nichole Gelinas has any room to talk. That hair is definately not rational or attractive. Seriously, you're on National Television. Try making yourself look presentable, not like you just came out of a f**k session in the janitor's closet.

Do these two have any idea that they're mocking world renowned architects who have put a great deal of serious effort into these tower designs?

Anyways, thanks for the visual update webeagle12. I look forward to seeing construction, as planned, continue.

Last edited by Gendo; January 28th, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #7339
Ryuinfinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by webeagle12 View Post
pardon me but certain douchbags here need to keep political shit out of this thread!! You guys already been warned by the mods to keep that shit out wtf

now back to a topic, here is another pic:

*Img removed for size*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geneko/3224679233/
Is that an HDR pic?
Old January 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #7340
webeagle12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuinfinity View Post
Is that an HDR pic?
yes

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center