daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 4th, 2009, 02:48 AM   #7721
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
I was out of town well I was back in brooklyn so it really wasn't out of town. I'm a little behind are they talking abot no building towers 2 and 3?
It is being said on wirednewyork.com forums from some people in the know, that financing for 2 and 3 is going to be tough for Silverstein. The below grade work will definetly move forward because they are integral for the PATH stations. But hopefully everything will work itself out financing wise in 12-18 months.
spectre000 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #7722
iDRAFT

Likes (Received): 1

It's almost funny how this project has turned into such a mess. For a project that was meant to show America's resilience, all these delays and financing troubles and now the potential threat of not even the entire planned complex to be completed is nothing more than a sheer embarrassment not only for NY but the entire country. Other nations can build entire cities in 10 years we cant even build 4 towers it's just pathetic.
iDRAFT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #7723
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

^Ignorance incarnate.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #7724
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

He's right, though. This entire project should have been finished 2 years ago.
Uaarkson está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #7725
kingsc

Likes (Received): 199

Hmmm no ground breaking took place in 2006. Look at the pictures from 2004. They didn't even start digging till two years later. And Silvertain has his money in order. PA payed him for everyday they were late. I'm Sure Obama would bail him out if he need it. And the city knows rebuilding the WTC is number one on the list of things to do. Give him a break two of the four buildings are being built and the other are soon to come. And from what I can tell people just started saying the other building were dead. When they couldn't bitch about the speed of the FT.
Old March 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #7726
dachacon

Likes (Received): 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDRAFT View Post
It's almost funny how this project has turned into such a mess. For a project that was meant to show America's resilience, all these delays and financing troubles and now the potential threat of not even the entire planned complex to be completed is nothing more than a sheer embarrassment not only for NY but the entire country. Other nations can build entire cities in 10 years we cant even build 4 towers it's just pathetic.
hows it pathetic??
you're trying to build one of the tallest buildings in the world in the most congested section of the world. the original WTC toke much longer to build than this. the speed may not be to our liking but it will be finished when its finished.
dachacon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM   #7727
Huhu

Likes (Received): 437

Furthermore the site is a mass memorial for thousands who are essentially buried there. Such a sensitive site deserves delicate and deliberate handling out of respect.
Huhu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #7728
kingsc

Yeah there no one buried there. They dug everything up and moved it. Now it's hard for something to stay buried, when you got earth mover digging everything up around you.
If they didn't dig it all up I might have to agree with you just a little.
Old March 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #7729
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 415

They need to adjust earthcam a little, move it down a bit
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #7730
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsc View Post
Yeah there no one buried there. They dug everything up and moved it. Now it's hard for something to stay buried, when you got earth mover digging everything up around you.
If they didn't dig it all up I might have to agree with you just a little.
I think he meant it was a symbolic burial place since many of the victims have yet to be identified. It's better than imagining your loved one's burial place is Fresh Kills Landfill.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #7731
Ebola
BANNED

Likes (Received): 94

Fresh Kills is being converted into a massive park and I think where will be a 9/11 memorial there too.
Ebola no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:17 AM   #7732
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
I think he meant it was a symbolic burial place since many of the victims have yet to be identified. It's better than imagining your loved one's burial place is Fresh Kills Landfill.
Its funny how you say love ones buried in fresh kills because I do have some family buried there long story. I don't have a problem with a memorial at fresh kills park.
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #7733
meh_cd

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
Fresh Kills is being converted into a massive park and I think where will be a 9/11 memorial there too.
I know. It's still a landfill for the time being, though.

Sorry to hear about your family members, king.
meh_cd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 06:47 AM   #7734
Vodski Bandit

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens View Post
Agreed. The original Twin Towers were beautiful because of their simplicity. But, if you did like the design of the original Freedom Tower, then you at least have Tower 3 to look forward to, which I think carries on a bit of the original Freedom Tower design with columns at all sorts of weird angles.

This does not have 'columns at all sorts of weird angles', it is called structural expressionism and they are perfectly ordered. It's a classic piece Rogers design. This and tower 2 make the whole scheme, they're fantastic and put the Freedom Tower itself to shame (apart from in terms of overall height).. I really hope these new rumours are just that and no more?
Vodski Bandit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #7735
kingsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
I know. It's still a landfill for the time being, though.

Sorry to hear about your family members, king.
Oh that happen in my family when I was a little guy So I didn't get to know them.

Last edited by kingsc; March 6th, 2009 at 07:33 AM.
kingsc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #7736
RKOwens

Likes (Received): 0

Seems they're pouring the B2 level at Freedom Tower now. I count six concrete trucks on site.
RKOwens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #7737
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKOwens View Post
Seems they're pouring the B2 level at Freedom Tower now. I count six concrete trucks on site.
They're still pouring late into the night. A couple of the east side perimeter steel beams are barely visible now. Also pouring in the north core as well.
spectre000 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #7738
Uaarkson
Sheet Metal Sketcher

Likes (Received): 1028

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
They're still pouring late into the night. A couple of the east side perimeter steel beams are barely visible now. Also pouring in the north core as well.
how can you tell?
Uaarkson está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM   #7739
iDRAFT

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huhu View Post
Furthermore the site is a mass memorial for thousands who are essentially buried there. Such a sensitive site deserves delicate and deliberate handling out of respect.
It's sensitive no doubt, but that isn't the reason it's taken so long. The complex has been delayed for financial reasons, contract reasons, the Port Authority's laziness, union garbage among others. I understand it is a sensitive site, I watched the towers fall outside of my bedroom window, but these delays and setbacks are so contradictory to the entire attitude the rebuilding was supposed to portray. And the building one of the world's tallest skyscrapers is no excuse. Many a supertall have risen much faster and much smoother than this one has.

Ignorance Incarnate my ass, it's ridiculous and damn shameful all the bullshit problems that have delayed and plagued this complex.
iDRAFT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 05:59 AM   #7740
Msradell
Always looking up

Likes (Received): 209

Very good point, the building was supposed to show america's defiance after the attacks and portray our strength. Instead it seems to be demonstrating everything that's wrong with America, politics, unions, corruption and just general bickering.

Tags
construction updates, development, ground zero, manhattan, new york city, nyc, port authority, supertall, world trade center